View Full Version : SA 1911 Mil-Spec

03-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Any clue on who would have the best price for a parkerized mil-spec in the bay area?

It seems most places don't want to give prices over the phone. As much as
I'd love to go to the shops to get prices and drool over their displays I just don't have the time.

03-02-2007, 10:52 PM
try target master in milpitas or sportsmen's supply in san jose, they'll give you a price.

03-03-2007, 2:50 PM
I got mine from Markley's in Watsonville. Don't know if they'll quote over the phone, but you could call them and see.

63 tango
03-03-2007, 3:32 PM
antioch armory will give quotes over the phone and they have good prices. but they are closed sunday and monday.

03-03-2007, 4:04 PM
Support your local store, if it's professional, polite, and generally treats you well. I'd estimate your out the door price should be ~$560-$610.

Remember you'll have to go to the shop at least twice to complete the deal. If you're in San Pablo, it would make no sense to drive twice to Campbell or Watsonville to buy this gun (due to the distances and the travel costs), unless that particular shop is the only shop to have one in-stock for you to see at the time. If you don't have time to go to a shop at least twice, then it's unlikely you'll be able to buy a firearm.

I based my price estimate on seeing a range of $460 to $510 on a quick look to gunbroker.com, then estimating an additonal $100 for California sales tax + Calif. transfer fees.

A shop's quote may be considered it's 1st offer. There is the possibility of negotiation if the price seems too expensive. Most shops aren't going to negotiate over the phone, however. Paying via cash or check vs. charge-carding-it could be worth another 3% to a shop's cost, too.

03-03-2007, 4:40 PM
I was just by Sportsmen's, and they've got a Milspec for $599 and a GI for $549. They both have wooden grips, but not very good-looking ones...

03-03-2007, 6:19 PM
Is there a Turner's in your area?

My stainless GI was $539. $612 OTD