PDA

View Full Version : canyon sports glock sale

kmk
03-02-2007, 9:12 PM
they say glocks are sokld for only $10 over cost.,.,.,.,what does that translate to? i had a new glock once.,.,.,it was a model 22 and cost $450.,..,in 1995.,.,.,.,

WokMaster1
03-02-2007, 10:02 PM
$10 over all his cost of doing business;)
rent, utilities, employees.... What price did they quote you?

Hey, their Aprils fool's day sale is coming up. I remembered that Glock 19 was going for $450 on their flyer. I've never been. Can someone confirm that?

kmk
03-02-2007, 10:40 PM
well it's not just $10 now is it .,.,.,transfer fees are approx $100 .,.,.,if they sold 100 glocks thats 10000 in transfer fees.,.,.,.Deleted.....not in good taste.

ivanimal
03-02-2007, 11:37 PM
If you are informing people of the sale this is OK if you just want to poke insults at the industry or Canyon sports employees there will be consequences.

kilword
03-03-2007, 12:32 AM
suposedly its supose to be glock reps there selling glocks on sale at canyon sports.

kilword
03-03-2007, 12:33 AM
march 31st

donger
03-03-2007, 5:19 AM
Geez, this thread makes my head hurt. :confused:

Please try and construct posts with a semblance of structure.

EOD Guy
03-03-2007, 6:39 AM
well it's not just $10 now is it .,.,.,transfer fees are approx $100 .,.,.,if they sold 100 glocks thats 10000 in transfer fees.,.,.,.Deleted.....not in good taste.

They don't charge "transfer fees", just DROS and their $5.00 "shop fee".

kmk
03-03-2007, 7:28 AM
f your structure my main man.,.,.,soo you're saying gun reg is only $30.,.,i dont believe it

kmk
03-03-2007, 7:30 AM
i'm not trying to be a commercial for canyon.,.,.,just trying to get an idea of how much they will actually sell for .,.,.,.,anyone have an idea?

12voltguy
03-03-2007, 9:19 AM
Top Glock Is Around $449 All The Time

rkt88edmo
03-03-2007, 9:39 AM
i'm not trying to be a commercial for canyon.,.,.,just trying to get an idea of how much they will actually sell for .,.,.,.,anyone have an idea?

Why don't you call and ask them directly?

Please refrain from telling people to F their structure, or to F anything else.

koiloco
03-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Some people should not be allowed to own firearms.

You sound like a perfect candidate judging from your
temper.

Just 1 comment and you want to F someone already. I wonder what you could do with a gun when you are pissed.

Calm down brother. :D

bob bomb
03-03-2007, 4:01 PM
On the tpoic of Canyon Sports I have one think to say. The over price everything by about 40 percent.The have some of the most rude and dishonest employees in the industries( :mad: Mainly the fat guy with the ink). NEVER BUY FROM THEM.Go to Antioch Armory if you want something at a good price(usually about $200 less than Canyon Sports). Just my two cents. If you want you can go to them and learn the hard way.:D

DRM6000
03-03-2007, 6:26 PM
On the tpoic of Canyon Sports I have one think to say. The over price everything by about 40 percent.The have some of the most rude and dishonest employees in the industries( :mad: Mainly the fat guy with the ink). NEVER BUY FROM THEM.Go to Antioch Armory if you want something at a good price(usually about $200 less than Canyon Sports). Just my two cents. If you want you can go to them and learn the hard way.:D

have you ever bought a gun from them? they will negotiate and the final price is competitive. i didn't even hint at negotiating and the guy gave me a much better price. i had a pleasant experience when i bought from them once.

back on topic, how are glock sale prices? i might buy a couple if they're good.

6172crew
03-03-2007, 6:36 PM
I wonder if the Gunny will be there?:confused:

On a side not Ive never walked out of there without something but my buddy did and the fat guy said something smart to him on our way out.

On the other hand my cousin bought a savage police rifle and they gave him a pretty good deal and some ammo to go with it.

DRM6000
03-03-2007, 6:43 PM
i was just thinking about those who bash canyon sports prices and service. the employees behind the counter are salesmen . they can sniff out who is serious and who is a tire-kicker. maybe those who are complaining are the tire-kickers?

david_place_834
03-03-2007, 7:27 PM
Last year, by coincidence, I was there on their Glock day. I arrived around 11 a.m. and it was jammed packed. Glocks were exactly the same as TOPGLOCK's. The salesman told me they had sold over 150 Glocks in 3 hours. All that they had left were leopard finished camo Glocks.

I believe that the guns sold are the Glock distributors inventory and not store inventory.

Everytime I've called Canyon Sports for other manufacturer days, the standard response I get is "everyday is a sales day, come down here and lets talk". They are wheel and dealers.

The only thing I hate about Canyon Sports is that sometimes the employees act too "badass" for my tastes. Yeah, I'm a tirekicker. Just to be on their good side, I buy ammo from time to time. Just wished they'd remembered that the next time I visited.

TRP PRO 1911
03-03-2007, 7:47 PM
Last time I worked in a gunstore Glock models 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 31, 32, 33 were $440 cost. .45ACP and 10mm models were a bit more.

LE cost on glocks with NS and 3 mags was $385 since they did not have to pay FET "Federal Excise Tax."

If this post violates rules, please delete. this is for informational purposes only.

bob bomb
03-03-2007, 9:17 PM
have you ever bought a gun from them? they will negotiate and the final price is competitive. i didn't even hint at negotiating and the guy gave me a much better price. i had a pleasant experience when i bought from them once.

back on topic, how are glock sale prices? i might buy a couple if they're good.

I have purchased several firearms form them in the past. I find that I value a store that doesn't price their firearms $200 above retail and then asks you to wheel and deal.
The worst part is that when you done wheeling and dealing and its only $100 above retail, they make you feel like their bending over backwards for you. In reality they are screwing you and act like your the one taking advantage.:confused:
You should try going to Antioch Armory sometime and then you will realize how much Canyon :( Sports is a bad bussiness.

kilword
03-03-2007, 10:23 PM
antioch armory for the win!!!

EOD Guy
03-04-2007, 7:55 AM
f your structure my main man.,.,.,soo you're saying gun reg is only $30.,.,i dont believe it

No, it's $35.00. I just checked several receipts.

permanent_45
03-04-2007, 8:35 AM
+1 for this. AA had the best price in the bay area on glocks.

Gungirl
03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
The inside scoop is that Glock's will be less than last year (hard to believe they could do that, but that's what I heard). DROS fee is $35.00 ($25 in state fees and $10 for the shop). Factory reps may or may not be there. Glock's are not supplied by the rep. Canyon purchases them directly from Glock and through distribution. The Gunny won't be there. (Boo-hiss...that would have been fun!)

WokMaster1
03-07-2007, 11:42 AM
The inside scoop is that Glock's will be less than last year (hard to believe they could do that, but that's what I heard). DROS fee is $35.00 ($25 in state fees and $10 for the shop). Factory reps may or may not be there. Glock's are not supplied by the rep. Canyon purchases them directly from Glock and through distribution. The Gunny won't be there. (Boo-hiss...that would have been fun!)

Well, I called them yesterday & they said that the sale is on Sat, March 31st at 9am. He advised to be there a bit earlier. Regardless of what we think of those guys, a good deal is a good deal. Any one of you Calgunners going? What about you Gungirl?

Gungirl
03-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Well, I called them yesterday & they said that the sale is on Sat, March 31st at 9am. He advised to be there a bit earlier. Regardless of what we think of those guys, a good deal is a good deal. Any one of you Calgunners going? What about you Gungirl?

Probably won't be going. It was a zoo last year and I'm not looking for a Glock right now. I agree that you want to get there when they open. They sold out really fast last year.

My next gun is going to be a custom 1911...haven't decided what yet. Canyon has tons in stock and I can special order if they don't have just what I want.

sammy
03-07-2007, 6:17 PM
Canyon Sports has the best sellection of any shop in my area. The fat guy with lots of ink has lied to me more than once. Left a bad taste in my mouth, but not any more than buying a new car. Car dealers are the worst vermin out there.

Guncrank
03-07-2007, 7:27 PM
Listen - You people get so worked up over nothing - Canyon is having their annual sale - they bring in a Glock Rep and I don't care if it is $10 or $100 over the cost - They are a great deal! I got a G35 from them last year at this sale for $479 plus tax (State Imposed!) and DROS(State Imposed) not sure why we would say reg is $100 - maybe the gun store you buy from charges that because you order guns out of Shotgun News? These people need to make a living and they also need to stay open so you have a place to buy, service and supply your guns! Why are we so against people making a living? Do you want a raise where you work? Or maybe you are just upset that you weren't smart enough to start a gunstore that is as successful as the Canyon Sports crew are. I don't work there, just like having good people to go to that can provide me support in my hobby, sport and most of all my habit!

kmk
03-07-2007, 8:09 PM
i love the idea of paying a little less.,.,.,i'm totally in the market rite now for a g17.,.,.,it's funny thats its a big deal to save $60 on a $500 purchase.,..i'll take it!,.,.remember how stoked you were when portable dvd players went below $100?.,.,i dont feel that stoked

gotgunz
03-07-2007, 9:27 PM
The way some of you people talk I would like to be around to watch you throw a fit when purchasing a new Harley!

LOL

Trader Jack
03-07-2007, 9:41 PM
Listen - You people get so worked up over nothing - Canyon is having their annual sale - they bring in a Glock Rep and I don't care if it is $10 or $100 over the cost - They are a great deal! I got a G35 from them last year at this sale for $479 plus tax (State Imposed!) and DROS(State Imposed) not sure why we would say reg is $100 - maybe the gun store you buy from charges that because you order guns out of Shotgun News? These people need to make a living and they also need to stay open so you have a place to buy, service and supply your guns! Why are we so against people making a living? Do you want a raise where you work? Or maybe you are just upset that you weren't smart enough to start a gunstore that is as successful as the Canyon Sports crew are. I don't work there, just like having good people to go to that can provide me support in my hobby, sport and most of all my habit!

Very well put Guncrank. It is good to see there are a few people on this site that there is more to a store then just low prices.
It sounds to me that "BobBomb" has a serious weed up his *** about Canyon Sports.:o

Ratters
03-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Very well put Guncrank. It is good to see there are a few people on this site that there is more to a store then just low prices.
It sounds to me that "BobBomb" has a serious weed up his *** about Canyon Sports.:o

But that's why I don't go there anymore. I never liked the haggling but I never had a big problem with knowing what price I wanted to pay. It's that twice I was turned away from doing a PPT there because they said it was too much work. Well pardon me but since I'm required by law to go through and ffl, the ffl is required to do the transfer upon request.

To me it's not about their prices, it's about the lack of customer service. And this is a store that I've spent several thousand in. I haven't been there in almost two years, and other than them being the closest gun shop to me, I haven't missed it. I'd rather drive an hour and give BigMac my business because he is truley concerned about providing good customer service and is more than happy to do PPTs. By doing the transfers for me he's also sold me guns off his rack, so there's also a business reason to do them too.

Rant off. :D

PressCheck
03-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Canyon Sports has the best sellection of any shop in my area. The fat guy with lots of ink has lied to me more than once. Left a bad taste in my mouth, but not any more than buying a new car. Car dealers are the worst vermin out there.

The guy with the "ink" sold over 7,000 guns last year, and that's a fact.

They normally price their merchandise at retail, and if are dumb enough to pay retail -OH WELL!

At last years sale they ran out of Glocks (150) by noon. The owner told me that this years prices will be even better, and this year they're bringing in 500 Glocks. They also have two full containers of ammo on site.

bruss01
03-12-2007, 12:51 PM
I got my heart set on a nice little .22 pistol. Since it's not on the list I found one for PPT at a gun show, the seller insisted on Canyon Sports as the FFL for the transfer. So a little .22 that by rights, should have cost about $125 ended up nearly double that price after the gougeing started. I know, everybody has to make a living but DAMN I couldn't walk right for a week after that.

Needless to say, they probably did things "right" (from their perspective) but I will take my business elsewhere in the future. I just did not feel at ease in doing the business the one time I actually bought a gun there. I have been in there "just to browse" (when they were not busy) and said so up front, and was treated with respect. Since I no longer live in the Bay Area it doesn't affect me any longer. I'm not mad but it was a disappointing experience. I felt over a barrel and taken advantage of. What am I going to do at that point, walk away? Sure, I could have. Guess I wanted the gun more than the money even if it was more than I expected. But life is definitely a learning process and boy howdy did I learn something that day.

un_ave
03-12-2007, 3:18 PM
my two cents...

I did PTP transfer there...$35 out the door. While I was waiting for the paperwork, I asked the "inked" a guy a question on a gun...and he looked at me like "what, u don't know the answer to that?" maybe it was a bit early for Zachy, ~10 am, but I didn't let it get to me...I just walked over to the next display case and asked another question....and left it at that....

as I saw more of his interaction with other customers...I realized he wasn't directing it to just me...it's the way he is...which is no big deal....made my visit a little more entertaining....he'll definitely stands out in that room...very loud guy :D

SunriseF150
03-12-2007, 3:41 PM
Yeah I bought my Benelli M4 from them. They definately have a very nice selection. And they are definately priced high. But everyone always haggles, so you price it higher to go lower. If they priced it at their absolute lowest, you'd get people trying to haggle that price. I've talked to a few employees there and they have all been cool. The big buy was cool once, and rude another time. No biggie, thats just the way he is.

12voltguy
03-12-2007, 4:08 PM
Yeah I bought my Benelli M4 from them. They definately have a very nice selection. And they are definately priced high. But everyone always haggles, so you price it higher to go lower. If they priced it at their absolute lowest, you'd get people trying to haggle that price. I've talked to a few employees there and they have all been cool. The big buy was cool once, and rude another time. No biggie, thats just the way he is.

he sounds bad for buisness:p

yoteassasin
03-12-2007, 4:33 PM
last time they had i glock sale (about this time last year) they went for $495
which is the same price they are going for at guns, fishing , and stuff

WokMaster1
03-12-2007, 5:34 PM

Where's that?

12voltguy
03-12-2007, 6:03 PM
www.topglock.com
so cheap that can no longer even list the prices:rolleyes:

last check was $449, why bother elsewhere:confused:

Travis
03-12-2007, 6:04 PM
Guns, Fishing, and Stuff is in Vacaville. I80 & Alamo. They had standard Glocks on sale for $500+ taxes and fees back in December/January. I didn't think that sale was still going on. I guess I'll have to go back and check. I'd love to get me hands on a G35 (even though it won't be $500)...

Travis
03-12-2007, 6:08 PM
www.topglock.com

$449 our of state gets to be a $525 gun real fast when you add in shipping and transfer fees.

Harbinger
03-12-2007, 6:08 PM
What's with all the newbs (low post counts) posting in this thread? Anyone smell astroturf?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Mike

kilword
03-12-2007, 6:10 PM
449 is a good price but then shipping and transfer price?
i know antioch armory has new G17 for around 510

CalNRA
03-12-2007, 6:26 PM
www.topglock.com

three words:

shipping and transfer. and you are still supposed to pay tax on it.

I just talked to Lee up over in Fairfield and ordered a G36(yes bu-bye I am finally ready for a subcompact Glock). Sure his quote prices are a bit more than what Top Glock says, but factor in the shipping, even with Lee's reasonable transfer cost I still prefer to pay him for a GLock. There are people right here I that I rather do business with.

Travis
03-12-2007, 7:34 PM
What's with all the newbs (low post counts) posting in this thread? Anyone smell astroturf?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Mike

Sorry about the posts. I didn't realize there was a minimum post count requirement for this thread. I'll leave now :confused:

E. Fudd
03-12-2007, 7:54 PM
Where is this gun shop in Fairfield?

WokMaster1
03-12-2007, 8:37 PM
Guns, Fishing & other things in Vacaville.

http://gunsfishing.com/index.html

Looks interesting enough for a visit, just because.......:)

yoteassasin
03-12-2007, 10:11 PM
guns fishing and stuff is in vacaville of of i-80 alamo exit but one word of advice both canyon and guns fishing and stuff have a terible reputaion as far as sales personel i know the owner of canyon personaly and he is not a bad guy but his sales staff is something else if you go in there talk to the kid he is the only one except ronnie who will give any one the respect they deserve or better yet screw the hundred dollars you will save and buy from some one who will treat you like CUSTOMER not a pest and drive them out of bussines its your choice i for one will not trade my dignity for a lousy C-note and just so you know my ffl of choice "diablo valley guns" in pleasant hill and "irvington arms" in fremont the is something to be said that when ever a customer comes in there is always some one there to help you who wants you to get what you want not what they want to sell you and you wont be padding some A-hole's pocket

EOD Guy
03-13-2007, 6:52 AM

I believe that was during a sale and it was not for all Glocks. They are normally just as high as most other dealers and would not deal on any of their prices.

m1aowner
03-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Once upon a time, Canyon Sports had a table full of new Glocks at a past Antioch show for $419. I should've bought one of each that they had there. Stupid stupid me. Only got a G22. I doubt they will that price again.

Strange, I usually get a mailer from them when they have big sales. Probably better I didn't get it, so certain eyes won't know about it.

Gunguy65
03-31-2007, 6:22 PM
Went to Canyon Sports today. Got a Glock 34 for $499. I think the kid made a mistake! Sounds like a steal to me!

Store opened at 9 and I got there at 8. There was about 150 people waiting in line for them to open. I thought I was buying concert tickets for a minute. There were people with lawn chairs.

Got my spot at the counter and it took about 20 minutes to wade through the paperwork process. Everybody seemed pretty decent, but very busy. I heard the employees talking that they had already sold about 120. Don't think that could be true, but with the number of people there, I'm sure they hit that mark.

We were lined up like cord-wood at the counter. A big guy with a bunch of tattoos appeared to be running the show. He was doing the state registration stuff. I think he may be the owner, but I'm not sure.

Can't wait to pick up that new Glock!

goldfinger
03-31-2007, 6:38 PM
Went to Canyon Sports today. Got a Glock 34 for $499. I think the kid made a mistake! Sounds like a steal to me!

Store opened at 9 and I got there at 8. There was about 150 people waiting in line for them to open. I thought I was buying concert tickets for a minute. There were people with lawn chairs.

Got my spot at the counter and it took about 20 minutes to wade through the paperwork process. Everybody seemed pretty decent, but very busy. I heard the employees talking that they had already sold about 120. Don't think that could be true, but with the number of people there, I'm sure they hit that mark.

We were lined up like cord-wood at the counter. A big guy with a bunch of tattoos appeared to be running the show. He was doing the state registration stuff. I think he may be the owner, but I'm not sure.

Can't wait to pick up that new Glock!

thats really a steal. i bought a used glock 34 yesterday with adjustable sights for 525.

kilword
03-31-2007, 6:44 PM
i bought my 35 new a few weeks ago for 615...good deal you got.
tattoo guy does NOT own the place. and no I didnt purchace my 35 from there

PressCheck
04-01-2007, 8:58 AM
tattoo guy does NOT own the place.

This big guy with gotee is the owner.

WokMaster1
04-01-2007, 9:38 AM
This big guy with gotee is the owner.

The BIG guy with tattoos & goatee works there & not the owner. He just has ownership attitute.

PressCheck
04-01-2007, 12:23 PM
The BIG guy with tattoos & goatee works there & not the owner. He just has ownership attitute.

That's what I said!

kilword
04-01-2007, 1:43 PM
he has ******* attitude....I know thats how he is but when your trying to sell stuff, you should pull the stick out of his *** a little and maybe get a little more business. but with the prices they have they'll always just real in the peons or brand new shooters that haven't shopped around.