PDA

View Full Version : Aesenal AK trigger not resetting 100%?

bighead
12-12-2011, 8:44 AM
Sorry, ARSENAL.

Trigger was acting funny yesterday, only resetting less than half the time.I would pull the trigger, the rifle would fire and chamber another round but the trigher would not reset unless I manually cycles the action.It's never done this and I don't know d#ck about this trigger.

I'm sure I can fix it but I love opportunities to upgrade.So my question is wether to buy a Tapco single or double trigger or spend $60 on a red star trigger?I'm not sure what the effective differences in fell will be between the 3.Any input is appreciated.

zfields
12-12-2011, 8:46 AM
You would be surprised, the tapco trigger is damn good. Even better with a little polishing on it.

Cant speak to the red star, I know a lot of people like them also.

SDRider858
12-12-2011, 8:52 AM
I have a tromix modified tapco and love the thing, cant go wrong especially for the price.

joe_sun
12-12-2011, 9:20 AM
Was the hammer not locking back after the action cycles?

What kind of receiver is your build on?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

zfields
12-12-2011, 9:22 AM
Was the hammer not locking back after the action cycles?

What kind of receiver is your build on?

Arsernal = saiga.

FeuerFrei
12-12-2011, 9:30 AM
Check the hammer spring legs for propper position on trigger.
Thus...
http://gunpoints.org/images/saiga/saiga59.jpg

joe_sun
12-12-2011, 9:31 AM
Arsernal = saiga.

I have arsenal triggers in 3 of my home built rifles. You know they sell them separately and Nodak spud recommends them for use in their NDS3 receivers?

zfields
12-12-2011, 9:48 AM
I have arsenal triggers in 3 of my home built rifles. You know they sell them separately and Nodak spud recommends them for use in their NDS3 receivers?

Very true, sorry my assumption he was referring to a arsenal rifle.

joe_sun
12-12-2011, 9:52 AM
Very true, sorry my assumption he was referring to a arsenal rifle.

It's all good, I'm on my phone and was thinking I might have missed something.

Anyway to the OP, I'm hitting the road but if it's hammer follow and you have an NDS3 receiver it's a known issue and not difficult to fix.

bighead
12-12-2011, 10:22 AM
It's an Arsenal on a Saiga reciever.Where does the hammer spring legs need to be exactly?I suppose I can look on my other Arsenal to see the difference.

Richard Erichsen
12-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Sorry, ARSENAL.

Trigger was acting funny yesterday, only resetting less than half the time.I would pull the trigger, the rifle would fire and chamber another round but the trigher would not reset unless I manually cycles the action.It's never done this and I don't know d#ck about this trigger.

I'm sure I can fix it but I love opportunities to upgrade.So my question is wether to buy a Tapco single or double trigger or spend $60 on a red star trigger?I'm not sure what the effective differences in fell will be between the 3.Any input is appreciated.

Fix what you have before throwing it out as crap. Take some pics of what is going on in there and we'll help you sort it out. Did you buy the rifle with this trigger pack?

R

bighead
12-12-2011, 8:43 PM
I'll post pics

CSACANNONEER
12-12-2011, 8:52 PM
I'll work in Agoura. If you want me to take a quick look at it, shoot me a PM and we can figure out a day, time and place. Personally, I would not consider a Tapco trigger and ungrade or a downgrade so, don't waste money on anything yet.

luckystrike
12-12-2011, 10:48 PM
The tapco trigger is pretty nice. Keep the other as spare parts

NorCalK9.com
12-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Dang Arsenal saiga rifles cost so much and they cant get the trigger rite? Dang arsenal

bighead
12-13-2011, 2:12 PM
Thanks for the input guys, ill post pics when I get home.

Quickdraw Mcgraw
12-13-2011, 2:34 PM
BigH Putting a single hook g2 in my arsenal is the BEST thing I've ever done to the rifle...trigger pull went from 8+lbs to 3.5 with about 20 minutes worth of work...for me the issues with the AK are trigger(usially) and sights(always) so the G2 fixes the trigger problem for $35...now put some nice sights(peep or night) or red dot on there an see how she shoots!
have fun an be safe!

bighead
12-13-2011, 4:29 PM
Here is the pics, my macro skills suck.I havent cleaned/touched the rifle since the trigger issue arised.Ill upoad some more with the hammer forward.

bighead
12-13-2011, 4:36 PM
Hammer forward...

cmace22
12-13-2011, 4:46 PM
Check to make sure your dissconnector has the spring in it. If the hammer isnt being captured when the trigger is pulled which is most likely the case when firing, the disco isnt catching the hammer. The only thing I can think of is its missing the spring.

There shouldn't be anywhere for the hammer to go except down and captured by the disco. Here is a photo of an Arsenal FCG.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/cmace22/Ak-102Build039.jpg

SJgunguy24
12-13-2011, 5:07 PM
Are you 100% sure it's not resetting? Sometimes the casting lines on the hammer and disconnecter need to be polished out. There can be too much friction and that can hold the hammer back.

bighead
12-13-2011, 7:41 PM
@SJ

I'm positive it's not resetting.Trigger stays flat in a depressed position until I manually cycle a round through.