PDA

View Full Version : S&w 1911sc

DPC
03-06-2007, 5:54 PM
Well guys I got bit buy the 1911 bug, got my eyes on a Smith & Wesson 1911 SC 5" Barrel blued pistol, beautiful piece. Pros it's a bad @$$ pistol, Cons $996.00 and if it comes to concealed carry this would not be my first choice TO Big!!! Also the cost of .45 ammo isn't cheep. Just interested in a few opinions. Just a beautiful gun!!!

DPC

stevie
03-06-2007, 5:56 PM
If you like it buy it. Depending on your build the 1911 is no harder to conceal than most other pistols. Get a good holster and belt, and a CCW of course.

blackrifle
03-06-2007, 6:23 PM
CAREFULLY inspect the S&W before you buy it and inspect the ACTUAL one you're going to get. S&W has some bad QC and some of their 1911's have some issues. Unfinished breech faces, bad barrel to frame interface, loose triggers (they rattle like a baby's toy), bad finishes, uneven rail wear, etc., etc...mine had a variety of issues and I sent it in and S&W had to replace the entire slide and a few other parts. They should have replaced the frame too (which other's have had replaced). Personally, unless I'm getting a S&W for DIRT cheap (I'm talking WELL below dealer cost...and then 50% off of that), I'm not buying another one...they had their chance...twice, and they failed.

For less than $996, I would rather buy a Colt XSE (Government or Commander depending on what you want). I picked up mine for $699 brand new in box (which is a better than average deal...they're around $800-$900 normally). All it needs is night sights (which I think the SW1911PC also needs).

Also, if you can find a Springfield TRP for $1000 (CDNN had some not too long ago), that's not a bad way to go (other Springfield 1911's aren't so great).