PDA

View Full Version : Custom cut foam Pelican cases?

Agent Akin
12-09-2011, 6:51 AM
Greetings all!

Does anyone know how one would go about getting a pelican case with custom cut foam? Preferably from a place in LA-ish regions...

Pelican has info on their website, but they talk about "minimum order size" and stuff. Google lists a lot of places that apparently do it, but I'm hoping someone knows of a place where I could bring in my rifle and whatnot to have it made to perfectly fit...

Thanks!

walletclan
12-09-2011, 9:24 AM
Pelican is in Torrance. You can go there and get foam. Cutting it yourself is very easy.

Agent Akin
12-09-2011, 2:51 PM
Pelican is in Torrance. You can go there and get foam. Cutting it yourself is very easy.

Yeah, I've driven by their location. I want to get it professionally water cut, though; I'd just mess it up.

dctex99
12-09-2011, 3:15 PM
Just use a razor blade like you scrape a window with; mine looks pretty professional and didn't take that long; just take your time!!

bsg
12-09-2011, 8:27 PM
Pelican Armory specializes in custom foam for weapons cases; it's what they do. you can send an email to... paul@pelicanarmory.com

phone: 626-321-7638.

i spoke with Paul tonight; i called moments ago to ensure the phone number i had is correct, and expected to get a voice mail. i got Paul instead of a voice mail. he was very helpful and offered any assistance i might need. they WILL cut the foam for your specific gun model. so there ya go.

a big thanks to Paul of Pelican Armory... for friendly, kind assistance in answering my questions after the close of the business day.

Agent Akin
12-09-2011, 8:50 PM
Pelican Armory specializes in custom foam for weapons cases; it's what they do. you can send an email to... paul@pelicanarmory.com

phone: 626-321-7638.

i spoke with Paul tonight; i called moments ago to ensure the phone number i had is correct, and expected to get a voice mail. i got Paul instead of a voice mail. he was very helpful and offered any assistance i might need. they WILL cut the foam for your specific gun model. so there ya go.

a big thanks to Paul of Pelican Armory... for friendly, kind assistance in answering my questions after the close of the business day.

Excellent, and close enough that I can bring my toys out for custom fitting... thanks!

Agent Akin
12-09-2011, 8:51 PM
As a base idea, anyone know off hand which Pelican case comfortably fits a shorty AR?

bsg
12-09-2011, 9:34 PM
Excellent, and close enough that I can bring my toys out for custom fitting... thanks!

i'm glad the information was helpful to you.

bigmike82
12-10-2011, 12:35 AM
If you ever end up needing something else, CPIndustries in Ontario is outstanding.

They do really good work...they don't just cut foam, they replace the center foam with their own specially shaped stuff. It's really good.

XYZ
12-10-2011, 12:03 PM
As a base idea, anyone know off hand which Pelican case comfortably fits a shorty AR?

The 1700 series is for long guns. That said, I think the 1700 would work.