PDA

View Full Version : Stripped lowers from NV.

twitchy
12-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Driving home to ca from us tomorrow. New Frontier Armory in NV has 3 aero precision stripped lowers on sale for $210. Will it be difficult for me to register the lowers in ca? Is this legal?

Nismo
12-08-2011, 10:45 PM
$210 each or for all 3?

Have them ship them to your FFL in CA and do the DROS.

ke6guj
12-08-2011, 10:46 PM
not difficult at all. You pay NFA for the lowers and have them ship them to a local CA dealer willing to do the transfer for you. The dealer will then DROS them to you in the same way that they would DROS a firearm you purchased from them. The dealer can charge you the $25 DROS + whatever dealer fees they wish. That fee can range from $10 to over $100, depending on the dealer.

Bolillo
12-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Driving home to ca from us tomorrow. New Frontier Armory in NV has 3 aero precision stripped lowers on sale for $210. Will it be difficult for me to register the lowers in ca? Is this legal?

Are you currently a resident of CA? If you are a resident, then you will NOT be able to legally acquire them directly in NV. The NV seller will have to transfer them to a CA FFL, who will transfer them to you only after your complete the DROS process.

oldcoot
12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Check out TDS in Rocklin. I think their price is a bit lower and they are in Calif.

SmellOfCordite
12-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Check out TDS in Rocklin. I think their price is a bit lower and they are in Calif.

x2 I think mine was $105.00 otd but still a great price.

(slightly out of spec tho)

Quiet
12-09-2011, 4:22 PM
not difficult at all. You pay NFA for the lowers and have them ship them to a local CA dealer willing to do the transfer for you. The dealer will then DROS them to you in the same way that they would DROS a firearm you purchased from them. The dealer can charge you the $25 DROS + whatever dealer fees they wish. That fee can range from $10 to over $100, depending on the dealer.

What he said.

Federal laws prohibits you from taking possession of the firearms in a state that you do not reside in, they must be shipped to a FFL dealer in your state of residence.