PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Training in CA!

Brown_Bomber
03-04-2007, 9:20 PM
I had to share a great experience with LMS Defense. I took the Rifle 1 and Pistol 1. It is nothing like the boring GUNSITE classes. These rock! bounding, peels, etc....
Check them out for sure:
http://www.lmsdefense.com

They even allow you to personally host a course in your area.
This is not a plug. I seriously had a blast learning next to some of the top gunfighters in the business and I didn't have to travel out of state.
:eek:

chris
03-04-2007, 9:49 PM
i would love to take these classes but the prereq classes are not need for my taste. since i have practiced and used in Iraq. there are some great classes out there but no time.

AlohaM4
03-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I had to share a great experience with LMS Defense. I took the Rifle 1 and Pistol 1. It is nothing like the boring GUNSITE classes. These rock! bounding, peels, etc....
Check them out for sure:

This is not a plug. I seriously had a blast learning next to some of the top gunfighters in the business and I didn't have to travel out of state.
Yo Bomber
Does that mean that Chappy is no longer with Tactical Response?

chickenfried
03-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Have you taken classes at gunsite? Could we get a a more detailed comparison, please. It would be pretty cool to save on out of state travel expenses.

Check them out for sure:

VeryCoolCat
03-05-2007, 5:18 AM
I know how to shoot... how to clean em... and if necesary will use them in my defense.

I've never taken classes, Never been through military or combat training... and I havn't practiced running around my house pretending to clear it out like I bet some people have here :rolleyes:

grywlfbg
03-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Cool. Yeah, the Carbine I course looks interesting but there isn't one scheduled in the Bay Area :( I sent them to a note to ask if they'll add one.

Brown_Bomber
03-05-2007, 5:11 PM
I know how to shoot... how to clean em... and if necesary will use them in my defense.

I've never taken classes, Never been through military or combat training... and I havn't practiced running around my house pretending to clear it out like I bet some people have here :rolleyes:

Gunfighting is like everything else, you have to have the most realistic scenarios in order to not get fogged out when the real deal happens.

Im not knocking Gunsite. But when I spend my money I want to learn how to end a life of someone hell bent on ending mine. Legallity is very important, but it should be second when your life is on the line.. Right?
Train hard partner. But please make sure it is with a reputable trainer. You probably are not aware of what you dont know. But once you see, you'll know.

Chappy
03-05-2007, 5:38 PM
Thank for the kind words guys.

i would love to take these classes but the prereq classes are not need for my taste. since i have practiced and used in Iraq. there are some great classes out there but no time.

Chris,

We often waive pre-reqs for squared away guys.

All,

I am working on a bay area Carbine 1 course by popular demand.

Just for the record, we recommend people train with multiple high quality trainers. Nobody has all the answers, and we want you to be well-rounded. We recommend Gunsite, among others, for others to train with. We teach different things.

grammaton76
03-05-2007, 5:49 PM
Eh, I shoot mine at a range, but it's more like 1/sec. No stupid rapid fire rules at my range. :)

pinheadbob2002
03-05-2007, 7:57 PM
Thank for the kind words guys.

Chris,

We often waive pre-reqs for squared away guys.

All,

I am working on a bay area Carbine 1 course by popular demand.

Just for the record, we recommend people train with multiple high quality trainers. Nobody has all the answers, and we want you to be well-rounded. We recommend Gunsite, among others, for others to train with. We teach different things.

very cool - and great info.
Does your AK class fill up fast? Is there a hotel near yout Casa Grande, AZ
class?

MaceWindu
03-05-2007, 8:35 PM
I have personally been trained by and trained with John Chapman in many classes.

He is a consumate professional. He has put together a superb instructor cadre that is very well rounded. I have many of his classes in my future.

Owning a gun and learning to FIGHT with a gun are night and day.

Mace

Chappy
03-06-2007, 8:45 AM
very cool - and great info.
Does your AK class fill up fast? Is there a hotel near yout Casa Grande, AZ
class?

The AK classes fill up almost immediately. There are several hotels near Casa Grande. When you register, you automatically get an e-mail listing them.

Thanks