View Full Version : kimber custom II vs Springfield Loaded

03-06-2007, 2:03 PM
anyone have experience with these modles? both seem to be priced in about the same, but i cant find really comprehensive reviews of ither one. i wanted to figure out which ones are konwn for better accuracy, reliability, and if they any history of problems. i konw the stories about lemon kimbers, but never heard a word about springfield. any thoughts.

03-06-2007, 2:08 PM
I have the Springfield Loaded 1911 in 9mm. Don't have the Kimber Custom II but have the Kimber Pro Carry II. I like both guns. Both are fine 1911s, are accurate, have a nice crisp trigger. However, it's just me probably, but both my slides are too sticky. My Springfield wasn't locking open after emptying the mag at one point, but I seem to resolve the problem with more regular cleaning (I know, you're supposed to clean after each shooting anyway).

I bought both from gunbroker, supposedly only slightly used, so you never know. The slide issues are probably something else besides the make.

03-06-2007, 2:21 PM
I have both the Springfield 1911A1 and the Kimber Target II ( and the Raptor and the Tactical II..... ) anyway, both are great .45 shooters.
I lean more to the Kimber due to the tighter tolerances in their product, not that Springfield is short by any means... I just like the Kimber better.

03-06-2007, 2:24 PM
I have a Kimber Custom TLE II since last October at around 500 round counts.
In the first 50 rounds, it had two incidents where the slide locked back with one round in the mag, but havenít happened since. The trigger also had a small creep (some says that it will disappear if you keep firing it), but it is accurate enough for me to shoot within the black on standard 25-yard target at 50 feet, offhand.

No experience with SA Loaded, but from what I have heard around here and other forums, you really canít go wrong with either pistol.

03-06-2007, 6:16 PM
Do you want a ford or a chevy?

Seriously, you are comparing two guns that are really only going to have opinion of the manufacturer as the difference. I like springers and that's what I shoot, I know other people who like kimbers and that's what they shoot. At this point it is a "To MAY to-To MAH to" situation.

03-06-2007, 6:41 PM
I love my custom II. Very tight fit and finish, good accuracy, and no malfunctions in 3K rounds ( I clean my weapon after each use).

I went with the kimber because thats what my local shop had. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

03-06-2007, 6:55 PM
thanks for the info, they call me a maxamalist. meaning i find the best two options, then attempt to find the best of the two. for my purposes a 1911 seems to be perfect, and in my price range im just trying to get the people opinion. some of those review sights seem bias when you consider that the brand sponsors the websight

03-07-2007, 3:16 PM
I have owned both and liked the Kimber better. I think I sold the kimber and still have the springfield for some reason... I probably need to figure out which safe the Springfield is in and sell it too...

03-07-2007, 3:18 PM
I went with the springfield cause hey its a freaking springfield!