PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Stag?

SkyStorm82
03-03-2007, 7:36 PM
I overheard a vendor at the Glendale Gun Show say that Stag is going out of business. I wouldn't have thought that though, considering that on all the gun boards people generally have a good opinion of Stag.

Anyone know anything?

Sydwaiz
03-03-2007, 7:49 PM
He was probably trying to sell a more expensive receiver to someone.

bobothebigdog
03-03-2007, 8:02 PM
No, I doubt it's true. Their stuff sells well.

xenophobe
03-03-2007, 8:03 PM
Stag? Going out of business? lol.... that's funny. Pure BS.

SkyStorm82
03-03-2007, 8:05 PM
Ok good...that's what I thought.

James R.
03-03-2007, 8:18 PM
LOL that is comical to say the least. If that were to happen I'd be quick to snatch up a new bolt carrier and bolt for my LH Stag :-)

Regards,

James R.

Technical Ted
03-03-2007, 8:35 PM
Another gun show vendor sowing fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Stag (http://www.stagarms.com/) is the commercial brand name for Continental Machine & Tool (CMT) (http://www.continentalmachinetool.com). CMT is a military contractor/subcontractor who isn't going to be going out of business anytime soon. Even if Stag disappeared, CMT parts would still be available.

If there is any doubt the two companies are closely tied together, check out their addresses:
Continental Machine Tool Company, Inc.
533 John Downey Drive, New Britain, CT 06051

Stag
515 John Downey Drive, New Britain, CT 06051

Google Maps shows their doors separated by 148 feet.

FWIW CMT also happens to be within seven miles of Colt Defense.

WINGEDSWORD
03-03-2007, 8:41 PM
Skystorm, were you as disappointed with the Show as I was?:(

hoffmang
03-03-2007, 9:15 PM
A good friend and fellow poster here was on a cruise to Alaska this summer with his wife. As small world luck would have it, one of the guys at their assigned table asked him if he'd heard about the AR craze in California. Turns out the guy at the table's brother owns STAG. We caused such a leap in demand that they certainly noticed and knew about California specifically. I doubt that they would be having problems after the demand spike we all handed them on top of war production.

-Gene

Technical Ted
03-03-2007, 11:38 PM
A good friend and fellow poster here was on a cruise to Alaska this summer with his wife. As small world luck would have it, one of the guys at their assigned table asked him if he'd heard about the AR craze in California. Turns out the guy at the table's brother owns STAG. We caused such a leap in demand that they certainly noticed and knew about California specifically. I doubt that they would be having problems after the demand spike we all handed them on top of war production.
2007 may be another good year for AR15 lower receiver sales. HR 1022 has people on other forums concerned that their freedom to purchase semiauto firearms are limited. There's a lot of discussion regarding "best" lower manufacturers and it looks like there will be a run on lowers over the next few months.

NeoWeird
03-04-2007, 1:00 AM
2007 may be another good year for AR15 lower receiver sales. HR 1022 has people on other forums concerned that their freedom to purchase semiauto firearms are limited. There's a lot of discussion regarding "best" lower manufacturers and it looks like there will be a run on lowers over the next few months.

Oh no, Techincal Ted is uber evil right now. :eek:

As for Stag, well it's been covered. It's not going anywhere and at the VERY worst they would stop selling under their own name and still go on producing for their contracts and sub-contracts.

Stag has it good and strong right now, and I highly doubt they will go out for a long time. It's like Colt, they may discontinue a model or stop civilian sales of certain items, but chances are they won't go out unless they sell to retire and then get gutted by their buyer.