PDA

View Full Version : New Remington 700 SPS Tactical range report (updated 4/2/12)

cfusionpm
12-16-2011, 7:45 PM
I shot a friend of mine's Rem 700 VTR a while back and was nicely impressed with it compared to my rifles when it came to longer range accuracy. I had never got into precision shooting before, so this would be a nice entry. I ended up wanting to buy one and looked up some different models online. My attention was drawn to the SPS Tactical after seeing them on sale at Turners. Read up on it and seemed pleased enough with its performance. It should easilly outshoot me for a while. And when it doesnt, I can upgrade parts. After deciding on that, I did some more research on scopes and what would be the best investment I could make. Settled on a Nightforce 3.5-15x50 with NP-R1 reticle and .25MOA turrets. I'm under the philosophy of buy once cry once, and this should last me many many years. Next to my friend's Leupold MK AR 6-18x40, the quality difference is night and day.

I finally got everything mounted and took it out for the first time today. Took it to South Bay Rod & Gun Club, which has a nice 300yd range. Had everything oiled up and started sending rounds down range. I'm certainly no master super cool sniper guy, but I was immediately pleased with my results. I have a basic understanding of fundamentals and did my best to put rounds on target. Using my little ballistic calculator app on my phone, I could get rough estimates for ranges after I first got it zeroed. It actually worked pretty well, and put shots within about 1MOA before further adjustment.

I love this rifle! And I had a lot of fun taking it out today! For the first time, it was about taking time with each shot instead of sending round after round in all my other semi-autos. Also, without any kind of wind flags or wind calculations, I just kind of guessed based on impact for correction of the left-to-right wind. And sometimes the wind died down, causing shots to fly left. All in all though, a good learning experience. Will definitely be looking into a laser range finder for trips out to the desert. Definitely a different experience, and definitely something I want to spend more time working with and getting better at!

And now to some pics:
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6649/img9372q.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7959/img9362u.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8757/20111216122150479.jpg

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9717/50ydr7001.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9846/100ydr7001.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6528/300ydr7001.jpg

greyhd
12-16-2011, 7:55 PM
Very nice! Just picked up a 700 Tactical myself but still need some glass for it.

cfusionpm
12-16-2011, 8:00 PM
Very nice! Just picked up a 700 Tactical myself but still need some glass for it.

Go as big as you can afford. My friend and I both have MK ARs on top of other rifles (mine a 3-9, his a 6-18) and they're..... just not even in the same league. Being a photographer, I have a good appreciation for nice glass. This NF has beautiful, bright, clear glass. There is some minimal chromatic abberation (cyan and magenta hue around sharp edges) at high magnification, but doesn't seem to affect contrast much. At 300 yards and 15x mag, I could pretty easily see the impact holes on my orange target. I didn't want to spend three times the price of the rifle on the scope, but I also didn't want to spend one times the price, be disappointed, eat the cost (or sell for a loss) and end up spending three times the cost anyway. Been down that road a couple times in different hobbies.

Iloveguns
12-17-2011, 7:50 AM
Nice rig! Try shooting match grade ammo out of that and you will see a big difference in your groups. Or if you can, reloading is the best way to go. First upgrade and Im sure you already know this, change out the stock as soon as you can.

docsmileyface
12-17-2011, 8:17 AM
In the same boat as greyhd - just bought a 700 Tactical SPS and trying to decide what to put on it. Leaning towards a Leupold Mk 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50 FFP M5 with the TMR reticle because I can get it off promotive with the Leupold VIP discount for ~$1200 which is about the best price I've found for that much scope, but a lot of people say to stay away from Leupold. I also had the Mark AR 3-9 and wasn't too impressed by it, but I'm thinking the Mk 4 might be a little better than the Mark AR.

21SF
12-17-2011, 8:25 AM
Wait till you see Ziess, schmit, or any european glass.

Nightforce are known more for their tank like ruggedness and tactical features than optical clarity.

Thats a beautiful rifle...now go handload some SMK's and AMAX's

my SPS varmint loves AMAX.

phish
12-17-2011, 10:20 AM
ffs, if your going to be swinging off Jerry's balls, at least spell it right

Zeiss
Schmidt

21SF
12-17-2011, 10:25 AM

Zeiss
Schmidt

Sorry Mrs. Grammar, did I hurt your feelings?

bsg
12-17-2011, 10:32 AM
very nice; congratulations.

vintagearms
12-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Just picked up a SWFA SS-HD 5-20x50 ffp and its a nice scope. Couldnt afford the NF F1 so this was a compromise of sorts. I have been researching all over the internet. SWFA vs NF vs Leopold vs Bushnell tactical vs Weaver vs Vortex and the SWFA has been in the top 3. Obviously not comparing Premier or US Optics, or even March.

Now I just have to get the Remington 700 ;)

Good shooting OP.

HK Dave
12-17-2011, 10:52 AM
It's really hard to go wrong with Nightforce. :)

If someone tells you that you chose wrong, tell me to go troll elsewhere.

phish
12-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Sorry Mrs. Grammar, did I hurt your feelings?

I can spell just fine, so no.

cfusionpm
12-17-2011, 2:39 PM
Nice rig! Try shooting match grade ammo out of that and you will see a big difference in your groups. Or if you can, reloading is the best way to go. First upgrade and Im sure you already know this, change out the stock as soon as you can.

I picked up some Federal GMM and Hornady Match Zombie/A-Max at the gun show today. Will see how they do next time I go out. :)

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/6362/ammo9385.jpg

repomanNWP
12-17-2011, 2:50 PM
I like your choices here, great scope and solid rifle. I have a SWFA SS scope like vintagearms above, although I put it on my benchrest AR-15. My remington 700 is my go to hunting rifle, and for that I love the simplicity of the Nikon BDC scopes. Ditto on match grade ammo also, I reload all my own, not so much for economics, but because I like that every round I shoot is a match grade cartridge. Checkout Berger Bullets as well, my Remington loves the 168gr VLD's

Colt-45
12-17-2011, 4:22 PM
Nice rifle,

That's exactly what I need. I keep putting off the Rem700 SPS tactical because it can't be properly shot out of the box, it needs an optic. How much was your optic?

RoyBatty
12-17-2011, 4:29 PM
IMHO the SPS Tactical is a steal...Mine shoots 1/2 MOA and better all day long..I ditched the Hogue stock and mounted it in a Bell & Carlson stock, put on a scope rail and mounted a Bushnell Tactical Elite 4200 6-24 scope and this rifle shoots like a million bucks...I shoot 168 gr TAP until I run out of it, murder on Coyotes have a bunch of Fed GMM in reserve...just had a Badger Bolt knob put on..

I even did a rattlecan home camo job on it.

Eventually I'll put a better scope on it but am pleasantly surprised by the quality of this Bushnell

RoyBatty
12-17-2011, 4:30 PM
BTW just screwing around I put 5 shots into 5 inches at 650 yards..

cfusionpm
12-17-2011, 4:31 PM
That's exactly what I need. I keep putting off the Rem700 SPS tactical because it can't be properly shot out of the box, it needs an optic. How much was your optic?
~$1550 locally. I see them on Optics Planet for ~1530 (and no tax, 2-3 week shipping), but I really like the guys at my local store, and they ended up giving me a 5% discount anyway.

Like I said though, I didn't want to spend 3X the rifle on scope. But I also didn't want to cheap out, be disappointed, and buy the expensive one eventually anyway.

According to this review I found (link (http://www.snipercentral.com/spstactical.htm)) it shoots pretty dang well out of the box. I found it shot extremely well given my relatively novice long-range skills. I'll consider a stock upgrade once I can consistantly shoot around .5MOA on average.

Colt-45
12-17-2011, 4:38 PM
According to this review I found (link (http://www.snipercentral.com/spstactical.htm)) it shoots pretty dang well out of the box. I found it shot extremely well given my relatively novice long-range skills. I'll consider a stock upgrade once I can consistantly shoot around .5MOA on average.

Didn't mean it like that, it's an excellent gun. I meant it cant be fired properly without a scope, no iron sights on it.

Buying the gun is the first part, the scope is 3x more than the gun. I'll eventually just have to man up and get it. I was gonna buy this next, but I bought a pocket gun and built another AR instead. This WILL be next .:D Great setup you got there.

cfusionpm
12-17-2011, 4:43 PM
Iron sights? On a bolt? What is this, WWII? :P

grant22
12-17-2011, 5:47 PM
Zeiss
Schmidt

:D:D:D

ZX-10R
12-18-2011, 5:20 PM
Good stuff you bought. You need more practice. That optic should have you at the 1 MOA or less result. Technique. I can pull sub MOA with same rifle and Millet LRS-1. Nice results out of the box nonetheless. Congrats!

cfusionpm
12-18-2011, 6:38 PM
In good time... This is my first precision rifle, and philosophies I use on my M1A Scout and AR are totally different! Will definitely practice more. 100 yd shots were the first shots of the day (other than the 50yd initial zero). They were kind of sloppy, IMO, but I was more excited to see what 300 looked like before trying to tighten up 100. I think I'll just concentrate on 100yds next time I go out and work on tightening up the groups with less wind interference.

Gray Ops 1*
12-19-2011, 8:10 AM
Scope choices, depending on what your planning on using your 700 SPS be careful about the amount of magnification your getting. If the majority of your shots are going to be at extended ranges then go big. However when you move in to 150 or less you are giving up the ability to see anything other than your target. Now if your target is stationary not an issue. If it's moving then you need a larger field of view or you're have a difficult time keep the target in the cross hairs.

I run a Remington LTR with a Leupold ERT 6.5x20 w/TRM reticle. I've shot it out to 1k with no issues. Just completed the NRA's LE Precision Rifle Instructor Course and found most of the 100 and in targets were difficult to get on target rapidly at 6.5 do to the small field of view do to the magnification. If your planning on using it in the normal urban environment look at magnification in the 3 to 4 power range.

Reticles are your next choice. If you have the ability and knowledge to range then go for the "Tactical" ones. You also have to look at the type of scope adjustments, MILS vs MOA. To simplify things it would be best if your scope adjustments are the same as your tactical reticle MIL-MIL or MOA-MOA, this alleviates having to do a calculation for adjustments. You also should have an understanding of front or first focal plane reticle vs a second focal plane reticle. The first focal plane is going to cost you more!

1" vs 30mm scope diameter, the 30mm is larger and allows for more elevation & windage adjustments, it does not allow more light into the scope. The larger the diameter of the front lens is what will allow more light into the scope along with the quality of the glass in the lens. 40 to 50mm are standard sizes that work best. If your scope has a parallax adjustment or focus make sure you use it! It will assist in your accuracy.

Don't skimp on your mounts and rings. Over the years I've seen some 1k + scopes mounted on rifles with $20 rings and the owner couldn't understand why he couldn't get a 1moa group. If you need more elevation adjustment, you can always add a 20 moa base to reach out and touch the longer distances.

If you're looking a buy a quality scope for normal hunting/target shooting at known distances out to 300 yards you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get one, a Leupold VX3 3.5x10-40 with a duplex reticle should fit the bill quite nicely for around $550...

Good Luck and enjoy the press...

cfusionpm
02-03-2012, 6:34 PM
Haven't been able to take it out again until today and was very pleased with the results!

I spent about three sets of 4 rounds at 100 yds to work out a better zero, then set off for 300 yds. Got a pretty good group, IMO, but could certainly be worked on. A more consistant point of aim would probably help a lot. Perhaps a 2" dot in the center (or even just a big bullseye) would make it easier. Anyway, I spent the rest of the day playing at 100y (including a game of poker with my friend and his 700 using this target (http://alcotarget.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm?ID=116) ;) ). Then tried to get some better groups on some other targets I brought with me and was pretty satisfied with those results, too! Some of them are still a little sloppy, and it's apparent how much breathing, relaxing, and tensing can affect aim. Either way, I'm happy with the progress after only two outings at these ranges with this gun. Looking forward to more!

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1361/20120203131229240edit.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/125/2012020313150186edit.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5913/20120203141808952edit.jpg

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/256/img9437edit.jpg

1forall
02-03-2012, 6:41 PM
Sweet! Sold mines to my dad for cheap and now regret it everyday.

Mojaveman
02-03-2012, 7:07 PM
The Remington 700 SPS Tactical is a great starter rifle. Nightforce scopes are expensive but dam they are sweet to look through.

ZX-10R
02-04-2012, 8:30 AM
Nice pick up. M700 is a great platform.

Speedpower
02-04-2012, 10:56 AM
This my 5 shot group off my SPS Tactical at 100 yards using Federal 168 gr Sierra Match King and a Simmons 4 x 12 http://www.opticsplanet.net/simmons-44-mag-4-12x44mm-wa-adjustable-rifle-scope.html on a Bipod.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296019_2069492496532_1221447806_31825090_585339047 _n.jpg

beretta929mm
02-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I love it when people post their entire shot groups, not some cherry picked 3 shot, or 5 shot groups.

cfusionpm
02-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I love it when people post their entire shot groups, not some cherry picked 3 shot, or 5 shot groups.

Yeah, as much as I would love to claim half-MOA all day, it's just not the case. Like I said, even the slightest flinch, twitch, interrupt in breathing, or gust of wind makes noticeable differences. But when it all comes together.... THEN I get some good groups. But without context of other shots, the tight groups are just an empty bragging right, IMO.

Colt-45
02-04-2012, 3:44 PM
I'm drooling over that scope. lol

skibuff
02-04-2012, 4:16 PM
Thanks for the info on SPS.
I've been torn between a Rem 700 VTR and SPS having shot both what are your thoughts?

cfusionpm
02-04-2012, 4:58 PM
Depends on what you want. A buddy of mine actually has the VTR, and shooting his made me want to get a 700 myself. The biggest difference (besides the cool triangle barrel and built-in brake) is that his weighs like half as much as mine. Maybe all my crap is heavier than his, but it feels like a feather by comparisson. Mine with bipod, optics, and 8 rounds (4 loaded 4 in pouch) is just over 12 lbs.

The biggest selling point that brought me here (over the VTR) was price. The SPS Tac was on sale at Turners out the door for ~650. Whereas the VTR was up around 800 (before tax/dros). I also looked up some reviews and found satisfactory performance out of the SPS Tactical (at least for my needs), so that was that!

This site helped me out a bunch:
http://www.snipercentral.com/spstactical.htm
http://www.snipercentral.com/vtr.htm

skibuff
02-04-2012, 5:06 PM
Cool thank you I'm with you the triangle barrel is kinda cool but not $150 cool.

cfusionpm
02-05-2012, 10:42 AM
^ And according to that review, it didn't even shoot as well as the SPS out of the box anyway!

2nd Shot
02-05-2012, 3:30 PM
I have one too - for the money, I'm not sure the SPS-T can be beat! I'm running a Falcon Optics Menace 4-14x44 FFP scope on mine and am satisfied with the clarity and repeatability so far. The only other mods are a HS-Precision factory stock from a 5-R, a Harris swivel bipod, and and ammo holding cheek pad/stock pack. It's my all around bench/field rifle now.

With good ammo and patience, you should be able to wring out 3/8" groups or so. My best groups with factory ammo were with Black Hills Match 175. I had better luck with 175 Matchking bullet loads (~1/2MOA) vs the 168 loads (~.750-1") it seems. I tried the new Hornady Superformance 178, since it seems like it would be the dream load for this rifle, giving longer barrel velocity, but could not get it to group under 1"... I think the 178 bullet is just barely too long to stabilize. My handloads using MR-2000 powder supposedly duplicate Superformance velocity using the same principle, and with 175 Sierra Matchking bullets, have obtained further 3/8" groups, so it's going to be my choice target load from here on out - just some info for you to try if you want.

Enjoy the rifle, these things rock!

pat4wd
02-05-2012, 5:52 PM
I had one.. Fun rifle and was also a tight shooter, I loved the houge stock too.. Love the feel.. I know all the snobs will laugh but I liked it.. I clearanced the front of the stock where it contacted the barrel while prone on a bipod.. Could always shoot 1/2 MOA with fed GMM 168's.. Also the one I had had a fantastic trigger broke like glass.. I know not all of the xmarks were that good though.. I guess I got lucky, Wish I did not sell it

cfusionpm
02-05-2012, 7:14 PM
With good ammo and patience, you should be able to wring out 3/8" groups or so. My best groups with factory ammo were with Black Hills Match 175. I had better luck with 175 Matchking bullet loads (~1/2MOA) vs the 168 loads (~.750-1") it seems. I tried the new Hornady Superformance 178, since it seems like it would be the dream load for this rifle, giving longer barrel velocity, but could not get it to group under 1"... I think the 178 bullet is just barely too long to stabilize. My handloads using MR-2000 powder supposedly duplicate Superformance velocity using the same principle, and with 175 Sierra Matchking bullets, have obtained further 3/8" groups, so it's going to be my choice target load from here on out - just some info for you to try if you want.

Enjoy the rifle, these things rock!

I have 200 rounds of GMM 168gr SMK I picked up for ~17$ a box + 9$ shipping a little bit ago. I might pick up a box or two of the 175gr to compare once I get a little more consistant in technique. Thanks for the heads-up tho. I'm relatively new to precision shooting, so any progress is good on my end!

cfusionpm
04-02-2012, 5:02 PM
Thought I'd update with some nice progress. :)

That chunk on the left bulls eye is sighting in for wind. I have no wind meter so I just fire and adjust.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7596/20120402124030635edit.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2317/20120402113629967edit.jpg

Ding126
04-02-2012, 5:14 PM
If $$$ is an issue.. I would suggest the Nikon Monarch models..When I was talking with the president of Nightforce many years ago..I asked him if not NF who do consider to have nice optics? Nikon was his answer..Is that because Nikon makes the glass for NF? or Does he really feel that it's a quality product? IDK

I'm ready to buy a NF 5.5x22x56...If I can figure out which reticle to get now or wait for the MOAR reticle..

NYY
04-02-2012, 5:39 PM
nice! i can already see improvement in your groups!

RugerNo1
04-02-2012, 6:02 PM
...When I was talking with the president of Nightforce many years ago..I asked him if not NF who do consider to have nice optics? Nikon was his answer..

I have been told by many "in the know" that the same Japanese plant that makes Nightforce scopes also makes Nikon and Vortex. Perhaps that is the reasoning.

rtc111
04-02-2012, 6:38 PM
Good too see this rifle! I just bought my HS percision stock last week i can't wait to get it!! only 5 more months :( haha

rtc111
04-02-2012, 6:45 PM
By the way im putting a vortex PST scope on mine, Its got all the gismo's that a nightforce does just half the price. Im not going to put a $1400 scope on a $600 dollar rifle haha. Ive seen the glass on the vortex compared to nightforce side by side and its very hard to tell the difference except after 1000 yards, even at that distance the vortex was very clear. If your trying to use you scope as a spotting scope to see holes at 300 yards than i guess its worth the extra $800. Anyways here's the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/vortex-viper-pst-4-16x50-riflescopes.html

cfusionpm
04-03-2012, 1:42 PM
nice! i can already see improvement in your groups!

Thanks! It's amazing what nice ammo and good breathing will do. :)

And just to repost, since it was the last post on previous page:
Thought I'd update with some nice progress. :)

That chunk on the left bulls eye is sighting in for wind. I have no wind meter so I just fire and adjust.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7596/20120402124030635edit.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2317/20120402113629967edit.jpg

Nessal
04-03-2012, 1:47 PM
I really hope you guys are right. That way I can stop buying Nightforce and get a Nikon or Vortex lol.

RugerNo1
04-03-2012, 2:01 PM
The Bushnell HDMR with the GAP reticule is a very nice option as well.

ExtremeX
04-03-2012, 3:45 PM
Your thread is really making this hard for me haha....

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a Savage 10 FCP-K (24" with a 1:10 twist)

The price on the SPS Tactical is cheaper, ive used one in .223, I like it. One thing holding me back on the 700 SPS is the 1:12 twist rate. I understand the 1:10 will handle the heavier loads better, and will give me more options for when I am reloading and developing loads. On top of that the Savage has a longer barrel and is a little more jazzed up.

Im sure either one will out shoot me anyways.

Thanks for the range report OP, great shooting, awsome scope.

Edit: If you have a chance to fire some of that 150gr Federal .308 on sale at turners right now post some targets. Id like to know how it shoots.

6doubleR
04-03-2012, 5:42 PM
Awesome rifle! Glad to see you're able to get on paper at 300 yards as a novice. Just picked one up with an SWFA SS 10x42. Hopefully I can get the same results as a novice.

cfusionpm
04-03-2012, 5:58 PM
Awesome rifle! Glad to see you're able to get on paper at 300 yards as a novice. Just picked one up with an SWFA SS 10x42. Hopefully I can get the same results as a novice.

All I really use is Strelok, a free ballistics app for Android phones. It's not the most sophisticated app available, but I think it's by far the best of the free apps. As long as I put in enough information about the bullet, rifle, and conditions, it's pretty accurate in getting me on target up to about 400. When I took it to 600 at Angeles, I had to adjust an extra .5MOA up, since it was hitting a little low.

DizzyD
04-04-2012, 1:33 AM
Nice rig and good grouping out to 300yds bud! That will definitely shrink when you start reloading and finding the right spot.

jonzer77
04-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Galleryofguns just got some of these rifles in stock for anyone looking.

http://galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=84207&mfg=Remington&mdlno=Model+700+Special+Purpose+Synthetic+Tactical

$688 otd shipped to my local ffl, too bad I don't have the funds :(

RatedPG
04-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Galleryofguns just got some of these rifles in stock for anyone looking.

http://galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=84207&mfg=Remington&mdlno=Model+700+Special+Purpose+Synthetic+Tactical

$688 otd shipped to my local ffl, too bad I don't have the funds :(

me either!

Knight_Who_Says_Ni
04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
The price on the SPS Tactical is cheaper, ive used one in .223, I like it. One thing holding me back on the 700 SPS is the 1:12 twist rate. I understand the 1:10 will handle the heavier loads better, and will give me more options for when I am reloading and developing loads. On top of that the Savage has a longer barrel and is a little more jazzed up.

Go look at the Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD, it's the Remington 700 Tactical but with a 1:10 twist and a threaded barrel. IIRC, it's ~$50 more than the standard SPS.

ExtremeX
04-04-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm just curious... is the 1:12 actually going to shoot the 150gr rounds better than the 1:10, or is the 150gr still more than adequate to run on a 1:10 twist rate. Or is it one of those, if you can actually notice the difference you should probably be hand loading?

Most people tell me to just go with the 1:10 because it should stabilize lighter loads just fine, but 1:12 wont stabilize heavier loads.

RugerNo1
04-04-2012, 1:04 PM
Define "heavy." I shoot 155 SMK Palmas and 175 SMKs out of my 1:12 just fine. I can even shoot up to 185 Berger VLDs if I wanted (according to Berger's site). A good barrel should be able to shoot 155 through 185 cup and core projectiles just fine. A 1:10 or 1:11 is nice to have if you are planning to shoot 190 or greater weight/length projectiles. You may see a slight velocity gain using the slowest twist necessary for your selected projectile.

ExtremeX
04-04-2012, 1:21 PM
To clarify my concern, is the 150gr Federal ammo too light of a round for a 1:10 twist rate, or am I even going to notice a difference.

I tend to shoot lighter factory rounds since I find good deals on it. I got a decent amount of 150gr Federal, I understand its not match ammo, but its what I am working with until I start reloading or buying match ammo.

ExtremeX
04-04-2012, 1:32 PM
Go look at the Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD, it's the Remington 700 Tactical but with a 1:10 twist and a threaded barrel. IIRC, it's ~$50 more than the standard SPS.

Hmm... ill have to search around for better prices. Rifle Gear has the SPS Tactical for about $650 and the AAC-SD for $799

Prc329
04-04-2012, 1:38 PM
Hmm... ill have to search around for better prices. Rifle Gear has the SPS Tactical for about $650 and the AAC-SD for $799

Last time I checked Turners had it for $700

EDIT: I just called cause I am thinking of getting one soon and they have one in stock at the Kearney Mesa Turners for $699.99. On the shelf right now.

russ209
04-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Looks like your getting there! Good job!

Thanks! It's amazing what nice ammo and good breathing will do. :)

And just to repost, since it was the last post on previous page:

SilentScream
04-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Nice gun and good shooting… I would highly suggest reading this thread titled “Trouble with 3 shot groups”

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/279218_The_Trouble_With_3_Shot_Groups.html

this article will give you a better idea on how to evaluate your rifles accuracy properly…and ignore all those Sub-MOA Internet Commandos