View Full Version : Good gunsmith shop south OC area

12-11-2011, 7:23 PM
In huntington beach, looking for a good gunsmithing shop. There is Bolsa gunsmithing near me however have heard some very poor reviews about them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

level 10
12-11-2011, 7:51 PM
jan merson has a shop in brea i have had good experiences with him (american gunsmith and armorer) lambert in brea

12-11-2011, 7:55 PM
Have any contact info? Or the name of the shop?

12-12-2011, 6:21 AM
jan merson has a shop in brea i have had good experiences with him (american gunsmith and armorer) lambert in brea

Blah. I used that guy. Major bad experience.

Have a 9mm helwan (egyptian copy of 1952 beretta)

The roll pin that holds the internals broke and I couldn't find the correct size rollpin. He said 60$ to fix. No problem! I gave him all my contact info. Never heard back from the guy for four months since I misplaced his number/reciept (I'm a vendor at the crossroads show and the stuff got misplaced when we packed up)

Finally found it and called him and he was barley finishing up the gun anyways. But once more said 60$

Had to play phone tag with him alot to remind him to bring the gun to the gun show and he was quite rude over the phone each time. Also extreamly disorganized not knowing a thing about the gun or who I was. My mom called him for us since he said call him on thanksgiving for the final reminder to bring it to the show. My mom was like 60$ right? He started getting all rude yelling saying "you aren't going to be one of those people pulling that sh*t and trying to lower the price on me" (I was with my dad when we dropped it off to him and got the 60$ price and was on speaker phone in front of both my parents when we found his number and said 60$ that time too.)

Finally picked up the gun at the crossroads show over black Friday weekend, he stood there on the phone for 10 mins talking to someone, and his partner never said a word to me. Then took him another 10 mins to find my gun.

Went to the range and the roll pin he made broke after 2 mags and the gun basically blew apart in my face.

F it, I'll cut my losses after all this. I dont even wanna see the guy again. I'm sure he will have some sorta "no warranty on his work policy"

12-12-2011, 8:42 AM
I've had work done by Bolsa (rifle triggers, bedding, rebuild o/u shotgun, scopes mounted, etc) and never had any problems. I have also bought a couple shotguns Fred went through (M42, Winchester Diamond Trap) and they were solid. They are factory authorized repair for most brands. Some guys just like to ***** and others like to repeat things said about things they have not experienced.

If you don't want Bolsa, try Duncan's in San Marcos. I have talked with their smith about building up a custom hunting rifle. Old school Hungarian 'smith, trained in europe, knows his stuff and his custom work is beautiful, , but he's not cheap.

It would help if you described the type of gun in question and sort of work you are looking to have done.

12-12-2011, 5:35 PM
Ive got a remington 700, would like to the the action trued as well as a new bolt knob put on, possibly a trigger job as well.

12-12-2011, 5:48 PM
try this guy. call first

and join this site. they may provide more help

you need someone that specialize in 700's
also ammo gear in cerritos has a gun smith that knows 700's
i talked to him for about an hour one morning. all i need now is the funds for a new project. lol

12-12-2011, 7:28 PM
For what you want, take a look at what Bryant does with M700's

12-13-2011, 9:32 AM
OC Armory does gun smiting, give them a call... they did my sights in like 45 minutes

12-13-2011, 10:52 AM
I have had a lot of work done here. Steve is great.

Inland Accuracy Lab

Riverside, CA 92501
(951) 352-1854