PDA

View Full Version : got my baby today!

ns3v3n
03-06-2007, 3:11 PM
hey guys, finally picked it up today at the gun store, it's been a long 10 days waiting period. this thing is such a beauty, thank you original owner!, he's having a baby, so he sold it to me!

it's a ruger mark II bull barrel with volquartsen accurizing kits, volquartsen exact bolt extractor and enlarge bolt release installed. and 13 boxes of 50rds bullets and a thumb saver for the magazines.

got it for $160 hehe made my day, well technically made my day 10 days ago. but you get the picture. heres some pic to share with my fellow calguners.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/ns3v3n/DSC00032.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/ns3v3n/DSC00033.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/ns3v3n/DSC00034.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/ns3v3n/DSC00035.jpg

probably looking to put the VQ grips on there and the extended magazine release. and maybe a red dot later down the road, i want to shoot it first with iron sights.

zorkieo
03-06-2007, 3:24 PM
dont shoot wolf ammo though that guy. remember that when choosing between the good and bad brands of .22 its the difference of 1-2 dollars for 50 rounds. (sometimes less). shoot good ammo though that gun, becaue it can be super accurate. my friend shoots five shots into under an inch from 15 yards every time

ns3v3n
03-06-2007, 3:38 PM
so no wolf huh? i got those for free. hell i'll give them to my friends then go to walmart and get a brick of federal or something. thanks for the info.!

EBWhite
03-06-2007, 3:43 PM
Thats a smoking deal.

classical_buff
03-06-2007, 3:50 PM
I would have to disagree with zorkieo on Wolf ammo, at least when it comes to 22LR. Looking at the box, it looks like Wolf Match Target, which is very good ammunition. This ammunition is considered "best bang for the buck" in the rimfire community and comes pretty close to some of the most exotic (read EXPENSIVE i.e. Eley...)

Personally, I had a good luck with Wolf Match Target in a single-shot bolt action rifle, S&W 41 pistol and AR-15 22LR upper from Compass Lake Engineering.

BTW, Frank White (owner of Compass Lake Engineering and well-known for his AR-15) recommends Wolf Ammunition for his 22LR upper.

zorkieo
03-06-2007, 4:28 PM
i didint konw it was a special version. i was speaking only about standard wolf

ns3v3n
03-06-2007, 6:50 PM
just cleaned it, pretty easy to take apart and put together. where should i lube the gun? a little bit at the bolt i did, where else???

Directshot
03-06-2007, 7:13 PM
Very nice and very nice on the price.
Enjoy!!

PistolPete75
03-06-2007, 7:17 PM
shot one of those two weeks ago, it's a very fun, inexpensive pistol to shoot.

laabstract
03-06-2007, 8:07 PM
shot one of those two weeks ago, it's a very fun, inexpensive pistol to shoot.

Was it very front heavy?

ns3v3n
03-06-2007, 8:27 PM
Was it very front heavy?

i havent shot it yet, but i shot a ruger mark III hunter and that was very nice, not heavy at all. very stable. and from the weight of this gun off of my hands, i can say it's stable as well.

AJD
03-06-2007, 8:33 PM
Congrats on your new gun. You got one heck of deal on it. I love my MarkII. I've been thinking about adding the Volquartsen kit to my gun.

Like Classical buff said, that Wolf ammo is actually very good 22lr ammo. It's much better than most of the economy stuff you get in the 500 round cartons. Speaking of ammo, the only 22LR stuff you really should stay away from are the Remington Thunderbolts. I had horrible leading with that ammo and after doing some research I've found it's quite common with the Thunderbolts. The 550 round Federal bulk packs that sell for 9.97 are pretty decent for bulk ammo.

As far as lubing it, the only place I ever really put oil is on the bolt.

ns3v3n
03-06-2007, 8:41 PM
oh thanks AJD, yeah the trigger is very crisp on this gun. i was looking at accessories for this gun and i cant believe the bolt racker is like 40 bucks! lol, it's pretty useless i think, i rather put some grips on there, you got any grips on there? i saw a couple of varieties, VQ, Hogue. wonder which one is good...

AJD
03-06-2007, 8:52 PM
I just put the Hogue grips with the finger grooves on and it fits like a glove now. Much better IMO than the stock plastic grip panels. As far as the other grips I don't have any experience with them so I can't comment on them.

ns3v3n
03-06-2007, 8:54 PM
I just put the Hogue grips with the finger grooves on and it fits like a glove now. Much better IMO than the stock plastic grip panels. As far as the other grips I don't have any experience with them so I can't comment on them.

got a pic of it? are the hogue grips kind soft and comfortable?

bigkahuna
03-06-2007, 9:09 PM
Great Deal!!

I've had years of fun with mine...it's built like a tank. It's also the first gun that my daughter ever shot. very accurate..she can hit a hanging tennis ball at 17 yards out (that's the limit in the indoor range).

AJD
03-06-2007, 9:58 PM

Sorry, I don't have any pics right now. Yeah, they're very comfortable. IMO, they make the gun feel like an extension of your hand. The rubber is soft, but not too soft. I could shoot the gun all day and not get tired.

03-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Congrats on getting such a good deal. I have a Mark III. You will not be disappointed. They are VERY accurate pistols and pure joy to shoot.

Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck
03-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Purty! I do want to see pics with the hogue grips though. :D

virulosity
03-07-2007, 1:40 PM
Am I the only one that is annoyed with the mags for this gun? I have a mark I which has 9 round mags. I get pissed after the second reload.

Cpl_Peters
03-07-2007, 1:43 PM
i think my favorite gun is my MKII, just so much fun to shoot.

ns3v3n
03-07-2007, 1:51 PM
Am I the only one that is annoyed with the mags for this gun? I have a mark I which has 9 round mags. I get pissed after the second reload.

well is not like we are allow to have hi caps anyways. so 10 is good for me,

CWM4A1
03-07-2007, 3:25 PM
There is a mag loader made for MK II, real thumb saver. The loader will push the follower down and lock onto the bottom of the mag, then you just start dropping your rounds in. Also, getting a few more mags will be a good idea so you can continue to shoot w/o much of reload interruption. I have 5 mags for my MK II and can finish entire box (550rds) of Wally World Federal value pack in one session :D

ns3v3n
03-07-2007, 4:45 PM
yeah i have one, real gadget, there's another gadget out there where you pour 50 rounds in this box and shake it around until it's organized, then you can stick the magazine in the other end and it loads it automatically. but it's 30 bucks. hehe.

http://www.hornetproducts.com/ViewProduct.asp?ModelNumber=UCL

here's the link .

Spent Shell
03-08-2007, 3:09 AM

Here's a pic of my Mark II with the Hogue grip installed. If I remember correct you can get it with or without the thumbrest, I got mine with a riht hand thumbrest (sucks for lefty shooters!) I bought my Mark II loving the gun but knowing I was going to have to do somthing about the grips, these make it just perfect. Yeah, the're soft compared to plastic, but no to soft.

http://desertdave.smugmug.com/photos/82551044-M.jpg

Did anyone mention yet that you got a good deal?:D You stole that thing.

ns3v3n
03-08-2007, 8:54 AM
Here's a pic of my Mark II with the Hogue grip installed. If I remember correct you can get it with or without the thumbrest, I got mine with a riht hand thumbrest (sucks for lefty shooters!) I bought my Mark II loving the gun but knowing I was going to have to do somthing about the grips, these make it just perfect. Yeah, the're soft compared to plastic, but no to soft.

http://desertdave.smugmug.com/photos/82551044-M.jpg

Did anyone mention yet that you got a good deal?:D You stole that thing.

hehe damn straight!! i'll do it again if i have to. or a second gun. hehe. nice grips. i think i'll either get that one or without the thumb rest.