PDA

View Full Version : can some1 educate me about AK PARTS KIT

MUKAK
12-07-2011, 8:50 AM
so if I buy a AK parts kit which is pretty much a cut up ( demilled ) FULL AUTO AK right?

does it come with all the Full Auto parts when its shipped to me ?

can i get in trouble for possesing ( not installing ) a full auto trigger parts?

louscamaro91
12-07-2011, 9:09 AM
Gray area.
There is a thread that has all the details. I will try and dig it up.

NorCalK9.com
12-07-2011, 9:26 AM
You dont need the fa fcg! I cut mine up n throw them in the trash! Almost every kit I get comes with fa fcg but I dont wanna take the chance on having them around.
Good luck, what you going to build?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=7623258&posted=1#post7623258

chozenfew805
12-07-2011, 9:34 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=292985

69mach1 Wrote up this bad arse article covering what to expect if your looking into building an AK:43: with great pics as well. I forgot which post number it was but there's a picture of said FA FCG parts that need to be disposed of.

MUKAK
12-07-2011, 9:58 AM
You dont need the fa fcg! I cut mine up n throw them in the trash! Almost every kit I get comes with fa fcg but I dont wanna take the chance on having them around.
Good luck, what you going to build?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=7623258&posted=1#post7623258

ye ill trow my in the TRASH to lol

hey what do u recommend for a first AK? i like the Polish UF but i heard the stock is not comfy...

where is a good place to buy a quality kit? anywhere local in SOCAL?

zfields
12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Going to be hard to find local kits, online is the only place I have seen them.

NorCalK9.com
12-07-2011, 10:31 AM
ye ill trow my in the TRASH to lol

hey what do u recommend for a first AK? i like the Polish UF but i heard the stock is not comfy...

where is a good place to buy a quality kit? anywhere local in SOCAL?

I just bought a polish uf kit from apex but i'm gonna use a fixed stock rear trunion for mine and your uf parts you can sell and recover about 50 bucks on your cost. If you go with a polish uf and you decide to use a fixed stock, i'll give u one for free, wont be the prettiest but it'll work!

zfields
12-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I just bought a polish uf kit from apex but i'm gonna use a fixed stock rear trunion for mine and your uf parts you can sell and recover about 50 bucks on your cost. If you go with a polish uf and you decide to use a fixed stock, i'll give u one for free, wont be the prettiest but it'll work!

If you end up selling a side folder Id be interested. No AMD folders though, prefer the Tantal style.

NorCalK9.com
12-07-2011, 10:43 AM
If you end up selling a side folder Id be interested. No AMD folders though, prefer the Tantal style.

Lmao they come with the underfolder not side folders. And only side folder I have rite now is the amd one. I want a russian side folder but I dont wanna spend 300 just to lock it open.

MUKAK
12-07-2011, 10:46 AM
so where is a good place online to get a kit? nothing too expensive though...

and what about barrels? are they chrome lined? should i get a kit with a matching barrel? or should i just get a Virgin US barrel and pay some1 100$ to pin/drill it?

zfields
12-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Im aware they come with underfolders, thats why I said If you end up selling a side folder, not if you end up wanting to sell a underfolder.

And I hear ya on the russian ones, ive been considering picking up one of these and giving them a try.

http://www.saiga-12.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AGP002

http://www.saiga-12.com/prodimages/AK_Saiga_Folding_Stock_01.gif

tujungatoes
12-07-2011, 11:23 AM
so where is a good place online to get a kit? nothing too expensive though...

and what about barrels? are they chrome lined? should i get a kit with a matching barrel? or should i just get a Virgin US barrel and pay some1 100$ to pin/drill it?

Start with the market place here on CG(I just sold one yesterday), apex, ak-builder, what a country, gunbroker, akfiles, akforum. CG member straykiller has a website that searches most of the good suppliers. Check his thread in the gunsmithing section.

NorCalK9.com
12-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Ak74 headspaced barrel
http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30154

NorCalK9.com
12-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Heres a polish uf kit w/us barrel already headspaced.
http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30127

ZX-10R
12-07-2011, 5:58 PM
Polish UF is awesome. The stock is not bad at all but definitely different. I love mine and it is a shooter. Good luck.

Here is mine as a CA legal one...It was not a kit but a damn well made gun.

I am thinking I have come to a situation where yes, next year I have to fork some cash for a Yugo kit and build. Yes build. That however, I will be worth it if I can find a fully matched M70 kit.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb85/mosepeda2000/CenturyGunsthatwilloutshootyourAK.jpg

tujungatoes
12-07-2011, 9:45 PM
I am thinking I have come to a situation where yes, next year I have to fork some cash for a Yugo kit and build. Yes build. That however, I will be worth it if I can find a fully matched M70 kit.

Buy your kit now man. They sure aint gettin any cheaper.

msand951
12-08-2011, 7:38 AM
cool thread , I saved this for future reference. Would you guys recommend to start with a head spaced barrel installed for a beginer. I want to buy the bending jig from a member here who makes and sells them for 80 shipped from SD. And I want to build a 74 and a 47.

Nice rifles ZX-10R

zfields
12-08-2011, 7:42 AM
Let me know how that jig is, thinkin about picking one up. No one around here has build parties, need to start slowly getting all the jigs.

SJgunguy24
12-08-2011, 8:29 AM
OP, if your trying to get into an AK for cheap then buy a WASR. Building isn't the way to save money anymore, unless you just want to say you built that yourself.

p2rider426
12-08-2011, 1:21 PM
Oh crap, I thought all parts kits came with replaced semi-auto FCGs! Anyone have a good way to tell the difference between the FA and semi-auto trigger groups???

tujungatoes
12-08-2011, 2:21 PM
Whatever comes with your kit will almost certainly be a foreign/FA FCG(often incomplete). Just make sure to keep the springs and destroy/toss the rest. Then pick your self up a tapco G2.

cool thread , I saved this for future reference. Would you guys recommend to start with a head spaced barrel installed for a beginer. I want to buy the bending jig from a member here who makes and sells them for 80 shipped from SD. And I want to build a 74 and a 47.

I generally recommend new builders get a kit with the barrel already headspaced and populated. But if you have the required tools, and mechanical aptitude there's no reason you couldn't do it your self.

SmellOfCordite
12-08-2011, 3:41 PM
Let me know how that jig is, thinkin about picking one up. No one around here has build parties, need to start slowly getting all the jigs.

I might skip that jig, ask jeepers if you must know why.

On a side note, I built a Romanian "G kit" and everything came out great. Kit was numbers matching and original barrel so it was fairly painless.

1forall
12-08-2011, 3:58 PM
Oh crap, I thought all parts kits came with replaced semi-auto FCGs! Anyone have a good way to tell the difference between the FA and semi-auto trigger groups???

Yeah...the ones that come in the kit should be tossed as stated, just retain the springs.

Ryan in SD
12-08-2011, 4:00 PM
so if I buy a AK parts kit which is pretty much a cut up ( demilled ) FULL AUTO AK right?

does it come with all the Full Auto parts when its shipped to me ?

can i get in trouble for possesing ( not installing ) a full auto trigger parts?

Youre are clearly interested in full auto.

Move to a free state then I'll spend some time talking to you about kits.

Last thing we want is to hear you on the 6 oclock news and making a bad name for the rest of us builders.

NorCalK9.com
12-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Youre are clearly interested in full auto.

Move to a free state then I'll spend some time talking to you about kits.

Last thing we want is to hear you on the 6 oclock news and making a bad name for the rest of us builders.

Each one of those qiestions is probably the same we all asked when getting into building AK's im pretty sure they were for me.

Ryan in SD
12-09-2011, 2:27 AM
Each one of those qiestions is probably the same we all asked when getting into building AK's im pretty sure they were for me.

Yeah I suppose thats true enough.

I have a flame quota and Im sorely lacking this month. Forgive me. :chris:

yoitsbruce
12-09-2011, 12:19 PM
which part needs to be dros'd or does the whole kit needs to be sent to a ffl?

zfields
12-09-2011, 12:39 PM
only the receiver, if you buy a pre folded one.

NorCalK9.com
12-09-2011, 1:26 PM
Yeah I suppose thats true enough.

I have a flame quota and Im sorely lacking this month. Forgive me. :chris:

I think ive exceeded my quota for the month lol