PDA

View Full Version : High capacity magazines

Bigpops
12-12-2011, 3:34 PM
Hello, I recently acquired a Yugo m72 rpk, featureless, and was wondering where to get high cap mags, in or out of state? Also if it is legal to have a 75 round drum mags for it,if so where to get them. Thanks for your time.

Reductio
12-12-2011, 3:36 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=387409

MKfan
12-12-2011, 3:36 PM
If you didn't have them prior to 1-1-2000 you cant buy them now til the laws change

tonelar
12-12-2011, 3:37 PM
You can get rebuild kits so you can make affordable 10 rnd magazines. Or you can wait two weeks and buy them legally.

Unless you're exempt from CA's large capacity magazine law; these are your two choices.

CSACANNONEER
12-12-2011, 3:39 PM
Are you somehow exempt from the law? If not and you don't have any legally aquired (pre 1-1-00 for most people) +10 round mags, you can't get them today. You can get rebuild kits to use to repair your exisiting mags or to assemble while out of state and dissassemble before coming back to Ca. 75 round drums are perfectly legal to own as long as you legally aquired them (again, prior to 1-1-00 for most people). I really suggest that you learn a lot more about the law BEFORE buying any rebuild kits.

Nor*Cal
12-12-2011, 3:49 PM
You can get rebuild kits so you can make affordable 10 rnd magazines. Or you can wait two weeks and buy them legally.

Unless you're exempt from CA's large capacity magazine law; these are your two choices.

Care to clarify the "wait two weeks and buy them legally" statement?

MaHoTex
12-12-2011, 3:52 PM
"Two Weeks" is CalGuns speak for a "REALLY REALLY long time from now... Maybe..."

In laymans terms, do not get your hopes up.

aermotor
12-12-2011, 3:54 PM
Thread translation: "Where can I illegally important high cap mags for my newly acquired firearm"

This thread screams felony in the making.

I don't think these high cap mags you're looking to get are going to go well with your mortars you're also inquiring about on this site...

tonelar
12-12-2011, 4:06 PM
Care to clarify the "wait two weeks and buy them legally" statement?

Someone else answered this already.

Thread translation: "Where can I illegally important high cap mags for my newly acquired firearm"

This thread screams felony in the making.

I don't think these high cap mags you're looking to get are going to go well with your mortars you're also inquiring about on this site...

Wait WHAT? Is this a joke thread?

comblock
12-12-2011, 4:21 PM
Wrong forum. I think you want to go to arizonashooting.com or nevadashooters.com. asking those questions in california will get you in trouble. Asking it in arizona or nevada wont.

Bigpops
12-12-2011, 4:29 PM
I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood, I thought that if you have a featureless rifle, it was ok to have high capacity magazines, like the disassembled kits,etc.. as well as having the monsterman grips.

tonelar
12-12-2011, 4:33 PM
Bigpops; yes a featureless rifle is perfectly fine to use 10+ capacity magazines in, but that doesn't exempt one from the HiCap magazine laws.

Bigpops
12-12-2011, 4:35 PM
Right so if you already had them,before 1-1-00 its fine, if not tough luck.

ke6guj
12-12-2011, 4:35 PM
I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood, I thought that if you have a featureless rifle, it was ok to have high capacity magazines, like the disassembled kits,etc.. as well as having the monsterman grips.

its ok to USE large cap mags in a featureless rifle, but that doesn't mean that you can just have them sold to you, or make/import them yourself.

Librarian
12-12-2011, 4:42 PM
Right so if you already had them,before 1-1-00 its fine, if not tough luck.

Exactly.