PDA

View Full Version : Batteries at Home Depot

madland
12-08-2011, 9:51 AM
I was doing some Christmas shopping for brother-in-laws yesterday at Home Depot and saw they have a 60pk of Rayovac batteries for $10!! 30 are AA and 30 are AAA each in their own small case and then banded together as one small package. They have a 7yr shelf life and advertise they are as good as Duracell. Great for all the toys the kids have or might be getting in a few weeks. For the price you can't beat it to stock up for emergencies or for your disaster kit to sit in and hopefully never get used. My .02

12-08-2011, 9:53 AM
AWESOME! Thanks for sharing! Putting on my To Do list for todays shopping list :)

problemchild
12-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Costco had some jumbo packs of batteries including eneloops. I did not see the prices but Im sure they are decent.

thenodnarb
12-08-2011, 11:30 AM
I've had many problems with non-rechargeable batteries. I've bought many brand new and they were dead out of the box. The "expiration" date was 4-5 years away, yet they were dead. I don't buy batteries that aren't rechargeable anymore. too much risk IMO.I buy rechargeable only, and keep them in use.
Some batteries self discharge like 1% per DAY. If I were to buy non-rechargeables it would be lithium. They have a very low self discharge rate.

Shellshocker66
12-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah I got in on the Lowes special when they had the 30pack for $4. on black Friday. Was just in home depot this morning and noticed the sale on the Rayovac for $9.99 which are fairly decent for standard batteries.

dctex99
12-08-2011, 12:01 PM
I've had many problems with non-rechargeable batteries. I've bought many brand new and they were dead out of the box. The "expiration" date was 4-5 years away, yet they were dead. I don't buy batteries that aren't rechargeable anymore. too much risk IMO.I buy rechargeable only, and keep them in use.
Some batteries self discharge like 1% per DAY. If I were to buy non-rechargeables it would be lithium. They have a very low self discharge rate.

I have had the same problems with Re-chargables; they won't hold a charge so you better be using them right away or they will be dead and need charging again when you need them....I buy a 4 pack everytime I see them for a great price and have never had a dead one; only buy Alkaline, NEVER "heavy duty"!!

devilinblack
12-08-2011, 1:04 PM
I just blew it and bought a ton on the current Woot deal (120 AA and 60 AAA) before noticing they were "heavy duty" and not alkaline.

I'm actually converting to all rechargeables, but figured I could stash these in the fridge in case of an emergency. I need to start paying more attention to battery prices I guess.

Sanderhawk
12-08-2011, 1:49 PM
Went to Home Depot today and got my 30AA and 30AAA for $9.97. Awsome deal. I got them for the biggest SHTF of all....When the TV remote goes dead. :)