PDA

View Full Version : lower with window?

toolman9000
03-05-2007, 8:17 PM
http://www.gunsmokeenterprises.net/Multi%20Purpose%20Lower.JPG

I have never seen a lower like this, will this perform like a normal lower - same life span?

Thanks,
toolman9000

C.G.
03-05-2007, 8:30 PM
Haven't seen one like that either. Don't see that it would shorten the life span any.

Socal858
03-05-2007, 8:34 PM
i dont see how it would function any different. would be pretty cool with some see through mags or something

blkA4alb
03-05-2007, 8:37 PM
If I'm not mistaken those are made by Lauer, I want one :D .

Prc329
03-05-2007, 8:40 PM
They are LAR lowers. I have one and it functions just like any other lower I own. I have a smoke polymer mag in it now and it looks pretty cool if you ask me. As for life, I see no reason why not. It is only "weak" in that area not any area that will see any kind of real abuse, like where the hammer hits or where the take down pins go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/naytwan/IMG_0696.jpg

45user
03-05-2007, 8:47 PM
Prc329,
What's the spec on your upper? It looks very nice...What scope do you have on?
That lower looks nice also...I am currently working on a new SPRish upper.
Thanks,

SemiAutoSam
03-05-2007, 8:50 PM
Did anyone not notice that the areas that are milled out are the areas where the roll stamps should be ?

Maybe the company that has their markings on these have milled them out to remove the roll stamp markings of the company that actually made them ?

http://www.gunsmokeenterprises.net/Multi%20Purpose%20Lower.JPG

Here is another while not the best example it gives you the idea.
http://www.gunsmokeenterprises.net/100_0279.JPG

Think of what other company that makes lowers puts their information in the areas where this receiver has milled out sections.

Colt comes to mind.

Another question that comes to mind is this legal to do that is if the original mfg and serial # were cut away. They would not need to machine in the area of the hammer pin if they just wanted to do as is quoted at their website.

"LIMITED RUN WINDOW CUT LOWER RECEIVER DESIGNED TO SHOW CALIBER LASER ENGRAVING ON THE MAG THROUGH THE WINDOW."

Prc329
03-05-2007, 8:55 PM
I built the upper myself. It is a CMT/Stag upper reciever, RRA 1-8 stainless barrel with mid length gas system, vltor gas block, YHM Specter length forearm, Spike's Tactical fake suppressor, YHM Riser, Leupold rings,and magpul xt rail covers. The scope is trash. Its a baraska I got cheap on ar15.com. It works great at 3-6x but from 7-9x the image gets blurry.

The rest of the rifle consist of magpul maid, magpul prs, bullet-button, polymer mag (forget the maker), LAR lower, stag lpk, shooters ridge bipod and yhm bipod adapter.

Prc329
03-05-2007, 8:57 PM
Did anyone not notice that the areas that are milled out are the areas where the roll stamps should be ?

Maybe the company that has their markings on these have milled them out to remove the roll stamp markings of the company that actually made them ?

Here is another while not the best example it gives you the idea.

Think of what other company that makes lowers puts their information in the areas where this receiver has milled out sections.

Colt comes to mind.

Speculation has been that LAR made them for another company that failed to follow threw with the order so they just cut out the markings and sold them as window lowers. That is just speculation though.

Mag_Rat
03-05-2007, 9:26 PM
I seen it before like 3 times out at the range and I see them all the time i go to ammo brothers.

Sydwaiz
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Too bad it's not milled out on both sides. Then I would really want one. A nice clean skelotonized lower would be cool but not like that Oly pistol lower with all the holes drilled in it.

So what's ammobros asking for these?

SemiAutoSam
03-05-2007, 11:04 PM
The pic I saw didn't come from ammo bros it came from but the place I saw them at advertised them at 85.00

Too bad it's not milled out on both sides. Then I would really want one. A nice clean skeletonized lower would be cool but not like that Oly pistol lower with all the holes drilled in it.

ldivinag
03-05-2007, 11:23 PM
thems those race guns... you need to make them lighter by cutting out unneccessary weight...

lol.......

Mag_Rat
03-06-2007, 7:21 AM
Too bad it's not milled out on both sides. Then I would really want one. A nice clean skelotonized lower would be cool but not like that Oly pistol lower with all the holes drilled in it.

I don't remember might of been $140? but they where less than the CMMG ($170).

Prc329
03-06-2007, 7:36 AM
I paid $183 out the door.

xrMike
03-06-2007, 8:03 AM
Those windows are for ventilation. They provide an extra cooling effect when you're praying-and-spraying somewhere with your pistol grip on, and your unlimited rounds just keep on firing and firing and firing...

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/03/08/guiness-inside.jpg

Jack_Bauer
03-06-2007, 2:47 PM
Those windows are for ventilation. They provide an extra cooling effect when you're praying-and-spraying somewhere with your pistol grip on, and your unlimited rounds just keep on firing and firing and firing...

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/03/08/guiness-inside.jpg

Don't drink 6 beers at once... BRILLIANT!

whatdyisit
03-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Along the line of the milled areas being where the stamps usually are, what if someone were to do this to the "Div Armalite" on the eagle arms lowers? IIRC the Eagle Arms isn't listed, just the Armalite name on it keeps it out of our reach.
Might be a way to get some affordable 308 lowers.

PIRATE14
03-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Along the line of the milled areas being where the stamps usually are, what if someone were to do this to the "Div Armalite" on the eagle arms lowers? IIRC the Eagle Arms isn't listed, just the Armalite name on it keeps it out of our reach.
Might be a way to get some affordable 308 lowers.

Pretty much illegal w/o all the BATF paper work.....besides, I don't think Armalite would like it very much......

whatdyisit
03-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Damn, Fulton it is then.

DedEye
03-07-2007, 2:55 AM
That's really cool looking! Using it with a clear magazine makes the most sense to me (basically the only reason I'd want one of these would be to use with clear mags). This would also fix one of the problem of clear ten round mags in OLLs because then you'd actually be able to see your ammo count. Limited use, but very neat looking.

SemiAutoSam
03-07-2007, 8:09 AM
Once its purchased from Armalite or whom ever what would it matter what they thought of it All I would be concerned with is what legal steps are taken that are in accordance with federal law.

Pretty much illegal w/o all the BATF paper work.....besides, I don't think Armalite would like it very much......