View Full Version : Inherited rifles in AZ..want to bring to CA and sell

12-07-2011, 12:20 PM
I inherited some old school .22 rifles from my family in AZ. I would like to bring these rifles into CA, where i reside, and sell them. I am unsure who they are currently registred to. Do i just find a FFL and transfer them? Or is there another preferred/cost efficient method to go about this?

Miller Arms schuetzen rifleDeutchewerke/werkerfurt mod 1 drp rifle
Winchester mod 427 rifle
A.uberti & c.gardone v.t.Italy cal .22lr rifle
Encore 243win rifleWinchester repeating mod 69-22 short rifle
and a few others..fwiw


12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
If you inherited them, go get them and bring them home.

NO FFL required for inheritance, either state or Fed law.

See the wiki -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Inheriting_firearms%2C_both_within_California_and_ Interstate

12-07-2011, 1:03 PM
Librarian covered it, but if you happen to come across handguns those need to be registered via report of oplaw form to doj.

12-07-2011, 1:45 PM
Thanks guys