PDA

View Full Version : does turners price match?

glenntuc
12-15-2011, 3:17 PM
do you price match riflegear has lmt 308 2599.00 yours 2790??
i buy most of my guns from you guys but the differance is a little to much:(, they our out of stock but will have next week

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-16-2011, 9:07 AM
do you price match riflegear has lmt 308 2599.00 yours 2790??
i buy most of my guns from you guys but the differance is a little to much:(, they our out of stock but will have next week

PM Sent.

Speedpower
12-16-2011, 9:11 AM
How about DROS? RifleGear does not charge an extra $5.00 fee just straight $25.00.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-16-2011, 10:27 AM
How about DROS? RifleGear does not charge an extra $5.00 fee just straight $25.00.

As we've mentioned before, we have some changes coming up for CGN contributing members in the coming year with regards to that.

glenntuc
12-16-2011, 2:09 PM
big thumps up for turners they took care of me;) i drive a little more to go corona store very helpfull

akcooper9
12-21-2011, 11:42 PM
As we've mentioned before, we have some changes coming up for CGN contributing members in the coming year with regards to that.

Hopefully it happens because I just did a gun buy for the first time with Turners and until the fee goes away, it will be the last.

Add 5 bucks to the gun but dont nickle and dime me with a 'fee'...you arent the government or CA.

DangerousGoods
12-22-2011, 8:06 PM
Hopefully it happens because I just did a gun buy for the first time with Turners and until the fee goes away, it will be the last.

Add 5 bucks to the gun but dont nickle and dime me with a 'fee'...you arent the government or CA.

Well if you are buying long guns get 2, 3 or 4 at once. Dros all for 30.00. Hand guns must be on a separate dros. I love 22s rifles have have saved some good money buying several at a time.

Joe Register
12-22-2011, 10:21 PM
So..does Turners price match?

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-23-2011, 1:47 PM

We will try to match prices whenever we can. We do not price match online folks or folks out of our market area or folks that are "out of stock" on the item. And we do not match closeouts or discontinued items.

That leaves quite a bit, though, that we are open-minded about taking a look at.

So whenever the opportunity comes up, contact the Turner's where you'd like to make the purchase and run the details past the store manager. They can make the call on their own or contact their supervisor or a buyer and see what we can do. Doing it via PM or a thread slows things down for you, so always contact the store first, unless there is a issue in doing so, in which case we can assist.

hbroadie
12-25-2011, 3:39 PM

I tried asking the store manager at Turner's for a price match on a firearm. Price difference was $50 on a $800 handgun and his response was, "I would be selling it to you for cheaper than what we paid the handgun for".

Less than $50 revenue margin on a $800 handgun? After buying 3 handguns and 2 shotguns from Turner's, I ended up purchasing my first firearm from a store other than Turner's.

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I tried asking the store manager at Turner's for a price match on a firearm. Price difference was $50 on a $800 handgun and his response was, "I would be selling it to you for cheaper than what we paid the handgun for".

Less than $50 revenue margin on a $800 handgun? After buying 3 handguns and 2 shotguns from Turner's, I ended up purchasing my first firearm from a store other than Turner's.

PM us with the details on that one; it doesn't make sense but get us the info and we'll PM you back.

gimme
01-15-2012, 12:43 PM
We will try to match prices whenever we can. We do not price match online folks or folks out of our market area or folks that are "out of stock" on the item.

sorry to bring this post back up.

but to clarify, what do you consider "out of our market area"?

Also the online thing. If I can walk into the store and purchase the fire arm they have listed on their site for the advertised price, would this be a price match made by Turners?

If you need to pm me, please do so as there is a pistol I want, and a Turners a mile from me. But I will drive for this deal because it's local, just not 1 mile local LOL.

h0use
01-15-2012, 2:34 PM

Also the online thing. If I can walk into the store and purchase the fire arm they have listed on their site for the advertised price, would this be a price match made by Turners?

If you need to pm me, please do so as there is a pistol I want, and a Turners a mile from me. But I will drive for this deal because it's local, just not 1 mile local LOL.

out of state gun shops?

gimme
01-15-2012, 2:38 PM
I'm actually asking for their interpretation of it, not what you or I do. Some places would say san jose would be out of market, some wouldn't.

Thanks though.

TapTalk....bleh!

out of state gun shops?

kauaibuilt
01-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Didnt want to start a new thread and since this one already exists....

PMd Turners on the 13th re: price matching and never heard back. Was wondering if it was doable... Thanks!

gimme
01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
PMd Turners on the 13th re: price matching and never heard back. Was wondering if it was doable... Thanks!

this is the same service I get at the local stores, now here "/

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 10:49 AM

Our market area would mean So Cal.
Generally, "online" means that we won't match out of state folks.

But keep in mind that we may not match extremely low local prices even if they are available in store or online.

We will make every effort to match competitor pricing but there are some hot deals out there (or fire sales ...) that we can't touch- just the same way that folks won't always match ours.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Didnt want to start a new thread and since this one already exists....

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
01-20-2012, 10:52 AM
this is the same service I get at the local stores, now here "/

As most of you know, you sometimes get some crazy, fast response from us... sorry but it's been a bit crazy this week...

gimme
01-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Thank you for that answer. Unfortunately i already made my purchase elsewhere, but will check back on pricing for my next.

Our market area would mean So Cal.
Generally, "online" means that we won't match out of state folks.

But keep in mind that we may not match extremely low local prices even if they are available in store or online.

We will make every effort to match competitor pricing but there are some hot deals out there (or fire sales ...) that we can't touch- just the same way that folks won't always match ours.

TriumphAndrew
03-06-2012, 10:04 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I went in to look at a M&P 45 and it was 50 dollars more than the everyday price at a LGS. I was told turners (kearney mesa) doesn't price match because their sales are so good, which I agree with, but I don't really want to wait due to the fact that I have made a majority of purchases there and dealing with turners is convenient. I hate to go elsewhere, but these days I need my money to go as far as possible.

G22SM
03-31-2012, 9:05 AM
We will try to match prices whenever we can. We do not price match online folks or folks out of our market area or folks that are "out of stock" on the item. And we do not match closeouts or discontinued items.

That leaves quite a bit, though, that we are open-minded about taking a look at.

So whenever the opportunity comes up, contact the Turner's where you'd like to make the purchase and run the details past the store manager. They can make the call on their own or contact their supervisor or a buyer and see what we can do. Doing it via PM or a thread slows things down for you, so always contact the store first, unless there is a issue in doing so, in which case we can assist.

A few months back- when I asked if Turner's Price Matched at my local Torrance location, the response I got back was a flat out NO. The employee said Turner's has the lowest prices and if not then go buy from the other store. I felt this was a honest answer- maybe a bit rude- but I accepted it and didn't questions any further. I don't think he was a manager. I wanted a Remington 870, which wasn't on sale, but Bass Pro shop - in RanchoCuc was selling them $100 less of Turner's regular price.

So I ended up following the Turner's employees advice and bought from Bass Pro: 870 and Beretta 92FS- both at incredibly low prices!

Now I'm not hating on Turner's and I have recently purchased a Ruger rifle from Torrance location, just a few weeks ago. That store was super busy, many gun buyers, not slow on business

Just sharing my experience on price matching at tuner's.

So here is my question:
Will Turner's sell at their sale price to a repeat customer, when a item is not on sale, if asked?

Seems silly, because we (frequent gun buyers) ALL follow Turner's ad and know what the sale prices are- as there aren't that many firearms for sale in CA
Why make ME WAIT until it goes on sale again in a month or so?

Make me a happy customer!

It doesn't seem to make much difference to Turner's bottom line, as a cheapass gunbuyer, I will WAIT till the sale price. (Which means Turner's will have to WAIT to get my money) :p

Or worst- loose the sale to another store or the gun buyer looses interest in buying.:eek:
(the latter has happened to many 1st time gun buyers as they wait for turner's ad to go on sale- then decide later not to buy at all)

TheHammerOfTruth
03-31-2012, 10:33 PM
As a business manager, I would never match a price for something that a competitor did not even have in stock. Who knows what the price will be when it comes back in stock.

jkcerda
04-16-2012, 9:51 AM
PM sent.

sent you a PM regarding price matching.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 3:27 PM
sent you a PM regarding price matching.

PM sent.