PDA

View Full Version : UTG Handguard

neomedic
03-03-2007, 3:21 PM
I have a two part question. My buddy gave me a UTG carbine length quad rail (2 piece).

First question, I want to know if I am missing any parts, screws, etc. that I will need to install it. Here are some pics of what he gave me.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbOWzli4aNWLjY

Second, I know people have mixed feelings with UTG. I will be using my rifle for target shooting (paper plinking, having fun) and if I will ever need it if TSHF type situation. My primary home defense will by a Remington 870 and a H&K UPS 45 as a backup.

So if I ever need it, I want it be able to function as designed (say a riot situation, etc.) but those type situation are rare.

All inputs are welcomed and greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

neomedic
03-03-2007, 7:29 PM
Come on....I know you guys have some type of input.

Thanks

gn3hz3ku1*
03-03-2007, 7:57 PM
there are screws and the hex wrench.. everything else seems to be there

thomye
03-03-2007, 8:03 PM
who cares what other people think about the part. it was free, it looks like any other add-on quad rail that uses the delta ring. heck, i think new, the thing only costs $50, not a bad option for people on a budget. by the way, why couldn't you use it if TSHTF? a rail is a rail, the main purpose is to hold sh1t. in this case, it probably does a damn good job of it.

I think it looks fine, hope you enjoy it.

neomedic
03-03-2007, 8:08 PM
are there only suppose to be 4 screws? If so, I have them and they are screwed together to hold the 2 piece handguard together. If there is suppose to be more than four...please let me know...and where I can buy some.

thanks

gn3hz3ku1*
03-03-2007, 8:16 PM
it comes with 6.. the 2 are extras

!@#$
03-03-2007, 8:58 PM
i believe they are air soft parts...

maxicon
03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
I nearly bought one recently until a good price came up on a set of MI handguards. It gets good reviews over on arfcom from people who own one:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=302088

Sounds like it's a solid mounting set of handguards for a low price.