PDA

View Full Version : AR friendly shooting

casacel2
03-02-2007, 6:56 PM
I am looking for an AR friendly place to shoot near roseville, ca. Preferably a place on BLM or other federal land that is commonly used for target practice.

Let me know what y'all know of, I am knew to the area and want to try out my OLL.

Pthfndr
03-02-2007, 8:19 PM
Spenceville and Colfax.

Do a search and directions to both will turn up.

Lincoln, Yolo Sportsmans club, Rancho Cordova Shooting Center, Sac Valley Shooting Center are a bit further. All AR friendly ranges.

ViPER395
03-03-2007, 8:47 AM
El Dorado National Forest is my place of choice.

Snow will definately be a problem due to recent storms. If you have a 4x4 you probably could get to someplace to shoot.

PLINK
03-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I am looking for an AR friendly place to shoot near roseville, ca. Preferably a place on BLM or other federal land that is commonly used for target practice.

Let me know what y'all know of, I am knew to the area and want to try out my OLL.

You are closer to Colfax than the others (I don't know where Spenceville is). If anyone goes there or any BLM spot, please pick up after yourself. I am not saying that you wouldn't but just a friendly reminder.

There was a big clean up at Colfax not too long ago and while the turn out and clean up went well, the BLM manager stated that if the trash and junk dumping continues then they will close it.

ViPER395
03-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Anyone know if there is any snow issues with getting to the Colfax BLM spot.

PLINK
03-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Anyone know if there is any snow issues with getting to the Colfax BLM spot.

There shouldn't be any snow issues. It is mostly paved road til you get to the spot.

Wulf
03-04-2007, 10:30 AM
And they dont usually get enough snow in Colfax to be a problem for very long.

sactoshooter
03-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Spencevile Is also known as camp far west out past lincoln on hwy 65. There is a public range out there. It is alot of fun because its a range where you can bring your own targets ... well any kind of targets. There is often ar and many other unique weapons out there on a regular basis.

maurice05
03-29-2007, 10:56 PM
any one know the closest BLM land closest to los angeles i got a new fal nd need a place to test her out

arfan66
03-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Be advised - Spenceville range is BLM land and you can only shoot paper targets or clay pigeons (posted on the billboard). The park rangers occasionally stop by and if you are setting up new or shooting at existing targets that aren't paper or clay you will receive a citation. I was shooting out there with a buddy after a drill weekend at Beale AFB when a ranger showed up. He cited several folks and threatened to give one to us as well (I threw a water bottle out there). We offered to clean up the area if he didn't cite us (my buddy just started as a corrections officer and was still on probation). Twenty minutes worth of picking up trash got us off the hook.

Remember - Paper targets or clay pigeons only!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Coffee and late night calguns thread surfing has a way of doing that to me.

Jeff