http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95d_1323928078

goodlookin1
12-15-2011, 11:03 AM
In other news, water is wet.

:D

If only he had a piston operated rifle :p

starsnuffer
12-15-2011, 11:33 AM
There's a lot more broken in that video besides the weapon.

-W

badlandsbutch
12-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Amazing that a camera is there. Why?

Chuntsman949
12-15-2011, 12:03 PM
looks like that dude has no idea WTF is happening

FatalKitty
12-15-2011, 5:20 PM
All i see is a dude riding the charging handle forward, using the same malfunctioning magazine over and over expecting the fairy godmother to come down and make it work suddenly... and firing like a ****in retard while screamin "get some!"

Brown Rock
12-15-2011, 5:43 PM
AK's don't jam :hide:

ZombieTactics
12-15-2011, 5:51 PM
All i see is a dude riding the charging handle forward, using the same malfunctioning magazine over and over expecting the fairy godmother to come down and make it work suddenly... and firing like a ****in retard while screamin "get some!"

I found myself saying "don't ride the charging handle you retard!", and wondering whether that lack of basic proficiency extended to his general understanding of the weapon system itself. It causes me to suspect that he probably never cleans or lubes the danged thing, because it doesn't appear that he knows how to operate it in the first place.

akjunkie
12-15-2011, 5:52 PM

Looks like he has several loaded magazines at his disposal.
Weapons probably dry and dirty.

stix213
12-15-2011, 6:11 PM
We don't know the maintenance history of the firearm, or his cleaning/lubing of it either.

I don't see how riding the charging handle would be causing his jams though. Any charging handle riding issues would be cleared up when the 2nd round is chambered. Though it does point to a lack of general understanding about the firearm, which could mean a lot of things.

FatalKitty
12-15-2011, 6:17 PM
Looks like he has several loaded magazines at his disposal.
Weapons probably dry and dirty.

I thought this too, until I saw home pull the mag out, and them repeatedly try to put the SAME mag back in, when it was obvious the magazine was the issue - you can see when he racks it that no cartridges come out... so obvious feeding issue and not related to the firearm.

the funny thing is that the title is misleading... I didn't see a SINGLE "jam" in that video. I saw a bunch of failure to feeds and that was it. so therefore.. magazine issue and possibly lubrication issue not allowed the bolt to come all the way back on the first 2 of FTFs - you can tell this because the bolt doesn't lock back when the first magazine is empty (if it was indeed empty, you can see him look at it and then throw it... so we know something was wrong with that magazine, either empty or the rounds were in there all cattywompus)

DemocracyEnaction
12-15-2011, 6:23 PM
I will remember this the next time I think I'm having a bad day at work.

dieselpower
12-15-2011, 7:52 PM
my god what was he thinking? he is causing his own problems and poking his head up like that is half way through the vid isn't smart either.

I am glad he was not fighting trained troops, that camera would have captured his death.

Merc1138
12-15-2011, 7:55 PM

Looked like different mags to me.

NorCalK9.com
12-15-2011, 8:30 PM
2 things that so called "retard" is fighting for you dumb@ss's! And he was using differebt mags.
3 bet he wished he had an AK rite then!

LovingTheYear1911
12-15-2011, 9:08 PM
If he had an AK he would of missed. ;)

I'm also wondering why there is a camera. Maybe its during a training session.

NewbieDave
12-15-2011, 9:54 PM
What's the dude doing in the middle of combat without a k-pot on his head and his loadout on his rig... or what seem to be a lack of anything on his rig. Why doesn't he have his IBA on. Laying out your load on the ground for a firefight is not how they train airborne.

Too many things not right in the video...

dpc

bighead
12-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Lol at being so pathetically loyal to an idea that it causes you to armchair quarterback a US soldier in a firefight.The dudes rifle stopped working, use whatever adjective makes you feel better to describe it but the point is it stopped working.For those who've been in a firefight I can't possibly fathom the stress level and I give you all the respect in the world.For those who haven't, please, stfu.

Code7inOaktown
12-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Is this actually real?

Heretodaygonetomorrow
12-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Looks like a fake film from a wantabee.

I'm just saying that his appearance is not what I would expect from someone who is really in the sandbox.

#1 His gear, uniform and skin are too clean.

#2 Do they iron their uniforms in the sandbox?

#3 Where's his tan?

#4 Not to mention is weapon. Count how many rounds fired between magazine changes, and watch the magazine well when he pops the magazine for a change. Appears that the bolt is locked back most of the time.

vikingm03
12-16-2011, 7:30 AM
IMO and from what i have experienced (which is the only thing i believe) the ar-15 family of rifles is an incredibly reliable platform. Haters gunna hate, and hopefully sell their ar-15's for me to buy cheap :cool2:

vikingm03
12-16-2011, 7:30 AM
IMO and from what i have experienced (which is the only thing i believe) the ar-15 family of rifles is an incredibly reliable platform. Haters gunna hate, and hopefully sell their ar-15's for me to buy cheap :cool2:

pacrimguru
12-16-2011, 8:04 AM
i wonder if it was a popped primer causing his problems.

FatalKitty
12-16-2011, 9:08 AM
2 things that so called "retard" is fighting for you dumb@ss's!
WRONG! if you believe that you're a sheep

And he was using differebt mags.
a couple times, maybe. but if so.. he's an idiot for dropping his spent/malfunctioning mags into the same pile

never once in tour did I ever wish I had an AK, and I was a SAW gunner

bold

NorCalK9.com
12-16-2011, 9:43 AM
bold

Wanna bet on the ak thing? Over 30 current clients have served or are currentle serving in the sand and over half hate AR's in extreme shooting situations... And said they'd much more prefer an AK style weapon in those situations, only about 5or6 of them love their AR's over there, and these are all marines that were in the sh@t.
This video makes me think of that pot head regae singer " wish you was jammin too" lol
And whether you like what I say or not, if you served than you!

FatalKitty
12-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Wanna bet on the ak thing? Over 30 current clients have served or are currentle serving in the sand and over half hate AR's in extreme shooting situations... And said they'd much more prefer an AK style weapon in those situations, only about 5or6 of them love their AR's over there, and these are all marines that were in the sh@t.
This video makes me think of that pot head regae singer " wish you was jammin too" lol
And whether you like what I say or not, if you served than you!

if I had my pick of weapons - neither an AR or an AK would not be my first choice - I'm sure you're well aware that we all know how much you prefer the AK platform. I, on the other hand, recognize the merits of both designs and having "been in the ****" wouldn't mind having the A2 AND a folder AK on me - would have loved a polish folder for kickin in doors - but I wouldn't want one for trying to look through an acog at hajis over 400meters away

dieselpower
12-16-2011, 4:16 PM
if I had my pick of weapons - neither an AR or an AK would not be my first choice - I'm sure you're well aware that we all know how much you prefer the AK platform. I, on the other hand, recognize the merits of both designs and having "been in the ****" wouldn't mind having the A2 AND a folder AK on me - would have loved a polish folder for kickin in doors - but I wouldn't want one for trying to look through an acog at hajis over 400meters away

agreed. I loved my A2...my A1 on the other hand...:cool:

rero360
12-16-2011, 4:35 PM
Shoot, I must have the magic touch, over the last 11 years, tens if not hundreds of thousands of rounds fired, both civilian and military, the only malfunctions I've had were the result of blanks, and two jacked up rounds that wouldn't chamber.

I've had M2s jam, another units and their maintenance was non existent, tons with the M249, including the loss of a feed-pawl spring, and if I remember correctly one jam with the M240B, although I've only had a few hundred, maybe as many as 2k rounds through them.

SIGSHOOTR
12-16-2011, 4:38 PM
What's the dude doing in the middle of combat without a k-pot on his head and his loadout on his rig... or what seem to be a lack of anything on his rig. Why doesn't he have his IBA on. Laying out your load on the ground for a firefight is not how they train airborne.

Too many things not right in the video...

dpc

+1. This all looks suspect IMO. And he happened to have a camera set up and pointed right at him-- and he's perfectly framed in the shot? It looks a bit staged from my experience. I wouldn't put too much on his weapon manipulation skills based on his supposed affiliation with the 101. He could be a pogue. IF this video is genuine, there could be a myriad of reasons why his weapon is malfunctioning-- including operator error.

repubconserv
12-16-2011, 4:43 PM
+1. This all looks suspect IMO. And he happened to have a camera set up and pointed right at him-- and he's perfectly framed in the shot? It looks a bit staged from my experience. I wouldn't put too much on his weapon manipulation skills based on his supposed affiliation with the 101. He could be a POG. IF this video is genuine, there could be a myriad of reasons why his weapon is malfunctioning-- including operator error.

When his weapon was working, he was sporadically ducking/covering his head. When his weapon was malfunctioning towards the end he was sitting up straight (head in the line of fire)

Admittedly I have never been in a firefight, and obviously have never had my gun jam in one. But If bullets were flying by my head one second, then the next second my gun was jamming, I would get my head down until my gun was working again.... just saying....Something does not seem right....

FatalKitty
12-16-2011, 4:57 PM
I am not doubting the validity of this video - I have seen some pretty stupid stuff.
Yes it's a stressful environment... but that's why you TRAIN for hours upon hours upon hours to learn this stuff so that it actually comes before breathing. Either this guy is somewhere he shouldn't be (POG somehow getting in the middle of the ****) or he's just an idiot

A lot of guys set cameras up when they know they're gonna be in a firefight.

just the way he jumps around and freaks out and keeps fumbling with his stuff... at the VERY LEAST I would say this is his first time ever seeing combat (probably never even played airsoft) and he is scared and in way over his head. I can relate to the feeling of fear and "oh **** **** **** ****" but really... all he had to do was take a breath and slow down, from what I heard in the video - there was plenty of fire going on and he didn't even need to be there

That's me "monday morning quarter backing" but really... that's why we watch these videos - you can learn something by just looking and dissecting his actions

MrPlink
12-16-2011, 4:58 PM
has anybody noticed the username of the poster?
"Hitler_Is_Amazing"
hmmm

capitol
12-16-2011, 5:01 PM
is that airsoft?

SIGSHOOTR
12-16-2011, 8:43 PM
has anybody noticed the username of the poster?
"Hitler_Is_Amazing"
hmmm

LMFAO.

Colt-45
12-16-2011, 11:01 PM

If he had an AK he would of missed. ;)

There's your answer.

m03
12-16-2011, 11:15 PM
+1. This all looks suspect IMO. And he happened to have a camera set up and pointed right at him-- and he's perfectly framed in the shot?

That tends to happen when you set up a camera to point directly at you in a confined space. In other words, looks fine to me.

themailman
12-17-2011, 12:16 AM
OMG, if anyone thinks that video is real, I'll just be shocked.

glock7
12-17-2011, 6:59 AM
Looks like a fake film from a wantabee.

I'm just saying that his appearance is not what I would expect from someone who is really in the sandbox.

#1 His gear, uniform and skin are too clean.

#2 Do they iron their uniforms in the sandbox?

#3 Where's his tan?

#4 Not to mention is weapon. Count how many rounds fired between magazine changes, and watch the magazine well when he pops the magazine for a change. Appears that the bolt is locked back most of the time.

^all of the above. and he is videotaping himself, in the middle of a firefight? hmmm....

NorCalK9.com
12-17-2011, 8:37 AM
There's your answer.

2 things
1... Ak47 isnt as inaccurate as you may think, ak74 has some very nice accuracy..
2. I truly do recognize the merite of the AR15, accuracy, modularity, light ammo, and light rifle. I appreciate the ar15 for what it is, what I dont understand is why hk's havnt been bought and issued to ALL our troops.
You guys get mad when anything AK is brought up in these type of threads but both rifles have their strengths and drawbacks.

m03
12-17-2011, 9:09 AM
^all of the above. and he is videotaping himself, in the middle of a firefight? hmmm....

KdcNWW7sFyk

2_1z80t9CPM

ZFNMiO18jYw

There seem to be plenty of videos like this on YouTube. Just saying.

Sturnovik
12-17-2011, 9:15 AM
I thought this too, until I saw home pull the mag out, and them repeatedly try to put the SAME mag back in, when it was obvious the magazine was the issue - you can see when he racks it that no cartridges come out... so obvious feeding issue and not related to the firearm.

the funny thing is that the title is misleading... I didn't see a SINGLE "jam" in that video. I saw a bunch of failure to feeds and that was it. so therefore.. magazine issue and possibly lubrication issue not allowed the bolt to come all the way back on the first 2 of FTFs - you can tell this because the bolt doesn't lock back when the first magazine is empty (if it was indeed empty, you can see him look at it and then throw it... so we know something was wrong with that magazine, either empty or the rounds were in there all cattywompus)

True, I thought it was weird that at times he wouldn't just do the whole SPORTS drill. Am I missing something or do they teach things differently now? At times he looked like he barely slapped in the mag, I learned once a long time ago unless I like double feeds, seat that damn mag! :D

chicoredneck
12-17-2011, 9:19 AM
I don't see anything that screams fake. The guy had either a bad mag in the mix (he shoots through a few mags without a problem) or a part of the weapon was malfunctioning. All guns can jam. AKs jam too. There are plenty of videos on the net of them jamming. None of us were there or have seen the gun so all we can do is speculate.

glock7
12-17-2011, 1:30 PM
Ahh yes this generation does vide all of the time. I must be getting Old. I would be worried about staying alive. The only time I vid myself is during training.

NiteQwill
12-17-2011, 1:50 PM
To those doubting the authenticity...

Remember, judging by the uniform (Afghanistan) most fixed firefights occur at forward COPS/COB.

That means most of the time a firefight occurs when you are most likely shaving, pissing, pooing, or sleeping (Murphy's Law).

That means shooting in your PT shorts, tan t-shirt, watch cap/beanie cap/etc., one sock on your foot and maybe your flip-flops or boots (if you're lucky).

When people start shooting or mortars start landing, a lot of crap gets kicked everywhere... that means equipment (ACH/K-pot, magazines, your brand new PS3 you just had delivered days ago to pass time).

This video could have easily been shot AFTER the initial shots went off, who knows.

Those who have been there know what I'm talking about...

(let the armchair quarterbacking resume...)

luchador768
12-17-2011, 2:14 PM
It seems like he puts an empty mag in a few times because the bolt doesn't release when he pulls it back. It seems to function fine when there is a live round in the chamber. I cold see how it would be easy to pick up an empty and expect the gun to go boom in that situation. I've never been in combat so I'm just guessing.

bighead
12-17-2011, 3:11 PM
So the video is a fake?LOL.I think the Russians made this video to trick Americans into buying AK's.

Donk310
12-17-2011, 3:29 PM
He appears to be wearing Marine Corps colors, but obviously not a Marine due to the lack of knowledge and maintenance on his weapon. I'm calling FAKE on this one.

Cali-Shooter
12-17-2011, 3:31 PM
This is why I hate AR carbines. I don't trust the gas system on a shortened AR than a full size version's.

FatalKitty
12-17-2011, 3:55 PM
He appears to be wearing Marine Corps colors, but obviously not a Marine due to the lack of knowledge and maintenance on his weapon. I'm calling FAKE on this one.

since when do Marines wear multicam? or use M4s? or roll their sleeves like a soldier?

All I can say is... he doesn't know how to clear a malfunction - so it's safe to assume he also doesn't know how to maintain his weapon.