PDA

View Full Version : Any updated ETA on Bullet Button on HK91 Clone (PTR-91)?

radd
03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I have read last month that the Bullet Button for the HK clones (PTR-91) will be the next project.

Any updated ETA?

I need one!!!:p

I haven't had a chance to shoot my PTR yet, but i have read the blow back design on HK leave the chamber very dirty for chamber loading.

Any News on it?

Thanks in advance for keeping my fingers clean.:D

Got Stuff?
03-05-2007, 8:05 PM
The fluted chambers do cause quite a bit of soot to be blown back. It's normal and purposely designed that way.

I load my V-51 through the ejection port all the time and its not as bad as alot of people make it sound. There's quite a bit of room to work with. I'm not sure I'd use the bullet button to quickly change mags while no one was looking though.

I got a stripped lower housing at the last gun show in Ontario for $10. I'm in the process of fabricating that into a pistol grip-less version so I can take off the maglock I made.

blkA4alb
03-05-2007, 8:07 PM
I'm not sure I'd use the bullet button to quickly change mags while no one was looking though.
I think you're confused, that is the whole point of the bullet button.

Tzvia
03-05-2007, 8:24 PM
Boy that would be nice. Just bought a PTR and am in that darn wait. As soon as I can pick it up, I will look at how it functions and try to make something myself. Since mine has a non collapsing stock and no fs, I was going to fab a wing-type grip that prevents a pistol grasp, but if a 'bullet button' type setup is possible without major machining, I will try that. I was able to make one for one of my ARs, but that was easy. I have a feeling, this will be more complicated...

Got Stuff?
03-05-2007, 9:11 PM
I think you're confused, that is the whole point of the bullet button.

True. but currently I only have one 10 round mag so the means I would have to reload that one or attach a 20 rounder. Reloading from the top isn't bad and there's no bullet button for the ptr's yet anyway.

What we need is someone to take an AR with a bullet button, pistol grip and an open magwell into any LEO office and show it to them and ask if this is legal. Now, I know that we know, but do they know?

SemiAutoSam
03-05-2007, 9:30 PM
I have a PIN-MAG-LOCK (my Product name for the Bullet Button) for the HK-91 type rifle in the works at the moment. just waiting on parts and time for a machine to open up.

I apologise for the length of time it takes from cad to delivery but its hard to justify putting this work at a higher priority than jobs that have contracts for months and at times even years ahead.

Jobs that keep me in Steak and Beer I might add.

Since I have this opportunity I will also announce that this design AR PIN-MAG-LOCK will be about twice the price of the Prince50 Bullet Button.

and would appreciate feedback Some of you know the quality of my products. it would be nice if I could get some feedback from my past customers to let the people that don't know my product know what they would be getting into as far as the quality is concerned.

Thank you
Sam

Smoothiesd
05-12-2007, 7:22 PM
I was wondering if you ever got these finished and ready for the Calgunners our here?

SemiAutoSam
05-12-2007, 7:42 PM
I'm working on a prototype at the moment. Once it is completed there will be a very limited amount made in the area of 25-50.

They are so to speak in the waiting line.

It will be the same design as the "Bullet Button" type mag release but with a smaller opening, About 1/8 inch.

I was wondering if you ever got these finished and ready for the Calgunners our here?

rorschach
05-13-2007, 4:57 AM
Sam will these work with rifles eqipped with the paddle mag release??

Tzvia
05-13-2007, 7:05 AM
It's not hard to load from the ejection port (being a woman with small fingers helps). At first, I wore leather gloves because I was worried about the heat, but it didn't get hot so I took them off and just stood over the weapon to reload. Kinda like exersize. Shoot 10 rounds, stand-up, load load load, sit-down, bang bang bang, stand-up... It did get old pretty quick. So I bought several sheets of Kydex (in case I screwed up :D ), some rivets and specialty screws from knifekits.com, and made a 'wing' for my pistol grip. Took it to the range a few weeks ago; it worked great. If I ever leave this place I just have to remove and replace the pistol grip.

SemiAutoSam
05-13-2007, 9:30 AM
Yes they should that is one of the reasons I bought the kits from Robert.

The only question is if the little wedge device will fit once the lock mechanism is in place from all of my mock ups using both the parts and my HK Rifles.

Sam will these work with rifles equipped with the paddle mag release??