PDA

View Full Version : Complete Upper w/ Low Profile Gas Block?

MaximusFSU
12-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Hey All!

Been doing a ton of research and hope to start my first AR15 build sometime after the new year. I have pretty much all my parts picked out, except for my upper. I initially wanted a Riflegear 16" complete quad rail upper, but recently I've taken a shine to the VLTOR CASV-M free float handguard system. Since it requires a low profile gasblock on a carbine or mid length gas system, I was wondering if anyone knew of any complete uppers that come this way, WITHOUT a rail system already in place. I don't want to pay for something I don't need.

I'm living in an apartment at the moment so I don't have a workbench, otherwise I would just buy a standard m4 upper with a front sight post and cut/grind it off.

I might still do that if anyone can recommend a good gunsmith in LA area who does that kind of work for reasonable rates.

For anyone who's interested, here's my ideal build.

Spikes Stripped Pirate Lower (Colorfill all FDE except safe: white)
PSA MOE lower build kit (FDE)
VLTOR CASV-M w/ VLTOR front bus (FDE)
Troy Industries Rear Folding Battle Sight (FDE)
EOTech XPS-2 w/ 3x Magnifier (brand tbd)
TBD: 5.56 Upper w/ 16 inch barrel w/ low pro gas block (ideally chrome lined 1:7)
Magpul BAD Lever
Battlecomp 2.0
Not sure about vertical grips/tac lights yet.

Thanks guys!

MaximusFSU
12-09-2011, 1:23 PM
True. For this build though, I want to go with flip up sights and no front sight post. I want to get a nice clean picture through that expensive *** eotech i plan to buy:D

Thinking i'll probably go carbine length to keep it all internal behind the handguard.

tomd1584
12-09-2011, 1:25 PM
I think Riflegear offers carbine & mid-length uppers without handguards and a low-pro gas block.

Noah3683
12-09-2011, 1:30 PM
I know they have a barreled upper with lo pro block. Bcg and ch are separate though