PDA

View Full Version : Norinco 56S-1 rear sight question

lomalinda
12-10-2011, 5:35 PM
Attached is a picture of folding stock rifle of mine that features the worst accuracy I've encountered to date. I'm not sure if the rear sight is slightly rotated a bit to the left relative to the front sight.

I have tried fooling around with the front sight adjustment tools and I've failed to consistently land on paper even at the measly distance of 25 feet. None of many other AKs whose sights have adjusted have proved so resistant to improvement like this one's have.

I've had several different people try it out, and each has found it essentially worthless as is.

Can anyone give me some pointers here?

Thanks!

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=126005&d=1323571100

Q
12-10-2011, 6:55 PM
The sight block looks like it's tilted to the left. Can't believe that it won't hit paper at 25yrds though. Barrel bent? Kinda reminds me of 9rota and the guy with the pkm. :D

lomalinda
12-10-2011, 7:31 PM
barrel is not visibly bent. even with skewed rear sight it should at least group on paper.

going to take it back range again soon and play with.her a bit more.

meanwhile, my polytech national match is driving 2 inch groups at 100 yards with Yugoslavian corrosive ammo. go figure.

SVT-40
12-10-2011, 7:47 PM
If the sights don't move around then they are not the issue.

In all likelihood it's another issue such as a bad barrel crown or some other issue.

Additionally have you tried to shoot the rifle using different brands of ammo?

It could just be a bad barrel and will never shoot to any discernible pattern.

MrPlink
12-10-2011, 8:59 PM
yep, bad barrel, crown, rifling etc etc def fit the description.
Even if the sights are way off, you should still be able to kentucy windage yourself onto paper and get some consistency that way

lomalinda
12-11-2011, 4:15 AM
Not sure if these pictures illustrate the situation, but here goes: