PDA

View Full Version : What are my options for a PSL or SSG, Romak, etc.

cyrus
12-07-2011, 3:12 PM
What are my options for a PSL or SSG, Romak, etc.

Looking for a 7.62x54R shooter. Where can I look for a complete or parts kit etc.

Thanks

NorCalK9.com
12-07-2011, 3:46 PM
Atlantic firearms, market place here has psl's from time to time, I hace a saiga 308 already converted lol

Mr. Casull
12-07-2011, 4:45 PM
I've seen the PSL's at the Orange County gun show.

Carsgunsandchics
12-07-2011, 5:13 PM
Parts kits are available from time to time from Apex Gun Parts, and Centerfire Systems.

cyrus
12-07-2011, 5:30 PM
What is a good price for a rifle

Mamluke
12-07-2011, 5:39 PM
What are my options for a PSL or SSG, Romak, etc.

Looking for a 7.62x54R shooter.

GRIMM ... http://ktmtalk.com/html/emoticons/gloom.gif

Been itching to have one myself ...

http://home.roadrunner.com/~pslromak3/PSL1.jpg

Grimm ...

May forget it & get a Mosin Nagant 7.62x54

ZX-10R
12-07-2011, 5:53 PM
Good luck...Find a Romanian built one. There is a similar conversation in Akfiles...Go join. My PSL is a champ and my favorite rifle. It performs and shoots a group that fits its purpose and more. If you find one and it is not a parts kit built by a hack, GET IT.

Mamluke
12-07-2011, 6:01 PM
If you find one and it is not a parts kit built by a hack, GET IT.

LOLLLL ^^^^ ... that's down right funny as hell imo

GRIMM

http://ktmtalk.com/html/emoticons/gloom.gif

ZX-10R
12-08-2011, 2:58 AM
It's the truth most of the guys here with kits build, etc I would not shoot. I shoot hundreds of rounds a sitting when I go to the range. I don't want to shoot a gun made by a poor broke hack that wants something cheap.

Take that in...safety first.

Funny statement but true bro.

zfields
12-08-2011, 4:30 AM
It's the truth most of the guys here with kits build, etc I would not shoot. I shoot hundreds of rounds a sitting when I go to the range. I don't want to shoot a gun made by a poor broke hack that wants something cheap.

Take that in...safety first.

Funny statement but true bro.

Your elitism is starting to borderline on just plain BS. Plenty of homebuilts are just as high quality, if not higher then some of the imports.

ZX-10R
12-08-2011, 6:24 AM
Your elitism is starting to borderline on just plain BS. Plenty of homebuilts are just as high quality, if not higher then some of the imports.

You know we are talking about PSLs right? You know how many times this topic comes up and the conclusion has always been the same. Its one thing to take in information...Its another to stay ignorant. I care less about your "elite" comments before you and some of the other hacks start telling this guy to build one...Rails are issue on builds, receivers that are out of whack, etc.

Again when you go to CGN...You don't go for AK info...You go for saiga conversions info. Research the OPs question before you respond...This is nothing new to PSL owners. You build if you cannot find one but if you can you buy it.

Educate yourself...If you are in TX you should know better. PSLs DO NOT come to this state often and when they do they go quick. I have yet to see one in a shop and have not even seen one at the two ranges I go to and those are 4+ hour days on Saturday or Sunday.

Don't keep the OP ignorant.

Hey OP if you really want to shoot a PSL you can PM me and I will give you some rounds (Czech, Albanian, 1 Privi, and 1 Wolf Gold, and 1 7n1) to shoot out of my PSL. I can bring it either to SLOSA in SoCal/ Central Coast or Chabot. However it will probably be around the 1st week of the year.

See Z...I will let people shoot my guns to prove the foolishness that sometimes prevails here. Still open challenge and open offers to shoot any of my guns. Lots of people talk on the web...Some of us actually go shooting. :43:

zfields
12-08-2011, 7:31 AM
You know we are talking about PSLs right? You know how many times this topic comes up and the conclusion has always been the same. Its one thing to take in information...Its another to stay ignorant. I care less about your "elite" comments before you and some of the other hacks start telling this guy to build one...Rails are issue on builds, receivers that are out of whack, etc.

No, I was confused by the thread title specificaly listing x54r variants :rolleyes: . If anything you are worse then the "OMG BUILD IT" people with your blind claims of everyone being a hack. If you put the time effort, and have the skill, just like anything else it can come out good, or it can come out like crap without it.

Again when you go to CGN...You don't go for AK info...You go for saiga conversions info. Research the OPs question before you respond...This is nothing new to PSL owners. You build if you cannot find one but if you can you buy it.

Educate yourself...If you are in TX you should know better. PSLs DO NOT come to this state often and when they do they go quick. I have yet to see one in a shop and have not even seen one at the two ranges I go to and those are 4+ hour days on Saturday or Sunday.

Doesn't seem they are easy to find in any state. Haven't seen one in a shop yet here either.

Hey OP if you really want to shoot a PSL you can PM me and I will give you some rounds (Czech, Albanian, 1 Privi, and 1 Wolf Gold, and 1 7n1) to shoot out of my PSL. I can bring it either to SLOSA in SoCal/ Central Coast or Chabot. However it will probably be around the 1st week of the year.

See Z...I will let people shoot my guns to prove the foolishness that sometimes prevails here. Still open challenge and open offers to shoot any of my guns. Lots of people talk on the web...Some of us actually go shooting. :43:
Thats great, good for you? Ive let plenty of people run my Saiga through the action range at Richmond, a few people even bought one after. I don't see why you think its some big deal that you keep spouting out that you have this offer. Maybe people just don't want to shoot with you?

FWIW, I am not against buying any already made ak/PSL/Fal/whatever, building one, or converting one. Its the rampant fanboism that is just getting old on either side of the AK world. We have other things to worry about, mainly the " AMG AKS BLO, BUYZ ARS" people.

69Mach1
12-08-2011, 7:32 AM
Do you two need a break from each other?

yellowfin
12-08-2011, 8:06 AM
Just got a Centerfire kit last week myself, looking to build it next week. One thing I've learned from reading is a mod I'm going to do with the gas port to fix the overgassing problem.

Shrubmaster
12-08-2011, 8:29 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/b8c25ab5-f3b6-f183.jpg

Seen today at We The People in clovis ca. Built only on recievers within specs.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk