PDA

View Full Version : Dialing in .223 5.56 Magpul BUS

NoCash4theRange
12-17-2011, 2:14 AM
Any suggestions or opinions on how to dial in some BUS from Magpul on my AR at 100 yards? Any & all advice is accepted here. I have a Plum Crazy Lower that hasn't been dialed in, let alone shot in months.

THANKS!

MrPlink
12-17-2011, 4:33 AM
same way you dial it in any case...

shoot a group, adjust to the average point of impact. Rinse and repeat until done

Mail Clerk
12-17-2011, 6:15 AM
Any suggestions or opinions on how to dial in some BUS from Magpul on my AR at 100 yards? Any & all advice is accepted here. I have a Plum Crazy Lower that hasn't been dialed in, let alone shot in months.

THANKS!

NoCash4the Range,

No matter what type or brand of sight you have the basic best way is to use one of the new fancy laser bore sighters. I don't have one myself but this method saves you precious ammo initially. Otherwise use the old fashion way and start at the 25 yard line and using ammo just keep walking out the target until you ge to 100 yards. One other method is to get one of the military paper targets and sight it in using that at about 25meters or yards.
I'm actually heading to Riflegear and picking up a set of those or the Arms brand for my newly bought "Dissappator".

I want to get a Plum Crazy version myself but that's next years project.

Mail Clerk

NoCash4theRange
03-15-2012, 9:17 PM
Mr. Plink & Mail Clerk,

Thanks for the input fellas!

Mail Clerk - Now you can get either a Plum Crazy or an LW15 :)

McTerry
03-16-2012, 12:55 AM
You could also try zeroing at 200 yards (that way you can see the impact). If you are zeroing out at a range or hillside somewhere.

Otherwise, paper at 50 and get 'er done...