PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on DPMS LR .308 oracle

nyc71
12-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Need advice on the LR .308 oracle, I had an impose buy on this upper offered by Midway. Did I make a mistake?
Thank you.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

FeuerFrei
12-12-2011, 2:16 PM
This? (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/361133/dpms-lr-308-oracle-a3-flat-top-upper-assembly-308-winchester-1-in-10-twist-16-heavy-contour-barrel-chrome-moly-matte-with-glacierguard-handguard-single-rail-gas-block-flash-hider-pre-ban)
I put together a carbine with one of these uppers and it works great. Change the FH to a good brake and you're good. Mine took about 60 - 100 rounds to seat the bolt into the carrier and after that it was really smooth. Never any FTF or extraction probs. Eats everything including Wolf type ammo. BTW. Watch the set screws on the gas block after the first 60 - 100 rounds for loosening up. Catch it early and tighten them up. Mine never came loose again.
Good impulse buy.

nyc71
12-12-2011, 9:06 PM
What's FH?
Do you have pics of your setup? I bought this upper because I've been waiting on a Fulton Armory upper to arrive almost two months. I've posted the same question on another forum & I'm glad to see positive responses.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

FeuerFrei
12-13-2011, 7:35 AM
FH = flash hider. Sorry for the acronym.
No pics. I never post pics of my personal guns.
Mine is the same as the Midway link I posted.
The muzzle brake is a PRI MSTN QC Brake from (Rainier Arms) @$80. It's loud but works very well.
If you put a good scope on this thing you'll be surprised how accurate it is when you feed it "match" ammo.

nyc71
12-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks.