PDA

View Full Version : Southbay Rod and Gun Club, Dulzura

timpennn
12-12-2011, 4:58 PM
I am thinking of joining Southbay, but I shoot a lot and I am worried about cost of targets adding up. I know for members the first target is free, then they charge 50 cents per target. When I shoot on BLM land, I usually shoot about 60, 5 shot groups (5 targets per sheet for a total of 12 sheets).

What types of targets does Southbay offer? Do they have big targets with 16 or 20 bullseyes? Any details would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

GMG
12-12-2011, 6:13 PM
From what I remember each target sheet has 3 individual targets.

You have to remember your membership includes shooting as often as you wish for as long as you wish.

You can always stick some Shoot-N-See's over the target they provide.......just saying.

cfusionpm
12-12-2011, 6:25 PM
Buy or bring a stack of paper targets and staple em up yourself. That's what I do. I've never been charged for a target after shooting there 6 or 7 times (and am a member).

Cactus_Tim
12-12-2011, 8:15 PM
I'm heading out there in a week or two to check the place out.
As soon as I finish my build, I'll need to test it.
I usually print my own targets from any of the free online sites and bring them with me.

McCrown
12-13-2011, 10:30 AM
You can take your own targets, you don't have to buy their targets. You can print up your own or buy them by the stack. They do give you one target for free each visit, the 3 target sheet is what they have pre stapled on the cardboard to put up down range, but you don't have to use it and can staple up your own.