PDA

View Full Version : Glock magazine followers?

AJAX22
03-05-2007, 7:55 PM
Does anyone know where to get replacement mag followers for my old pre-bans? I dug some of my old mags out of storeage in anticipation of buying a glock soon (or trading for one) and the folowers are kinda crummy. I'd like to fix the mags up before I get a nice new pistol.

ghostwong
03-05-2007, 9:32 PM
I got mine from - http://www.glockmeister.com

Good luck

aca72
03-05-2007, 9:34 PM
You can also check:

http://glockparts.com/tab1/store/category/62n9/Followers.html

AJAX22
03-05-2007, 9:42 PM
Thanks guys,

Those links are very helpfull

one other question tho, how do you identify which type of mag follower you need? apparently there are 5 different series of glock mags and the followers are not interchangable.

ghostwong
03-05-2007, 9:58 PM
Try this . . . :eek:
http://glockmeister.com/3genmags.shtml
-------

Thanks guys,

Those links are very helpfull

one other question tho, how do you identify which type of mag follower you need? apparently there are 5 different series of glock mags and the followers are not interchangable.

AJAX22
03-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks,

Looks like I've got a hodge podge of all of them,

One thing I don't understand still (and I appologise for my ignorance) is the difference between a drop free mag and a non-drop free mag.

I stockpiled these things years ago, and I've never actually shot a glock or handled one outside of gunshows and stores, so my knowledge is kinda limited.

Is there a way to visually tell the difference?

Also are the G18 mags (big ol 33 rounders) identifiable by the same characteristics?

Stanze
03-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Drop free mags eject from the gun when you press the mag button. Non-drop free mags require that you take your weak hand and manually remove the empty mag. The Austrian army believed it was a waste to dispose of your empty mag on the battlefield, whereas the American market preferred a mag that ejects clear away from the gun for tactical reloads and whatnot.

It can be challenging to tell the year of manufacture of a GLOCK mag or any other preban mag, the follwers, mag body, springs and floorplates could of been repaired, replaced or swaped around.:D

ryang
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Drop free mags eject from the gun when you press the mag button. Non-drop free mags require that you take your weak hand and manually remove the empty mag.Correction: this only applies to fully loaded magazines. Empty ones of both types will "drop free".

You can tell which style you have by the shape of the magazine just above the witness holes. If it's "U"-shaped, it's the older style. If the corners are squared, it's the newer version.

As Glockmeister indicates, some followers will not work on older style magazine bodies. This is a problem for 9mm, but I don't believe it is for other calibers. You can tell which version follower from the number imprinted on the front, but unfortunately the magazine bodies don't have a similar identifier.

Stanze
03-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks ryang, I forgot about the loaded mags not dropping free on the non-drop free GLOCK mags.