PDA

View Full Version : hi cap magazine

jerryb78
03-05-2007, 12:13 AM
if i was ever approach my LEO or DOJ about my hi cap magazine. how do i prove to them that i have these magazine in my posession before the ban went into effect?

i may not have the gun at the time, but i do have the magazine. this has not happen to me nor do i wish i every be cought in that situation. But if it ever happen, how do i make them belief that i have these legally and did not bring these mag in to california after the ban.

i rather let them conficate the mag than be in a hot water. but i rather not just give it up since i did nothing wrong.

or did i misunderstand something about hi cap mag. in california?

rorschach
03-05-2007, 12:19 AM
if i was ever approach my LEO or DOJ about my hi cap magazine. how do i prove to them that i have these magazine in my posession before the ban went into effect?

You dont. It's up to them to prove you DIDN'T own it before the ban.

ts
03-05-2007, 1:07 AM
it's not illegal to possess them or have them on your person.

Sam Hainn
03-05-2007, 1:42 AM
it's not illegal to possess them or have them on your person.

But you may be committing other crimes if it is determined that your person is being held against his or her will, a victim of slavery. I don't let my persons carry any of my weapons or accessories as they may try to horde them for a revolt against my dictatorship.

xenophobe
03-05-2007, 2:05 AM
You do not have to prove anything.

However, anytime I see someone who looks under 21 with high caps definitely gets my attention. Believing that someone purchased or took possession of high capacity magazines at 12 or 13 years old is highly improbable... But I had my first AK at 14, so I can't really criticize.

DedEye
03-05-2007, 2:24 AM

However, anytime I see someone who looks under 21 with high caps definitely gets my attention. Believing that someone purchased or took possession of high capacity magazines at 12 or 13 years old is highly improbable... But I had my first AK at 14, so I can't really criticize.

Some of us have relatives who bought magazines for us for guns we didn't have because they knew the ban was coming ;).

Oswald2001
03-05-2007, 3:14 AM
I know people that bought full capacity mags for their infants before the ban.

This so that their children would legally have real mags when they become of age.

skeetskeet
03-05-2007, 4:33 AM
My grandpa left a few 20 and 30 round m16 mags in the basement. They've been sitting there for almost 10 years un touched. He's now living in the Philippines and I doubt he'll ever come back. Now that I'm 19, you think it's a bad ideal to start using them?

K9paulc
03-05-2007, 7:03 AM
By age 15, I was helping my father accumulate a pretty big collection, of firearms and mags. We used to hit the gunshow circut and try and scoop up as many goodies as possible, and I was able to purchase "standard capacity" mags on a regular basis with/without parental supervison so it's not entirely improbable....aaah the good old days!

taquito971
03-05-2007, 8:00 AM
By age 15, I was helping my father accumulate a pretty big collection, of firearms and mags. We used to hit the gunshow circut and try and scoop up as many goodies as possible, and I was able to purchase "standard capacity" mags on a regular basis with/without parental supervison so it's not entirely improbable....aaah the good old days!
See, my father was in the military and having this stuff around was normal for me. When he retired I accumulated most of his stuff (we didn't own an AR15 at that point) and I still have most of his old gear.

Brian

shooterx10
03-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Didn't the PS90 come on the market for civilian purchase a year or two ago? So, technically, nobody here is supposed to have the mag that came with the rifle, correct? :confused:

At the moment, that is only "standard capacity" and assembled mag that nobody in this state should have. At least, that is what I can think of. :rolleyes:

tenpercentfirearms
03-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Remember, your parents can't give them to you after the ban. There is no age restriction on magazine purchases. I bought my magazines when I was eight and I am sticking to my story.

AJAX22
03-05-2007, 12:47 PM
They can't legally confiscate your mags (and most know it), I had a roomate get busted for pot once upon a time, and during the search of the house they found one of the many boxes of pre-ban full capacity magazines that I had stored.

Aside from going absolutly bat s*^t crazy tearing the house appart looking for the AK's, AR's, Sten's, Uzi's, Glock 18's, Bren guns, Mac 10's, Sumoi's and MG34's that the box of mags 'proved' were hidden throughout the house. they didn't do anything else, although they were pretty upset about not finding anything(from what I heard, I wasn't around when it happened)

They actually left the mags neatly piled on the kitchen table when they were done.

I make better choices about who I live with, and where I live nowadays, (not that he was a bad guy, he's got his pot card now and everything is legit) its just guns don't mix well with illigality of any kind.

JOEKILLA
03-05-2007, 1:13 PM
I was in the military and while I was in. Myself and the rest of our platoon bought brand new items of anything that was issued to us. This included stuff from socks, bdu's, boots, lbe's to stuff like magazines, kevlars, etc.

This was for when it was time for inspection we would lay all the new ones out and we kept our "field gear" stashed somewhere.

it worked out well when I ETSed in 1991. I turned all new items in and I was in and out of there quick, fast and in a hurry. No rejected items for being dirty and damaged.

Now I have a whole lot of stuff stashed away, even have my brown briefs and boxer shorts still. And dont forget my magazines. ;) I have magazines for funs I dont even have yet.

Jicko
03-05-2007, 1:43 PM
My grandpa left a few 20 and 30 round m16 mags in the basement. They've been sitting there for almost 10 years un touched. He's now living in the Philippines and I doubt he'll ever come back. Now that I'm 19, you think it's a bad ideal to start using them?

YES. You do not OWN those magazines, it is a REAL BAD ideal to start using them, since the moment you put your hands on those, without the presence of your grandpa, you committed a felony.

PS. You just told the world that they are your grandpa's too. :eek:

ViPER395
03-05-2007, 1:50 PM
YES. You do not OWN those magazines, it is a REAL BAD ideal to start using them, since the moment you put your hands on those, without the presence of your grandpa, you committed a felony.

PS. You just told the world that they are your grandpa's too. :eek:

You missed the part where his grandpa gave them to him 10 yrs ago. :cool:

rorschach
03-05-2007, 2:02 PM
Or that he FOUND them in his basement.

Legal they way I see it.

blkA4alb
03-05-2007, 2:20 PM
Why is this discussed every 2 weeks? And in the biweekly magazine thread someone brings up the PS90 mags, and then the fact that possessing them even though they were made after the ban is not illegal.

Sigh...

Stanze
03-05-2007, 2:27 PM

Maybe that person had a Mike T.V. from Willy Wonka upbringing?

"When you gonna get me a real gun dad? Not until you're 12 son."

:)