PDA

View Full Version : VTAC TRX 11" Handguards

icenix
12-08-2011, 6:24 PM
Does anyone have these handguards? If so, how do you like them? Where does VTAC fall on the quality spectrum?

If you happen to have or have seen this particular handguard, does color match the a normal black lower pretty well, or does the texture make it look different?

Also, there is only a short piece of rail on the bottom, but do you know if more can be added?

Thanks

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee415/icenix25/BCM.jpg

damon1272
12-08-2011, 6:27 PM
I have the troy version of this as they are one in the same with just different holes. Great quality, the color matches great and they are light. I would recommend on. To my knowledge Vtac does not put their name on anything of questionable quality

Josh3239
12-08-2011, 6:30 PM
I have them and I love them. They are actually made by Troy and cut by VTAC. I've owned DD, MI, YHM, and UTG, IMO they are the best handguards out there. They are skinny and lightweight, which is awesome. They are free floating to give better accuracy potential. I personally can't stand shooters who want to put rails on everything, its over the top. With these rails you bolt them on where you need them. With just a tad of loctite (anything bolted onto your rifle should be loctited, that is how so many people lose irons and other things) she stays on real tight. Color is ok but I am not worried about color, I don't own them to be cool.

icenix
12-08-2011, 6:52 PM
Yeah, I like it because it looks lighter, and who really needs rails all the way down on all sides. I little here and a little there works for me. I would just like to put a angled foregrip on the bottom along with enough room for a bipod, but there isn't enough room for both.

Hoop
12-08-2011, 7:17 PM
I have the Troy TRX and a YHM one that is similar. Troy is lighter but I'm not too keen on the way the handguard locks to the barrel nut.

In_this_city
12-08-2011, 7:32 PM
I got it because I had no need for a quad rail handguard. I love the VTAC. Lightweight and thin. I got it in tan.

Dan-0-
12-08-2011, 9:09 PM
I have the Troy TRX and a YHM one that is similar. Troy is lighter but I'm not too keen on the way the handguard locks to the barrel nut.

I agree, it is solid none the less. The VTAC rails may be incorporating the TROY alpha rail mounting system in the future.

Dan-0-
12-08-2011, 9:13 PM

I was also skeptical when I first put one on, it is solid though. The VTAC rails may be incorporating the TROY alpha rail mounting system in the future. So if you're flexible with your purchase time-line you might want to wait until SHOT show rolls around to see what they come up with.