PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Security Group

sdearnest1981
12-14-2011, 9:05 PM
Has anyone used them for tactical carbine classes? Thoughts?

Seeker
12-15-2011, 5:17 AM
They will be hosting a class for Chris Costa this January. Assuming you're talking about the one in Corona, California. I think this counts for thoughts...:p

erik18
12-15-2011, 7:04 AM
Do a search. There are plenty of threads on them.

Best training I've ever taken and I've been to a lot.

gschoelles
12-15-2011, 7:38 AM
They will be hosting a class for Chris Costa this January. Assuming you're talking about the one in Corona, California. I think this counts for thoughts...:p

I've watched them a few times and have a dim view of their program, but each to their own.

They use a public open area at Raahauges and you'd be able to watch them in action and decide for yourself.

xibunkrlilkidsx
12-15-2011, 7:55 AM
pistol course was fantastic. want to go back and take it again soon. but funds do not allow it.

The Virus
12-15-2011, 10:29 AM
I've watched them a few times and have a dim view of their program, but each to their own.

In what regard?

Martin_B
12-15-2011, 11:21 AM
I've taken a pistol/carbine refresher class with them and have to say the training was great. I'm taking a tac pistol class with them this Saturday, so the fact that I'm coming back and spending more money on their training regiment speaks for itself.

HK35
12-15-2011, 2:16 PM
Has anyone used them for tactical carbine classes? Thoughts?
I've taken classes from various training organizations and all I can say is you get more than what you pay for with them, i.e., more bang for your buck - no pun intended. Great group of instructors who can actually teach.

sdearnest1981
12-15-2011, 5:09 PM
Thanks everyone, I will be registering within the week.

HighLander51
12-15-2011, 5:43 PM

They use a public open area at Raahauges and you'd be able to watch them in action and decide for yourself.

Ditto, waiving guns around up range, that kind of thing...

The Virus
12-15-2011, 9:50 PM

Funny, I've been to multiple courses there and NEVER have I seen anyone do anything close to that..safety is paramount at Falcon

ramzar
12-16-2011, 9:35 PM
I've taken the Falcon Operations Group (formerly Falcon Security Group) Carbine I & II classes several times since July 2011. Highly recommended for instruction, attention to detail, safety and bang for the buck!

To have a dim view with cause would be worthy of attention.

Great idea. You should check them out tomorrow since it'll be their last class for at least a month.

Students may be facing up range but the muzzle is always pointed in a safe direction.

HighLander51 may be recalling his response to a photo from the Tactical Pistol II class in April 2011 when he said:

Third pic down, second post, gun is pointed straight up, not cool. Pop one over the berm in a sanctioned match, and you go home to think about it. Keep the gun closer to you and only turn it slightly.

These classes are tactical classes and as such you get to use various ready positions and muzzle directions.

Safety Rule #2 is all about muzzle discipline. Bottom line, don't point the muzzle of your firearms at anything you're not willing to destroy.