PDA

View Full Version : >>>Need info on TANTAL 5.45x39<<<<

ollie415
12-08-2011, 7:55 PM
what sup fellas...can someone give me some feedback on an AK74 POLISH TANTAL.... i will be drosing one this weekend. I own 2 ak47 and this is my first 74 just need feedback on her on your experience...good or bad.

owner had her for 5 years and never shot it.
Built by Interarms using an all matching 1992 kit.

MY CHRISTMAS GIFT TO ME....

Thanks in advance

joe_sun
12-08-2011, 8:40 PM
what sup fellas...can someone give me some feedback on an AK74 POLISH TANTAL.... i will be drosing one this weekend. I own 2 ak47 and this is my first 74 just need feedback on her on your experience...good or bad.

owner had her for 5 years and never shot it.
Built by Interarms using an all matching 1992 kit.

MY CHRISTMAS GIFT TO ME....

Thanks in advance

The Tantal isn't really an AK74 aside from the caliber and the 90 degree gas block. The Tantal is quite unique in many ways.

For example if the model you're looking at was built on a Nodak Spud Tantal receiver it will have a left side selector lever that's just for looks. There are many other Tantal only parts such as the right side selector lever, the handguard retainer that allows you to remove the lower handguard without removing the gas tube. The front sight, brake, and gas block and cleaning rod are also Tantal only parts. The cleaning rod is really really thin compared to Kalashnikovs.

The barrel on the Tantal is threaded like an AKM or 47 while the 74 has the threads on the FSB. Some of the rear sights have tritium night sights, there isn't a lever to release the gas tube and the wire folding stock is different than other countries.

None of this is bad at all, in fact quite the opposite. I love my Tantal.

As far as bad, as long as it's built well and it's an original barrel I don't see how there could be any problems. Poland's Radom factory is well known for it's quality.

Here's a pic of my Tantal and another of my Bulgy 74s so you can compare
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn109/calgunpics/IMG_4809.jpghttp://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn109/calgunpics/IMG_4805.jpg

bighead
12-08-2011, 8:48 PM
My selector lever throws the safety to the on position.

NorCalK9.com
12-08-2011, 9:00 PM
Why didnt you build a bulgarian ak74?
I want a tantal too but too many kits keep catchin my eye...
I'm building a poliah sunday, a romy monday and i'll still have 2 kits to build. When you gna come shooting with us?

ollie415
12-08-2011, 9:13 PM
Why didnt you build a bulgarian ak74?
I want a tantal too but too many kits keep catchin my eye...
I'm building a poliah sunday, a romy monday and i'll still have 2 kits to build. When you gna come shooting with us?

just wanted a 5.45 right away... still got my pmkms kit just need a barrel and the flat and the other stuff from ak builder to build...dont have time to build right now, maybe when the new year comes around :D....nico and i are planning on going to hollister on the 18th on a BLM land to go shooting..you going????

chead
12-08-2011, 9:21 PM
Tantals are cool and getting harder to find. I've been waffling over getting one and I'm going to have to do it or not pretty soon. I just wish I could get my hands on a Beryl kit :(

Beatone
12-08-2011, 9:25 PM
I say buy and enjoy. I have one from Interarms and the fit and finish are great. One of my favorite guns to shoot. I won't be selling it anytime soon if ever.

ollie415
12-08-2011, 9:28 PM
Tantals are cool and getting harder to find. I've been waffling over getting one and I'm going to have to do it or not pretty soon. I just wish I could get my hands on a Beryl kit :(

thats why i jumped on this one when i saw it for sale,,.,. good luck on finding your kit :D

ollie415
12-08-2011, 9:32 PM
I say buy and enjoy. I have one from Interarms and the fit and finish are great. One of my favorite guns to shoot. I won't be selling it anytime soon if ever.

...im getting her arrested and put in jail Saturday..lolz

NorCalK9.com
12-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Lmao nah me n a friend heading out to nevada soon so we can use our evil mags and other cool stuff.

luchador768
12-08-2011, 10:49 PM
I have a Tantal, it's a pretty great rifle, and has some differences that Joe already pointed out. Mine has a US barrel which is not chrome lined, a fairly big downside if you shoot corrosive a lot and are lazy. It's a good addition to any AK collection and a lot of fun to shoot.

chead
12-08-2011, 11:20 PM
thats why i jumped on this one when i saw it for sale,,.,. good luck on finding your kit :D

I will have a giant father time beard before Beryls come to the USA ;)

ollie415
12-09-2011, 7:02 AM
Lmao nah me n a friend heading out to nevada soon so we can use our evil mags and other cool stuff.

That should be fun..

luckystrike
12-09-2011, 2:39 PM
No takedown lever for the gastube? How do you remove it then?

JSW79
12-13-2011, 2:54 PM
It has a tention screw that pops loose the foregrips, then the gas tube can be pulled.