PDA

View Full Version : sig p226 vs kimber custom target II

zorkieo
03-03-2007, 6:37 PM
hello all. i am going to be buying my first auto soon, and i dont konw wether to pick the sig p226 in 9mm or a kimber target custom II. both cost abbout the same. My purposes will be target practice and plinking. for me accuracy is primary to almost all else. i am good at handeling larger cal's, but if i was to get a cig i would stick with 9mm to save money on ammo. please make your recomendation if you can. tell me why. thanks everyone.
z-

leelaw
03-03-2007, 7:06 PM
I can't choose between the two given your requirements. I like my Kimber and Sigs.

Have you had the chance to handle the two? Which feels better to you? Do you have experience with a .45?

DRM6000
03-03-2007, 7:20 PM
two different creatures. flip a coin. you know you'll eventually own both of them anyway. :D

zorkieo
03-03-2007, 8:53 PM
its true i will eventually own both. mabey ill refraise the question. i have handled 45's by the way.

1. which is more accurate
2. which will still be shooting in 30 years?

Travis
03-03-2007, 9:07 PM
its true i will eventually own both. mabey ill refraise the question. i have handled 45's by the way.

1. which is more accurate
2. which will still be shooting in 30 years?

This thread caught my eye because I bought both a 9mm P226 and a Kimber Custom II just last week :D

1) Both guns are more accurate than you are. Between the Sig or Kimber, you won't have to worry about accuracy.

2) Either gun should still be shooting in 30 years. Of course, how you treat your guns will have much more of an impact on useable lifespan than choosing between Sig/Kimber. However, I suspect we will all be using laser guns within the next 30 years...

If target shooting and plinking is your main use, I vote to go with a 9mm. Soft recoil and very cheap ammo will mean more range time for your money.

Of course, if you have the means, you should buy both.

zorkieo
03-03-2007, 10:40 PM
i appretiate all this advise. truth be told must guns are more accurate then we are. and while my gut tells me that a cig in 9mm makes more sence for a first semi, i have hisorically shot 1911 .45's better then any other autos. and not nice kimbers, but cheap wwII remakes and low a few lower end springfields. i guess everyone is getting to the same point that i should get both, mabey ill put in the extra time at work and try for both. thanks all
:)

zippo
03-03-2007, 10:51 PM
9 mm ammo is cost less then 45 acp. U can have more fun shoot 9 mm then 45 acp because less recoil and hold more round (sig is 10 rd. ...kimber is 8 rd)
I have both and my choice will be Sig....