PDA

View Full Version : Entreprise FAL receivers

superhondaz50
03-05-2007, 7:57 AM
How do you like them. At $239 they seem to be unbeatable. Also how do you order one from them?

jerryb78
03-05-2007, 8:40 AM
you know, i been wanting to ask the same question about Enterprise arms. i heard good things about their rifle. but also not so goodthing about their receiver. i also heard it a hit or miss. my dealer in Martinez refuse to do business with them becasue of a very bad past experiance doing business with them. he recommend i go with DSA. sorry, he did not tell me why or what happen between him and enterprise arms.

but i know that they have a life time warrenty on their receiver. free replacement. but why would i ever need replacement in the first place. their receiver seem to be good, but how come they are not selling them and i have not seen them for sale on any website or gun auction? i only see imbel or DSA receiver, but never Enterprize Arms. And their receiver are readily avaliable and very affordable. i can actually build a nice FAL for under a 700 buck if i really shop around.:rolleyes:

anybody out there got anything to say about Enterprize ARms? i only got 1 fal and working to get at least 2-3 more:D i got plenty of AR but not enough FAL:D

NSR500
03-05-2007, 8:42 AM
Read up on them at Falfiles.com

A lot of the guys on there have an opinion about them.

Pryde
03-05-2007, 8:45 AM
I have an Entreprise that I had built up from a receiver.
It had some definate fitting problems from the receiver originally being out-of-spec which gave me a huge headache.

That being said, once built and fitted, she runs like a champ. I have had no problems with rifle/receiver once it was built and running.

Entreprise should be ok, but they are not for the home builder, just let them build it and save yourself the trouble.

C.G.
03-05-2007, 9:02 AM
Read up on them at Falfiles.com

A lot of the guys on there have an opinion about them.

This topic has been covered a few times here as well, just do a search.

rorschach
03-05-2007, 10:44 PM
My brother has had an Entreprise rifle for a few years now, and it has always run 100%. They got a bad rap when a batch of inch pattern receivers was WAYY out of spec. One of their employees said they leave a little extra meat on the receivers for the rifle builder to better fit the parts. I find this a little odd, DSA receivers go together just fine without the extra steel. A few folks also dont like the fact that they are only heat treated in some areas, while DSA receivers are thoroughly heat treated.

Personally, I found their customer service lacking the few times I stopped in to browse, one time downright rude. That being said, I will soon probably buy one of their complete rifles. I understand they will allow you to hand pick your parts if you stop in.

Do some homework: http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80067

bwiese
03-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Gunplumber won't work on 'em!

whatdyisit
03-05-2007, 10:59 PM
How is Entreprise fixing the mags on their California Legal rifles?

mltrading
03-06-2007, 7:05 AM
It's ENTREPRISE.

cadjak
03-06-2007, 9:42 AM
I will start off saying this is a highly personal opinion about Entreprise products. I will try to keep it from becoming a rant.
The problems with Entreprise receivers go way beyond a few early "out of spec" issues. I know a few ex-Entreprise employees that have given me enough horror stories that I would not buy one. The reason DSA receivers are as expensive as they are, is because the owner took the trouble to go to Austria and speak with the engineers at Steyr and bought the necessary prints, specs and equipment to assure that DSA receivers are made according to the original FN specs. The reason Gunplumber and other FAL smiths (Fred Johnson if memory serves) don't work on Entreprise receivers is because they have barreled up a batch and come out to the shop in the morning, only to find the receivers had cracked. Bad heat treating. I'm sure that you can find a lot of folks who have used Entreprise receivers who will say that I am nuts. That their rifles work fine. But as I said at the beginning, this is a highly personal opinion from someone that truly loves the FAL pattern rifle.

superhondaz50
03-06-2007, 1:38 PM
maybe i'll just fork over the money and get a DSA, it seems that all receivers besides DSA are hit or miss, or in the case of ones like Century are just junk. Anyone know what the deal is with the NodakSpud FAL receivers? Any good? there was one on GB for $375 last week.

NSR500
03-06-2007, 3:23 PM
One of the big differences other that Fit and Finish is the Cast vs Forged argument. DSA is Forged and the others Cast, so that opens another can of worms.

wilit
03-06-2007, 4:40 PM
If you can wait 2 years, I hear the DCI receivers are nice. :)

Pryde
03-06-2007, 5:16 PM
Stay away from the new run of DCIs, apparently they are lemons.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195324