PDA

View Full Version : Browning Buckmark Camper

MetalDoc
12-13-2011, 6:41 PM
I rarely see Browning Buckmark Camper's at my local Turners (Redondo). Do these seem to come in and out of stock rather frequently? I recall reading a post sometime back that says all the Buckmark's were manufactured during Q1, but not sure if that is really the case...

Any idea when they are going to be on sale again? :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-14-2011, 7:54 AM
I rarely see Browning Buckmark Camper's at my local Turners (Redondo). Do these seem to come in and out of stock rather frequently? I recall reading a post sometime back that says all the Buckmark's were manufactured during Q1, but not sure if that is really the case...

Any idea when they are going to be on sale again? :)

Browning seems to have had a few issues this year with respect to pistols. Earlier in the year, they had most of the Buckmark pistols fall off of the DOJ list, and then they have been slow to ship for most of the year.

We think we have that solved but we won't run an ad until we have enough in stock. So we have no specific date but we should be able to do so in the short-term.

MetalDoc
12-14-2011, 7:04 PM
Browning seems to have had a few issues this year with respect to pistols. Earlier in the year, they had most of the Buckmark pistols fall off of the DOJ list, and then they have been slow to ship for most of the year.

We think we have that solved but we won't run an ad until we have enough in stock. So we have no specific date but we should be able to do so in the short-term.

I just looked up the DOJ List... and yeah, I am surprised to see basically all of the Browning Buckmark's removed. Out of curiosity, why does this happen? and how do they return pistol's to your shelves after being taken off the DOJ list?

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it (and look forward to my Camper!)

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-15-2011, 10:59 AM
I just looked up the DOJ List... and yeah, I am surprised to see basically all of the Browning Buckmark's removed. Out of curiosity, why does this happen? and how do they return pistol's to your shelves after being taken off the DOJ list?

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it (and look forward to my Camper!)

As you know in order for them to be listed, Browning must submit pistols to DOJ-approved testing facilities. Browning must also pay fees for the testing and for the listing, in addition to supplying a few pistols for testing and archival(?) purposes. The whole process is not inexpensive to say the least.

In order to stay on the list Browning must pay an annual fee or the pistols will be removed from the list. Obviously, these pistols are no less safe without this annual fee but unfortunately that's the way it works ....:confused:

We haven't been told directly if this was the result of an oversight by Browning, but once the fees were paid, a fair number of Browning pistols were reinstated onto the list, whereas if Browning had discontinued them, they would have remained off of the list.