PDA

View Full Version : AK 10 round mags

pinheadbob2002
03-04-2007, 5:57 PM
Who makes a high quality 10 or 5 round AK mag? And where can I order them?

ghost
03-04-2007, 6:20 PM
Who makes a high quality 10 or 5 round AK mag? And where can I order them?

if you want a good quality 10 round for cheap check this website out: www.cdnn.com (http://www.cdnn.com)

PanzerAce
03-04-2007, 6:30 PM
Or just buy the cheap 5 round double stackers and replace the followers *shrugs*

proraptor
03-04-2007, 6:42 PM
I bought some at the gun show

rssslvr
03-04-2007, 6:46 PM
You can order 10/30s from CWS they should have some instock.

1hotshooter
03-04-2007, 6:58 PM
Give us a call tomorrow - have to unpack from a show, but don't think we've sold out...yet

:p

BRD - Spread It!

rssslvr
03-04-2007, 7:18 PM
Oh forgot to mention the ones CWS has are the new levered mags:)

wilit
03-04-2007, 7:23 PM
Or just buy the cheap 5 round double stackers and replace the followers *shrugs*

I've bought 3 10 rounders and 1 5 rounder from CDNN, and didn't have any problems with the 10 rounders. The 5 rounder on the other hand must've been a total screw up that made it past China's super stringent QC. :rolleyes: The magazine didn't seat right so it wouldn't even chamber a round as the feed lips sat about 3mm too low. The lower part of the magazine wasn't square so it was hard to remove and install the floor plate. The follower would get stuck with 2 rounds left because it would hang up inside the mag body. I'm guessing I just got a bum 5 rounder.

pinheadbob2002
03-04-2007, 7:27 PM
I bought some at the gun show

Have you tried them ? have you put more then 200 rounds threw it with out a FTF or any other type of failure?
The mags I have are producing alot of FTF, so I want to try some thing else.

pinheadbob2002
03-04-2007, 7:28 PM
[QUOTE=PanzerAce;522487]Or just buy the cheap 5 round double stackers and replace the followers *shrugs*[/QUOTE

Will a cheap mag and new follower fix a failure to feed issue? would I need to replace the spring as well?

pinheadbob2002
03-04-2007, 7:34 PM
I've bought 3 10 rounders and 1 5 rounder from CDNN, and didn't have any problems with the 10 rounders. The 5 rounder on the other hand must've been a total screw up that made it past China's super stringent QC. :rolleyes: The magazine didn't seat right so it wouldn't even chamber a round as the feed lips sat about 3mm too low. The lower part of the magazine wasn't square so it was hard to remove and install the floor plate. The follower would get stuck with 2 rounds left because it would hang up inside the mag body. I'm guessing I just got a bum 5 rounder.

Sounds like you used your AK. I am having the same issue as you with one of my 10 rounders. Also another one of the mags I have, when I use an empty mag - the bolt seems to get cought on the rear part of the follower.
The one mag that seems to cycle well- has random faulure to feeds. Thats why I was hoping I could get a made in the USA 10 rounder.
I perfer not going for the 30 round look if I do not have to. Why carry the extra weight when I can't use it.

rssslvr
03-04-2007, 7:36 PM
Also another one of the mags I have, when I use an empty mag - the bolt seems to get cought on the rear part of the follower.

It probably has a bolt hold open follower.

pinheadbob2002
03-04-2007, 7:38 PM
It probably has a bolt hold open follower.

when I load that mag- it does not feed.

!@#$
03-04-2007, 7:48 PM
there are alot of kit guns built by newbies. it's not always the mags fault...

pinheadbob2002
03-04-2007, 8:18 PM
there are alot of kit guns built by newbies. it's not always the mags fault...

I hope not, since I paid some one to build it (and I doubt that is the problem) - I have three mags. First all the followers are at different heights from the top of the mag to the top of the follower. I did not take them apart - to see if springs are at different heights and different spring rates.
Also all three mags act totally different - and produce different problems. This is consistent.
So I do not think it is a "newbie" build is the issue. But I will keep that advice in mind as I trouble shoot further.

tenpercentfirearms
03-09-2007, 9:40 PM
CDNN is out. The 10 rounders I got with the WASRs I sold suck and I want to try and find some reliable ones for my customers. Anyone have an suggestions? If I have to I will get the JPGLee/RSLVR mags, so hopefully they will e-mail me soon with prices.

rssslvr
03-09-2007, 9:47 PM
Wes we will get you prices soon.JP has been sick and we want to get a bunch made up so that if you order we can send them to you right away.Sorry for the delays,

icormba
03-09-2007, 9:55 PM
Never tried the 5 rounders, but the 10 rounders made in China or Eastern Europe have been flawless.