PDA

View Full Version : Quick qeustion 'bout SingleShot comversions...

Bullcoop
12-13-2011, 9:31 AM
Not that anyone ACTUALLY keeps em this way but...
Does a single shot conersion affect the mag, or the pistol?
I guess what I'm asking is after the convo do you load 1 round into a mag each time or do you just open the slide and insert a round everytime?
If it's the latter then does the mag stay in place always?
TIA
BC

joefreas
12-13-2011, 9:35 AM
The conversion I saw was on a 1911. It had a mag that held zero rounds and required tools to remove the mag from the gun. If you were going to fire it in that configuration you would need to drop a round into the chamber to fire it.

From what I understand this was done solely for the transfer and the 1911 would be restored to its OEM state as soon as the buyer picked up the gun from the 10 day wait.

Mister.E
12-13-2011, 9:50 AM
The conversion I saw was on a 1911. It had a mag that held zero rounds and required tools to remove the mag from the gun. If you were going to fire it in that configuration you would need to drop a round into the chamber to fire it.

From what I understand this was done solely for the transfer and the 1911 would be restored to its OEM state as soon as the buyer picked up the gun from the 10 day wait.

My understanding is that you DROS as single shot, pick up and walk out the store as single shot. Walk right back in and "modify" the pistol.

Cyc Wid It
12-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Please read the sticky.