PDA

View Full Version : AK headspace gauge

thefinger
03-02-2007, 11:34 PM
I am considering doing a Romanian AK build from a parts kit on a Nodak receiver. It seems like the one thing I don't possess that I'll need is the 7.62 headspace "no go" and "go" gauges. Is there anyone out there that, when the time comes, would be willing to lend me the gauges for a day or two so I don't have to spring for them myself? Seems like they run about $25 a piece and I'm a college student on a budget. I'm in Sacramento. I don't plan on finishing the build until July or August if I go for it, but I thought I'd ask now to see if there was anyone nice enough to help.

grammaton76
03-03-2007, 1:38 AM
If you end up being down in the SD area, you're welcome to use mine. I'm not into renting/shipping/selling my tooling, though, so it's strictly a local offer.

thefinger
03-03-2007, 3:21 PM
If you end up being down in the SD area, you're welcome to use mine. I'm not into renting/shipping/selling my tooling, though, so it's strictly a local offer.

Right on, thanks for the offer. We'll see, I may be down that direction towards the end of summer. I'll keep it in mind. I appreciate it.