PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy a Hi-Point TS Carbine yet from Turners Out-snoresman?

1911ZENSHOOTER
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Just saw a Turners ad this morning, wanted to get opinions on these as I am tempted to run down and get one for a "buddy at the range can shoot this one" carbine.

Admittedly, I presently don't own any KelTecs or "inexpensive" pistols, shotguns or carbines so it would be a stretch for me.

Experiences and evaluations are appreciated..
Hi-Point bashing and or "only a $2000 tacticool AR is worth owning" is not welcome. Also keep in mind this is not for HD purposes, got my bolo machete for that.

http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php

SideWinder11
12-13-2011, 11:56 AM
I see them in the for sale section often so someone is buying. However seems like people are not holding on to them.

repubconserv
12-13-2011, 11:58 AM
I think Morfeeis has one, find him and ask

DannyInSoCal
12-13-2011, 11:59 AM
I bought mine used in .45ACP -

Surprisingly accurate out to about 125 yards.

Fun to shoot - Eats everything from HPs to cheap gun show reloads.

You can buy a $1500 HK .45 carbine -

But you're not getting 5X the firearm........

JAGGUY
12-13-2011, 12:00 PM
I have had a 995 for several years, shoots anything with never a failure, lots of fun to shoot..
You may want to search the HiPoint forums for a wealth of info rather than start a pissing match here.

1911ZENSHOOTER
12-13-2011, 12:16 PM
You can buy a $1500 HK .45 carbine -

But you're not getting 5X the firearm........
Hah that's sad but probably true. I was just drooling over a USC at Rettings for 1400.

h0use
12-13-2011, 12:19 PM
I own the 9mm version and it's dead on with iron sights at 75 yards. I have shot over 1000 rounds of steel cased ammo with out any problems. I use it as my truck gun locked up in my back seat. It's a great little carbine. I also own the c9 pistol and have shot over 500 rounds with out any problems. Also extremely accurate!

Roots
12-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Plenty of info in the internet but basically the guys that own them love them and the guys that dislike them..never owned one.

I looked at them - might buy one but have not decided yet.

1911ZENSHOOTER
12-13-2011, 1:16 PM
Done deal. I think I'll purchase it for around what high end accessories or average RDS would run. What the hell.

I'll report back upon delivery.

FastFinger
12-13-2011, 1:26 PM
Plenty of info in the internet but basically the guys that own them love them and the guys that dislike them..never owned one.

I looked at them - might buy one but have not decided yet.

Seems to sum it up nicely and accurately.

h0use
12-13-2011, 3:02 PM
I redid the 4 day carbine class at frontsight in Las Vegas with my hipoint and people were amazed how it shot and how reliable it was. The instructor was sold on it as well. I did have my lwrc as a back up rifle. You can't go wrong with this carbine! Only draw back is it's 10rd mags. Promag does make 15rd but they are not that reliable. They only worked well with 13rd in them.

1911ZENSHOOTER
12-13-2011, 3:18 PM
It's pretty obvious, but do these need a bullet button to be cal legal?

alfred1222
12-13-2011, 3:28 PM
I redid the 4 day carbine class at frontsight in Las Vegas with my hipoint and people were amazed how it shot and how reliable it was. The instructor was sold on it as well. I did have my lwrc as a back up rifle. You can't go wrong with this carbine! Only draw back is it's 10rd mags. Promag does make 15rd but they are not that reliable. They only worked well with 13rd in them.

you chose a hipoint over an LWRC?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

h0use
12-13-2011, 8:25 PM
you chose a hipoint over an LWRC?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

i have shot the carbine course at frontsight with my lwrc. i have a lifetime membership. and wanted to see how the hipoint did. and i will have to say i would put it up with my lwrc. for being 9mm carbine i would depened on it if i had too.

Im Broken
12-13-2011, 8:29 PM
The only reason I wouldn't buy one is because they are so damn ugly...

dieselpower
12-13-2011, 8:37 PM
I see them in the for sale section often so someone is buying. However seems like people are not holding on to them.

just like AR15s and AKs... I see them for sale all the time too...so they must be bad...right? :rolleyes::cool:

gun toting monkeyboy
12-13-2011, 8:37 PM
You know, I have never shot one. But everybody that I have ever known that has one likes it, and they speak very highly of it's reliability and accuracy. I know one guy that swore it was the best coyote gun he had for inside 100 yards. If I were looking for a truck gun, or just a general plinker, I would seriously consider getting one. At that price, it is hard to go wrong.

-Mb