12-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Decided to post here because it looked pretty damn dry

I use
101 holsters
Pretty cost effective
Function well
Look solid
Good customer service

Buy here (http://www.gonetraining.blogspot.com)

Review here (http://youtu.be/tkWkp7jXXSg)

bsg
12-10-2011, 9:14 AM
it is a bit dry here; still... one of my favorite places to visit when the rain comes.

welcome to the forum.

jrygrim
12-10-2011, 11:39 AM
it is a bit dry here; still... one of my favorite places to visit when the rain comes.

welcome to the forum.

Thank you

bsg
12-11-2011, 9:51 AM
i am a fan of the old gurus of gun leather. i very recently picked up two older Alessi "Hideout" IWB holsters from online auctions; 1 for G17 and 1 for G19. these were both made during the late Lou Alessi's lifetime and are very comfortable. the retention strap closure unsnaps as the gun is pulled from the holster; you've got the protection of a retention strap without having to manually release the snap at point of closure. the quality of these holsters... is top notch.

bsg
12-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Jerry... thanks for the review of your holster. looks like a good fit.

jrygrim
12-11-2011, 12:23 PM
i am a fan of the old gurus of gun leather. i very recently picked up two older Alessi "Hideout" IWB holsters from online auctions; 1 for G17 and 1 for G19. these were both made during the late Lou Alessi's lifetime and are very comfortable. the retention strap closure unsnaps as the gun is pulled from the holster; you've got the protection of a retention strap without having to manually release the snap at point of closure. the quality of these holsters... is top notch.

I have not heard of this design. I will have to look at it more it sounds interesting.

I don't use leather holsters anymore as I do not "enjoy" having to strap in my firearm, when it's already going to be buried by clothes.

Nevertheless your holster sounds interesting.

socalblue
12-11-2011, 4:24 PM

heheh. Same holster I have used for the 1911 for 30 years.

jrygrim
12-11-2011, 4:45 PM
Jerry... thanks for the review of your holster. looks like a good fit.

Thank you for your comment. I was trying to find a solid alternative to Raven holsters. I love their holsters, but they charge too much, have way too long of a turn around time. There were some other guys making custom kydex holsters but then they tended to charge prices similar to Raven and have inadequate turn around times (IMO).

In my other videos I'm usually using 101 holsters. I realized after the video was all done I made a rookie mistake...Didn't actually live fire with the holster, damn it... better luck next time.

thanks again

bsg
12-11-2011, 7:09 PM
heheh. Same holster I have used for the 1911 for 30 years.

then i'm preachin to the choir here. ;)

Thank you for your comment. I was trying to find a solid alternative to Raven holsters. I love their holsters, but they charge too much, have way too long of a turn around time. There were some other guys making custom kydex holsters but then they tended to charge prices similar to Raven and have inadequate turn around times (IMO).

In my other videos I'm usually using 101 holsters. I realized after the video was all done I made a rookie mistake...Didn't actually live fire with the holster, damn it... better luck next time.

thanks again

your video was done quite well. video reviews frequently are boring to me. i actually watched your review all the way through.

Ubermcoupe
12-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the review Jerry. I have yet to see these but now I will definitely be taking a look, especially because they come in OD Green!!!

Nice bathroom BTW, like that countertop. :thumbsup:

jrygrim
12-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the review Jerry. I have yet to see these but now I will definitely be taking a look, especially because they come in OD Green!!!

Nice bathroom BTW, like that countertop. :thumbsup:

LOL

It's the quality of information that counts right? Not where it's coming from... :whistling:

thank u btw

jrygrim
12-14-2011, 2:29 AM
does anyone here make their own holsters? I don't just mean kydex based holsters either.

jrygrim
01-15-2012, 2:01 PM
Another holster I've been using recently
A Safariland 6285

LINK TO REVIEW (http://posttraining.blogspot.com/2012/01/safariland-6285-holster.html)

Sorry no video this time, just the text.