PDA

View Full Version : Monsterman Grips Are Here!!!! New And Improved

MonsterMan
03-03-2007, 11:26 AM
PATENT PENDING
http://www.monstermangrip.com/images/albums/NewAlbum_1de38/09MMGARJT.jpg
http://www.monstermangrip.com/images/albums/NewAlbum_1de38/10MMGARRRAVar.jpg

Yes, they are finally here. If you want a tactical style OLL where you can drop mags freely without having to fiddle with a tricky lock for your mag, than try out the new and improved MonsterMan Grip. You can use your legally owned hi-cap mags too!

They are made out of injection molded glass filled nylon. They are very very strong and fit perfectly. They were designed from a CAD AR15 receiver file for a perfect fit.

They look great. They feel even better. Wes is picking up his order up from me today, so he will have his available soon. I will send CWS theirs as soon as I can. I have some for local pick-ups. PM me and we can arrange it.

So this is who carries them as of now:

Ten Percent Firearms (http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=146&zenid=975a92ada863b70fda00f99a1a6bf095)

Cold War Shooters (http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=198&zenid=3ff74052ed3a00048e7a0d853a2551f3)

Ammo Bros (http://www.ammobros.com/)

San Jose Gun Exchange (http://www.gunexchange.com/)

Gun Runners (http://www.gunrunners.org/)

Metroshot (http://www.metroshotfirearms.com/)

Sonoma Firearms

DD's Ranch, LLC (http://www.ddsranch.com/)

Lan World Inc. (http://www.lanworldinc.com/)

I will approach more stores soon. I will add to the list when they agree to carry them.

Thanks everyone.

Just remember to follow the rules and to not add any of the banned features on your rifle while using the MMG. I recommend using the standard A2 stock. The mmg was designed with that stock in mind.

California Definition of Assault Weapon

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(1) a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one o=f the following:

(a) pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(b) thumbhole stock.
(c) folding or telescoping stock.
(d) grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(e) flash suppressor.
(f) forward pistol grip.

The following definitions apply to terms used in the identification of assault weapons pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:

(d) "pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon” means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing.

The MonsterMan Grip does not allow for a "pistol style grasp".

PATENT PENDING

Stanze
03-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Very cool! Congrats! I like the setup in those pics!:cool:

gn3hz3ku1*
03-03-2007, 11:29 AM
so when is the calguns monsterman meet? how many did you get in? and are you still willing to meet up with people?

MonsterMan
03-03-2007, 11:58 AM
If you are near Burbank, PM me and you can pick some up.

avidone
03-03-2007, 1:02 PM
Wow!

Teletiger7
03-03-2007, 1:30 PM
pm sent regarding local pickup! (Finally, i can start my gripless build :))

nosewitdot
03-03-2007, 2:03 PM
i never thought a rifle with a tumor grip could look so good

eje
03-03-2007, 2:14 PM
pm sent regarding local pickup! (Finally, i can start my gripless build :))

+1;)

marlim4
03-03-2007, 5:40 PM
That looks very good.

MonsterMan
03-03-2007, 5:45 PM
That looks very good.

It feels even better. :)

Cobrarlc
03-03-2007, 5:56 PM
Thanks MonsterMan...Just picked up two today. It was great to meet the inventor of this fine product.

capitol
03-03-2007, 5:58 PM
Woo Hoohttp://www.glocktalk.com/images/smilies/dancinsmiley.gifWoo Hoo

CWatson
03-03-2007, 6:20 PM
Except for the lowers themselves I think this is the best OLL product on the market in Cali now.

Now if someone ,hint hint, will come up with a A2 style stock that holds one or two spare 10 round mags, maybe the Monsterman stock ;) ?

CW

P.S.
My daughter was disappointed,she said you did not look like a monster at all.

rssslvr
03-03-2007, 6:38 PM
Wow MM those look great.Can't wait to get me hands on one.

SkyMag68
03-03-2007, 7:38 PM
its look great..got me thinkin abou another built w/out that evil lookin stuff..;)

Teletiger7
03-03-2007, 7:48 PM
Just picked up a new MM grip today. It looks and feels really nice. Good work! The grip texturing is a nice touch too(easier to grip). High quality.

MonsterMan
03-03-2007, 9:04 PM
I think Ammo Bros is going to have some at the Glendale Gun Show tomorrow. If you are going, look for them.

:)

Toolbox X
03-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Holy crap those look great! WTG MM! I can't wait to get mine!

-Grant

AggregatVier
03-04-2007, 2:21 AM
Now they just need a rubber plug so you can store things in the handle's empty space. :)

MonsterMan
03-04-2007, 7:13 AM
These things are selling like crazy. :)

Hunter
03-04-2007, 8:12 AM
These things are selling like crazy. :)

Did you expect otherwise?

tenpercentfirearms
03-04-2007, 9:42 AM
Did you expect otherwise?

When you have that much money on the line, you get nervous. I have been telling him not to worry and he keeps thinking I will jinx it. Screw superstition. This man is on fire!

permanent_45
03-04-2007, 9:59 AM
When you have that much money on the line, you get nervous. I have been telling him not to worry and he keeps thinking I will jinx it. Screw superstition. This man is on fire!

His idea is on fire but my barrel is not. I have to stop and reload. I would not have to do that with a pistol grip:D This grip is amazingly comfortable. I was lucky enough to get one of the samples. Loved it so much I ordered one more From Ten Percent.

Prc329
03-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Shoot, I bought two and will probably buy one more.

dwtt
03-04-2007, 5:01 PM
Do you know if Irvington Arms will get any of these grips?

kilword
03-04-2007, 5:31 PM
just ordered mine through 10% wes is da man!

RossRinSD
03-04-2007, 6:19 PM
I'm dying here... I ordered one from CWS a month ago. I've got to wait till they get theirs and then ship to me...

So, Wes, was the first day you put them on your website as bad as you thought?? If so, I can stop by and help box them up.. I'd do it for a free grip :D

MonsterMan
03-04-2007, 7:00 PM
I'm dying here... I ordered one from CWS a month ago. I've got to wait till they get theirs and then ship to me...

So, Wes, was the first day you put them on your website as bad as you thought?? If so, I can stop by and help box them up.. I'd do it for a free grip :D

I am sending Cold War Shooters order tomorrow. They should have them by Tuesday.

Wes got his first because he was just eager and drove all the way down and got them himself.

1hotshooter
03-04-2007, 7:38 PM
Can't wait to receive them - orders will be shipped within 24 hours of arrival -

Same day for as many orders as possibly ...if received before FedEx pick-up!

MM - they look very nice and can't wait to get my hands on them :D

We'll have these, and other Cali made products, at the San Fran gun show.

See you there!

Hunter
03-04-2007, 8:07 PM
Can't wait to receive them - orders will be shipped within 24 hours of arrival -

Same day for as many orders as possibly ...if received before FedEx pick-up!

MM - they look very nice and can't wait to get my hands on them :D

We'll have these, and other Cali made products, at the San Fran gun show.

See you there!

How about using USPS flat rate service so that we don't get killed on shipping? This units don't hardly weigh a thing. A couple will work in the $4.05 Priority box just fine. A dozen would fit in the $8.10 box. However your site shows $11-12 for shipping 3 of them.

MonsterMan
03-05-2007, 9:49 AM
I still have a few left for local pick ups. PM me for details. I won't get my next shipment in until next week probably.

PIRATE14
03-05-2007, 9:51 AM
How about using USPS flat rate service so that we don't get killed on shipping? This units don't hardly weigh a thing. A couple will work in the $4.05 Priority box just fine. A dozen would fit in the $8.10 box. However your site shows $11-12 for shipping 3 of them.

USPS doesn't work for us, been there tried that.....:rolleyes:

WokMaster1
03-05-2007, 10:28 AM
USPS doesn't work for us, been there tried that.....:rolleyes:

You should report it to Chuck Norris for further action,....!!!:D

MonsterMan
03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
San Jose Gun Exchange (http://www.gunexchange.com/) and Sonoma Firearms now have some as well. Well, actually probably by thursday they will get them.

chiefcrash
03-05-2007, 11:52 AM
any word when there will be AK adaptors ready?

MonsterMan
03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
any word when there will be AK adaptors ready?

I ordered them today and they should be sent out on wednesday or so. I expect to get them late in the week or maybe on monday. I am out of my first shipment of grips, so when I get more, I can start making the AK grips. I should get those next week.

Sgt Raven
03-05-2007, 12:36 PM
MM have you tried your grip with a A1 stock?

SES50
03-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Have had an orderin with CWS for a while now. Definately would love to get one in tan.

MonsterMan
03-05-2007, 1:30 PM
MM have you tried your grip with a A1 stock?

I personally have not. Maybe someone else around here has. I designed it to fit the A2 stock. If the fin gets in the way of you stock, then just dremel a little away until it fits.

MonsterMan
03-05-2007, 5:06 PM
Have had an orderin with CWS for a while now. Definately would love to get one in tan.

I will investigate more color options. I think I need pantone color samples. Does anyone know the color number?

edsel6502
03-05-2007, 5:22 PM
Hello Kitty Pink!

My evil pink rifle!. I would pay $$$ to get a pink rifle. Just because. :)

MonsterMan
03-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Hello Kitty Pink!

My evil pink rifle!. I would pay $$$ to get a pink rifle. Just because. :)

I was thinking more traditional, like CB or OD green. :rolleyes:

MonsterMan
03-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Gun Runners (http://www.gunrunners.org) in Duarte and Metroshot (http://www.metroshotfirearms.com/) in the San Fernando Valley have both started carrying the new MMG. :)

gose
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I was thinking more traditional, like CB or OD green. :rolleyes:

I'd buy a pink one as well :)

rssslvr
03-06-2007, 5:28 PM
Just got back from trying out my new MM grip and the thing is outstanding.Very well made and the fit is perfect.It handles very well and feels really good in your hand.Great job MM,thanks for bringing such a great product to market.

Wonderer
03-06-2007, 5:31 PM
Has anyone mounted the grip with a Magpul PRS stock?

I have a PRS on order and wondering if the two will play nicely. Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks.

MonsterMan
03-06-2007, 6:12 PM
Has anyone mounted the grip with a Magpul PRS stock?

I have a PRS on order and wondering if the two will play nicely. Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.monstermangrip.com/images/albums/NewAlbum_1de38/IMG_0734.jpg

Here is one with the new grip.

I really recommend the A2 stock though. No one can say it is a "thumbhole". With the PRS, I think it would really be hard to stick your hand up there and fire it.

MonsterMan
03-06-2007, 6:13 PM
Just got back from trying out my new MM grip and the thing is outstanding.Very well made and the fit is perfect.It handles very well and feels really good in your hand.Great job MM,thanks for bringing such a great product to market.

Thank you for the nice words. I think everyone will be very surprised at how comfortable and well made these things are. Not to toot my own horn or anything. :D

Wonderer
03-06-2007, 6:31 PM
Thanks for the picture (worth many words).

I hear what you are saying with regard to the "thumbhole stock" concern, and I understand being cautious. I think I will give it a try and see if I think I could convince 12 of my fellow citizens it can't be one of those dangerous thumbhole things -- funny, no one I know who uses a thumbhole stock has ever lost a thumb to one.

Looking forward to trying out your product when mine arrives.

Cheers.

rssslvr
03-06-2007, 6:44 PM
Thank you for the nice words. I think everyone will be very surprised at how comfortable and well made these things are. Not to toot my own horn or anything. :D
MM you are not tooting your own horn at all,these things are great!!!Everyone should get atleast one IMO.I know all my AR builds will have them and a few of my AKs too.

///D
03-06-2007, 8:08 PM
Please hurry w/ the AK adapters!! :D

ghost
03-06-2007, 8:52 PM
Please hurry w/ the AK adapters!! :D

+1 i need one asap!!!

MonsterMan
03-06-2007, 9:02 PM
+1 i need one asap!!!

If you guys are in that much of a hurry, I can send adapters to Wes and Michelle, and you can order the MMG for the AR and they will throw the adapters in. All you have to do is dremel your MMGAR grip down to fit your AK. That is all I am going to do. That way you won't have to wait for me to make up a lot of them. You would also get a good fit to your rifle. I recommend the drum sander for the dremel.

Just an idea.

ghost
03-06-2007, 9:19 PM
If you guys are in that much of a hurry, I can send adapters to Wes and Michelle, and you can order the MMG for the AR and they will throw the adapters in. All you have to do is dremel your MMGAR grip down to fit your AK. That is all I am going to do. That way you won't have to wait for me to make up a lot of them. You would also get a good fit to your rifle. I recommend the drum sander for the dremel.

Just an idea.

sounds good to me! will cws have them for the cow palace show?

MonsterMan
03-06-2007, 9:25 PM
sounds good to me! will cws have them for the cow palace show?

If the show is this weekend, then probably not. They should have the grips (if they haven't sold them all already). But the adapters are being sent to me tomorrow maybe? So I should get them in a few days after that. I will send some on to them if you guys want to do it yourself.

///D
03-06-2007, 10:52 PM

Just an idea.

Easy enough....sounds good! I'd be interested in this ASAP.

mblat
03-11-2007, 10:12 PM
good idea - I probably want to prder AK adapter + AR grip combination any way.... since I have non-standard AK stock....

MonsterMan
03-13-2007, 12:13 AM
I bought the New, Monsterman grip and if you're on the fence about buying it, don't be, it's high quality and they did a great job on this grip. I give it a 10+ and well worth the money.

Thanks. :)

Tom in CA
07-25-2007, 2:01 PM
I live in CA and I bought an OL Lower with a Monstermann on it because I wanted to be able to change magazines.

It looked a little funky in the photos but now that I have it I like it better than a pistol grip. I have never been a fan of pistol grips on long arms because I felt they restricted movement too much.

I'm left handed so I rest my thumb on the safety. The grip is just about the same angle from the bore as a good shotgun (I shoot clays a lot) and it feels great. You really need the safety to rest your thumb so if you are a right handed shooter be sure to get the ambi safety (about $25)

Its a good grip in its own right - not just for CA!

FortCourageArmory
07-26-2007, 12:45 AM
I just stocked up on MMGs for the store. MM was SUPER easy to deal with. And having him close means I can get MMGs in a very short time frame. Thanks MM!!!

TonyM
07-26-2007, 8:37 AM
+1 for the MM grip.

I just put together a .50 Beowulf rifle and used the MM. Adding the Ambi-Saftey and it feels great!

dotchoy
07-26-2007, 9:07 AM
Do you guys do MMgrips for HK yet?

MonsterMan
07-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I live in CA and I bought an OL Lower with a Monstermann on it because I wanted to be able to change magazines.

It looked a little funky in the photos but now that I have it I like it better than a pistol grip. I have never been a fan of pistol grips on long arms because I felt they restricted movement too much.

I'm left handed so I rest my thumb on the safety. The grip is just about the same angle from the bore as a good shotgun (I shoot clays a lot) and it feels great. You really need the safety to rest your thumb so if you are a right handed shooter be sure to get the ambi safety (about $25)

Its a good grip in its own right - not just for CA!

Thanks. I hear that a lot actually. I tell people that I hear these comments, but most don't believe me.

MonsterMan
07-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Do you guys do MMgrips for HK yet?

Only the AR and AK right now. I had hoped to have had another one out by now, but life is pretty busy these days.

dotchoy
07-26-2007, 1:58 PM
Only the AR and AK right now. I had hoped to have had another one out by now, but life is pretty busy these days.

But is it coming eventually? I hope!!!