PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm bolt wont hold back

Deadon
12-08-2011, 5:27 PM
With my Magpul mag. It was working fine and all the sudden notta. So I popped in a Cmag metal mag and it fixed the problem. Anyone else have this problem with Magpul mags?

Mail Clerk
12-08-2011, 7:00 PM
With my Magpul mag. It was working fine and all the sudden notta. So I popped in a Cmag metal mag and it fixed the problem. Anyone else have this problem with Magpul mags?

Deadon,

I never had this happen to me BUT it's obvious the Magpul spring is weak to trip the bolt lock lever. If the metal Cmag works better then just use those. Magpuls are good for general purposes but they don't endure.

In the past the only plastic magazines that worked well for my was from the Isreal "Orlite" battl mags but of course they're not legal to use in California.

On a personal basis I only shoot from the bench and so usually I only load my mags to 10 rounds anyway. Most of the time 5 rounds.

Mail Clerk

MrPlink
12-08-2011, 7:05 PM
how many mags have you experienced this on?
Probably just the spring

In the past the only plastic magazines that worked well for my was from the Isreal "Orlite" battl mags but of course they're not legal to use in California.

and they are illegal to use here why now?

triggs75
12-08-2011, 8:20 PM
I have heard this be an issue with the 20 round mags, though thats all I use and have yet to have that issue. What Pmag version do you have that is causing the issue?

Chad

Deadon
12-08-2011, 9:05 PM
Nope its a 30. Man this mag is only six months old.

FatalKitty
12-08-2011, 9:08 PM
Deadon,

I never had this happen to me BUT it's obvious the Magpul spring is weak to trip the bolt lock lever. If the metal Cmag works better then just use those. Magpuls are good for general purposes but they don't endure.

On a personal basis I only shoot from the bench and so usually I only load my mags to 10 rounds anyway. Most of the time 5 rounds.

Mail Clerk

say again?m can you site the Penal Code section that makes this illegal? if you can't you're just spreading bull****

bloodhawke83
12-08-2011, 9:12 PM
Nope its a 30. Man this mag is only six months old.

Ar-15? Bring it to the range this Saturday and I'll test it on mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Deadon
12-08-2011, 9:14 PM
I have other Pmags I tested it on and not a problem. Oh do you mean test it on other AR's? Ill be right back,lol:D

cbaer5
12-08-2011, 9:16 PM
its the mag body being thicker and the follower being smaller those two things combined are the problem with the pmags. if you look at them with the upper off they barely engage the bolt catch so add a little ware and there you go. what they need to do is make a bolt catch with a little longer tab.

Deadon
12-08-2011, 9:29 PM
its the mag body being thicker and the follower being smaller those two things combined are the problem with the pmags. if you look at them with the upper off they barely engage the bolt catch so add a little ware and there you go. what they need to do is make a bolt catch with a little longer tab.

I think this is it. I tried it on four of my other AR's and notta.