View Full Version : Top Tier Ar15/M16 Manufacturers

03-02-2007, 6:05 PM
Newbie question: Just curious, who you fellas think are the top 3 tier AR Manufacturers on the market today. Where would Cal Guns members rank the following...LMT, FN, Colt, CMMG, Noveske, RRA, Bush Master, Bravo Company, etc.

03-02-2007, 6:06 PM
All > Vulcan

Colt = overpriced My Little Pony for men.

Just about everything else is very good.

Stag, Mega, CMMG seem to be the most favored.

ETA: Wait a minute.. what is this doing in the Handgun forum?

03-02-2007, 6:20 PM
Well if all brands were available to humble law abiding citizens...

Colt would be the tops because of history and since I think that prancing horse looks really cool.

then FN (the brand featured on the Military Channel?) because of FN's history.

finally I like Stag because of their left handed rifles. South Paws like myself appreciate being remembered.

Aside from those brands, most others are fine and equal. Of course Vulcan is a no, no due to quality and its snow balling bad reputation. I also dont like Double Star since I dont like that bird design. I hear they work fine though.

03-02-2007, 6:23 PM
Colt made good stuff back in the 90s. They still make good stuff.

But in today's world were there are so many different manufacturers, Colt isn't the dominate brand in the AR market.

If I had to buy at complete factory rifle (assuming no bans), I'd still get a Colt. They've been around the longest, and thus, are most likely to still be around if I need to have my lower repaired. Plus, I've always liked how Colt has had 1 in 7" twist barrels pretty much standard.

But I would never buy a complete factory rifle, even I weren't in California.