PDA

View Full Version : good place to get a kimber or colts in socal?

smokycuh
03-05-2007, 7:59 AM
yea i'm in the san gabriel valley and looking for a shop that has good deals on kimbers and colts. I've searched locally and all the shops don't even stock them. They always say "there are no deals on colts or kimbers" and try to persuade me to buy a springfield. But i've personally tried all 3 and i'm undecided among colt and kimber. Well if anyway has any info let me know if anyone knows a place in socal. Also only place i've even seen colts and kimbers on display is at turners.

lancek
03-05-2007, 1:17 PM
Try So. Cal Sharpshooters in Torrance or Retting Guns in Culver City.

In July 2006 I bought a Kimber Pro CDP II for $1,000 at So. Cal. Sharpshooters. Last time I was there (a few days ago) they had another one for the same price. They also had about 6 or 7 other Kimbers on display.

I bought the Pro CDP after researching and determining that this was a fair price for that item in Southern Cal. Can't vouch for the prices on other Kimber models since this is the only model I chose to research before buying.

Retting Guns sometimes has several Kimbers on display, and sometimes the inventory is sparse.

Pick the model or models you want, research the fair price on gunbroker or other sites then call So. Cal. Sharpshooters and Retting Guns and ask their availability/price.

smokycuh
03-05-2007, 6:14 PM
thanks for the info. wow i called both and they have lots of models in stock. I actually wanted something full size and stainless but there are so many variation i don't know what to buy now.