View Full Version : How are Howa rifles?

03-03-2007, 6:27 PM
They seems to be good rifles at pretty affordable prices!! Seems to be well made (Made in Japan)....

How do the M1500 compare to Rem700s??

PS. Their .223 seems to be 1:12.... does that mean that I can't shoot 77gr rounds?

03-03-2007, 6:30 PM
I think there was another thread recently where someone said that they were the secret jewels of the gun world (or something similar)

03-03-2007, 6:34 PM
Remington told Zumbo to stick it where his AR-hating arse don't shine, my money's going to Remington.:D

03-03-2007, 6:39 PM
I shot one today(.223), it feels GREAT..... it has a syn stock that has a cheek piece already....

The guy told me that it costed him only $670.... including a 4-16x scope!!

03-03-2007, 8:26 PM
I bought one 9 days ago when Turner's was having a sale on them. Howa 1500 with 3-9x40 scope for around 420 I think.

03-03-2007, 11:42 PM
I bought one with a scope a few weeks back from turners on sale, just shot it at angeles recently. A few people asked me about it, I mistakenly said it wasmid 500's in price but it was more like 650, for a 20" heavy barrel .308 with a vented fiberglass stock and a nikko sterling platinum 4-16x scope. I was able to get a couple sub moa groups with some black hills ammo. Then since it was my first time at angeles the metal plates were very distracting and I couldn't help myself seeing how far I can hit. I previously owned the a PSS that I regret selling very much, but for the Howa, you can't beat the price with what it can do. I stuck with the aluminum bases and rings it came with but may change to some leupold prw's later on. The nikko sterling glass is suprisingly clear, and I had no problem viewing the 500 yard plate that I couldn't hit.

The only thing significant about the PSS was the the bolt was much tighter when putting a round into battery that the Howa bolt, but I am very happy with the results of the Howa.

03-03-2007, 11:58 PM
i like Howa. if they are not good, they would not be in business. i woould gladely buy any of their rifle. such an affordable price.

i understand the superior quality of tooling and manufacturing process of Remington. but you can't say the Japanese don't know jack about tooling and manufactureing process.

unlike U.S. or other developed nation, japanese take more pride in their work and quality of their product than us. our labor is expensive so we subcontract everything out to other country with cheaper labor and operating cost. then ship it back here to be assemble, if it not already is.

if you know anything about how they run their business, you will understand how it is over there. don't get me wrong, the U.S. manufacture or our allied does outstanding job. but we have our own way of doing things and so do they.i am an american and proud of our product, it just so happen that i have seen their industry, their management & quality control system and ect. To them, it not just a job. it's more than that. hard to explain.

is CZ a good gun? where are they made?

how many of your appliance or car you own in your home are Jap. desighn?

sorry about the ramble...if it sound like one.

03-04-2007, 7:06 AM
Do they have a model that is .308 and has a 24" heavy barrel? And a stock with a cheek piece? And with a scope? If so, how much would I be looking at?

How much is a comparable rifle cost if it is a Rem700?

03-05-2007, 9:39 AM
I think this may be what you are looking for:

03-05-2007, 9:41 AM
My Howa AR-180 never fails to impress.:cool: