PDA

View Full Version : Little update on my mini Draco

Deadon
12-12-2011, 5:57 PM
I got it all sorted the way I want. I replaced the grip and stained the wood. Im loving the look! Anyway we took it out for a range day last weekend to find that its not cycling right. It tends to jamb at about five rounds. I thought maybe after shooting it the full day it would get better but it didnt. I will make some contacts and see what can be done. Heres a short vid of my buddy shooting it. Flame on!
Click the pic for the video
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/tiller2nv/th_IMG_7027.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v19/tiller2nv/?action=view&current=IMG_7027.mp4)

zfields
12-12-2011, 6:00 PM
Diggin' it. How is the muzzle blast on that sucker.

PS was it jamming on everymag, or just one?

Munny$hot
12-12-2011, 6:01 PM
Is it new and did you clean/lube it. Also try different brands of ammo. Usually the bear stuff is GTG

Deadon
12-12-2011, 6:03 PM
Diggin' it. How is the muzzle blast on that sucker.

PS was it jamming on everymag, or just one?

Click it, its a video.

Deadon
12-12-2011, 6:03 PM
Is it new and did you clean/lube it. Also try different brands of ammo. Usually the bear stuff is GTG

Yeah I tried everything.

zfields
12-12-2011, 6:06 PM
Was it giving you light primer strikes, or dead trigger. hard to tell from the video.

Deadon
12-12-2011, 6:08 PM
Its jamming when feeding the next round.

jokat989
12-12-2011, 6:24 PM
are you using arsenal us made 10 round mags?
i ask because i recently built a rifle off a rommey kit, and every 4th or 5th round dosent feed correctly.
i am going to try the tapco mags this weekend and see it they are any better

1forall
12-12-2011, 7:12 PM
My Draco was doing the same thing the first time out, but by the end of day it did it less. So when I got it home I went ahead and polished the rails that the bolt carrier rides on which seemed to smooth out the action. Now she runs great, zero issues. Btw...nice mini, I've been considering the purchase of one myself. Good luck with it

RobGR
12-12-2011, 9:15 PM
Nice. Sorry you had issues though.

Definitely polish those rails and check for burrs, just don't sand down the ejector. I used some fine grit sandpaper on my Draco. Stuff some toilet paper in the barrel to keep out the debris, flush out with water when you are done, then lube her up.

Wondering about your trigger. Just had a really bad experience with a poorly installed Tapco FCG. Here's a great way to check it:

The correct procedure to verify if the trigger system is working; with the gun unloaded and the top cover off, hold the trigger in all the way, then pull back the hammer (pushing it past the sear/disconnector) until the sear clicks on to the hammer's flat surface area. You can just push back the hammer manually or use the bolt carrier by racking it. Then, slowly release the trigger very gently until the sear slides off the flat and you will hear a distinctive "click", then pull the trigger all the way back and the hammer will release and you will hear a second click. This is a basic safety check to verify that your trigger system is operating safely and properly, you can also look for any other areas around the trigger when there may be a clearance issue.

You were saying this happens every 5 rounds, so definitely repeat it several times to clear the trigger of the problem.

Not sure if anyone brought up your mag, hopefully you were using a couple of different ones to clear that it wasn't a mag issue.

SmellOfCordite
12-12-2011, 9:29 PM
Well it looks like I need one of these now. That mini Draco makes a racket, I love it.

Mamluke
12-12-2011, 9:38 PM
What?! ..... did anyone say GAS?!!!

... YOU've GOT GAS!!!!!

.......... :rolleyes: ..........

QQQ
12-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I had a lot of problems with my old draco that were likely caused by a weird, diagonal slant on the top of the magazine release (the part that touches the lip of the magazine).

TheClap1
12-13-2011, 6:58 AM
Very nice!

ghost
12-17-2011, 2:21 PM
i might have to pick one up soon and sbr it:D

12-17-2011, 2:41 PM
Sweet looking draco!

radioburning
12-17-2011, 3:05 PM
I think my Draco needs a little brother.:chris:

Cricket31
12-21-2011, 9:15 PM
I had the same issues with my Mini Draco too. I just picked it up on the 16th, cleaned/lubed it before I shot it at Angeles the next day. It would also jam about every 5 rnds. I was only using Tapco mags. As I try to hand cycle through a mag, I notice that the bolt would jam and would only go half way back. Any other suggestions?