PDA

View Full Version : RADDLOCK QUESTION

g_conway
12-12-2011, 7:34 PM
I have searched all over the forum and I am either blind or stunned.

I am trying to verify the legality of the RADDLOCK bullit button. It sounds to good to be true.

Has Librarian posted an opinon on this anywhere?

tujungatoes
12-12-2011, 7:45 PM
The raddlock conforms to the letter of the law. However if you're looking for an approval letter from the DOJ, it doesn't exist.

TURNKEY13
12-12-2011, 7:50 PM
They are GTG... Long as its installed correctly, leave it in position one while in California, and use a “tool” to remove the mag.

peter95
12-12-2011, 7:54 PM
Why do u think it's too good to be true? It's a bullet button, you still need a tool to remove the magazine...

But if you turn the knob it becomes illegal.

Jwind
12-12-2011, 7:57 PM
Any websites you look up, it'll say the same. Not DOJ approved yet, but is design to comply with the law.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-470-raddlock-ar-series-magazine-lock.aspx

With that being said, I'll ship you my never used raddlock in FDE for $20 " Thank you shameless plug, its gone :D "

bloodhawke83
12-12-2011, 8:23 PM
i like the raddlock as a normal mag release, its easier to install. :D

Panchira!
12-12-2011, 8:45 PM
^^ I'll second that motion my god is it easy to install! Yep just don't screw it out and your gtg. And use the o-ring if there is any gap with it fully tightened.

CSACANNONEER
12-12-2011, 8:47 PM
No magazine lock has DOJ approval. Well, there were a few Vulcans (I think) that came into the state with fixed mags and DOJ approval but, that was a long time ago. They were epoxied into the lowers.

NealDA
12-12-2011, 8:56 PM
I've wondered the legality as well, given even the bullet button is not DOJ approved, because they do not, nor will not. But as stated it must be removed with a "Tool" and the DOJ defines a Tool as a "Magazine or Bullet" specifically.

g_conway
12-13-2011, 5:08 PM
Thanks all for the info so far.

I saw posts that were talking about some sort of Magnetic Tool. Many people said that they were illegal because "the moment you use them, you have converted to a 'tool-less' mag release. So I was concerned about the legality of one than can be changed by a simple twist of a tool.

This device just has too much common sense applied to be legal in CA.

epilepticninja
12-13-2011, 5:14 PM
This device just has too much common sense applied to be legal in CA.

No, common sense would dictate that we are responsible enough to be trusted with a regular magazine release. Until that happens, the Raddlock works fine. I have one on my AR.

alfred1222
12-13-2011, 5:47 PM
they are legal

Chunky_lover
12-14-2011, 10:14 AM
the raddlock isnt made to well
that little screw inside widens too easily, at least the old one I have
and the hole is too small
I think on mine it stuck out too far and I had to use one of those o rings, looked janky
I wouldnt recommend it

Best one I always use is the prince 50 I think its called may be a newer design too as its not the one that looked like the original ar 15 button, mainly because I shoot 22lr
then on the rare times I do 223 I just top load it after screwing in the bolt

I also have the one that accept some sort or red screw in button thing, but that didnt work too well either
I think the softness of the metals used just wear out too much
maybe now parts are better all mine I bought years ago

h0use
12-14-2011, 10:23 AM
you cant go wrong with the raddlock.

g_conway
12-14-2011, 11:05 AM
the raddlock isnt made to well
that little screw inside widens too easily, at least the old one I have
and the hole is too small
I think on mine it stuck out too far and I had to use one of those o rings, looked janky
I wouldnt recommend it

Best one I always use is the prince 50 I think its called may be a newer design too as its not the one that looked like the original ar 15 button, mainly because I shoot 22lr
then on the rare times I do 223 I just top load it after screwing in the bolt

I also have the one that accept some sort or red screw in button thing, but that didnt work too well either
I think the softness of the metals used just wear out too much
maybe now parts are better all mine I bought years ago

Has anyone else had these type of issues withthe Raddlock?

tonyxcom
12-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Not me. But I don't double dutch between CA/NV to have very much wear on the screw inside to know. And both of mine install near flush with the receiver.

0331Marine
12-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Nope, I have one on mine and the wife has one. I think Chunky has one of the old ones.

g_conway
12-14-2011, 6:01 PM
Thanks for all the help. Decission made.