PDA

View Full Version : Any more MR1 reports?

ap3572001
12-17-2011, 8:07 AM
Been very happy with mine. 100% satisfied.
Any more recent reports from MR1 owners?

X-NewYawker
12-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Loved it. Sold it. Trigger just too far away for my comfort with the Ca legal stock.

ap3572001
01-11-2012, 8:24 AM
Shot a combat course at work recently with my MR1.(Just for fun)
Comes back on target REALLY fast. VERY easy to shoot. No issues . Used PMAG's and FN current M16 magazines . 62 grain Federal bonded tactical ammo. Factory sights. ( About to order AIMPOINT PRO)
Would love to hear feedback from others. So far the rifle is 100%

Gun Smoke 762
04-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Please. more feedback ! I am new here from New york and joined just to get info on the MR1. For some reason it is not popular in New York. I cant find many reviews on it and the one's I do find seem to be done by people who favor the AR.

gorenut
04-02-2012, 1:46 PM
I admit, I had a big interest in the MR1 when it was first released. Its a very nice looking rifle, but I've read multiple reports of it being not the most precise rifle. Sufficient, but for $1200, I was expecting much better. On top of that, its picky with mags and its on the heavier side for this type of rifle. Makes me wonder what this rifle does that a Mini 14 can't already do except looking sharp and accepting AR mags (albeit limited in which ones). I'm curious on more input as well since I'm guessing there are more people who own the rifle now. I'm hoping I'm wrong in my assessment. I don't have the MR1 myself, so don't take what I've read as law.

ap3572001
04-02-2012, 1:52 PM
I admit, I had a big interest in the MR1 when it was first released. Its a very nice looking rifle, but I've read multiple reports of it being not the most precise rifle. Sufficient, but for $1200, I was expecting much better. On top of that, its picky with mags and its on the heavier side for this type of rifle. Makes me wonder what this rifle does that a Mini 14 can't already do except looking sharp and accepting AR mags (albeit limited in which ones). I'm curious on more input as well since I'm guessing there are more people who own the rifle now. I'm hoping I'm wrong in my assessment. I don't have the MR1 myself, so don't take what I've read as law.

I started this:)

I own and shoot MR1.

It works GREAT with ANY modern AR style magazines . P Mags work great.
(They also work great in all our AR's at work)

Its been as reliable as any AR. A little more accurate than my new style Mini 14.

I guess the only thing it has over the 581 series Mini 14's is that it takes AR mags.

It DOES come back on target faster than any AR.

Also , You dont have to deal with BB's and magazine issues.

My favorite "featureless" rifles are :MR1 and my 581 series Mini 14.

gorenut
04-02-2012, 2:21 PM
Thanks for that reality-rooted breakdown (especially comparing the 3 rifles).

When I was first shopping for a featureless semi, it ended up Mini 14 vs the MR1. I eventually went with the Mini because of the price and easy ways of accurizing the rifle at home. There was more info out there for the Mini 14 since its been around much longer. That said.. if I run across an MR1 at a good price, I'd still wanna pick it up.

Gun Smoke 762
04-02-2012, 4:06 PM
Yes thank you for the response I had hoped you(op) would respond and not say I sold it. I am happy to hear that it is serving you well. Have you shot ant steele through it?