PDA

View Full Version : Kings Gun Works.

WINGEDSWORD
03-03-2007, 8:36 PM
This is for those who live in the Los Angeles area. I went to the Glendale Gun show today. Big disappointment. High prices, not much selection. After leaving the show, I dropped into Kings Gun works in Glendale, A shop that I have been doing business with for over 30 years. I wanted to purcase and have them install an extended slide release and an extended safety on my Colt Gold cup. The clerk told me that they had such a work load, that I would have to bring it back in a month or so. I said "That's o.k., it's not my only .45.
I stayed, chatting with other customers for a couple of minutes, then turned to leave. Just as I did, the Gunsmith came out and said," Fitting the safety is all you need?"
I replied,"that's all." Ten minutes later, I paid for my parts and was on my way, with my Colt ready for the range. That's Service! As far as I'm concerned, Chip McCormic, Wilson and others may make fine parts, but the only parts in my Colts will be Genuine Colt Parts or Kings parts. I have a Combat Commander, that Kings installed
King-Tappen sights on, 30 years ago. That gun has had thousands of rounds through it, and The sights are still as solid and true as the day they were installed!

Davis
03-03-2007, 8:44 PM
its been years since I was in there but I loved that place.
Glad to hear that the service is as good as it was in the early 90's

rorschach
03-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Nice! Glad to hear the rumor that they were shut down was false.

May have to drop some toys off for them to tinker with real soon.

HowardW56
03-05-2007, 7:23 AM
This is for those who live in the Los Angeles area. I went to the Glendale Gun show today. Big disappointment. High prices, not much selection. After leaving the show, I dropped into Kings Gun works in Glendale, A shop that I have been doing business with for over 30 years. I wanted to purcase and have them install an extended slide release and an extended safety on my Colt Gold cup. The clerk told me that they had such a work load, that I would have to bring it back in a month or so. I said "That's o.k., it's not my only .45.
I stayed, chatting with other customers for a couple of minutes, then turned to leave. Just as I did, the Gunsmith came out and said," Fitting the safety is all you need?"
I replied,"that's all." Ten minutes later, I paid for my parts and was on my way, with my Colt ready for the range. That's Service! As far as I'm concerned, Chip McCormic, Wilson and others may make fine parts, but the only parts in my Colts will be Genuine Colt Parts or Kings parts. I have a Combat Commander, that Kings installed
King-Tappen sights on, 30 years ago. That gun has had thousands of rounds through it, and The sights are still as solid and true as the day they were installed!

King's has always done excellent work... I prefer their parts over Wilson's... But I use only Wilson Mags...

Chip McCormik leaves much to be desired in my book....

AYEAREFIFTEEN
03-05-2007, 4:09 PM
King's customer service has been A LOT better than it used to be. I remember going in there a couple times 7-8 years ago and I was not impressed with the service.

I started going back about a year ago and the service is excellent. I had an older Uberti peacemaker replica they did some work on and it came out very well. Their prices are also fairly resonable compared to other local vendors.

rayra
03-06-2007, 1:08 AM
I've been meaning to go down there to buy some powder, thanks for reminding me.

michaels
03-06-2007, 9:11 PM
Kings makes a grip safety for the 1911 that is so big you could land a plane on it...the best parts for 1911's that I've found have come from Kings...I only get to LA once or twice a year, but next time down there, I'm stopping by just to say that I've been to Kings...

Great parts, been doing mail order with them for the last couple of years.

michaels

Cardinal Sin
03-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Still waiting for my 1911 to come home. . . going through withdrawl. . . I get the shakes, dream of my gun . . . feel it's weight on my hip but alas, it's still at Kings. But I guess some things are worth the wait so I try not to b!tch too much since there were 40 guns ahead of mine two weeks ago.

randy
03-07-2007, 1:19 AM
If you've ever had Kings build a complete gun for you you wouldn't need to ask who makes the best 1911.